Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭endainoz

JoeyD wrote: »
    For anyone that has stayed in the pink moon glamping before - can you tell me whether the 2 man tents fit a double airbed

Thanks!

Should be good to fit but the do provide you with mats underneath your sleeping bag anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

endainoz wrote: »
    Should be good to fit but the do provide you with mats underneath your sleeping bag anyways

They only do that if you purchase the addon though, otherwise iirc its just the tent

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Latest charts still a mixed bag, ECM has downgraded the rainfall a little but has a later downpour! While the higher resolution GFS has the rain pretty much as heavy as earlier and further north than low resolution:

viewimage.pbx-55.png

There is uncertainty still as the track of the low pressure system is unclear and we don't have cross model agreement but I would be hopeful looking at all info available at present that the rainfall on Saturday would be closer to 10mm now rather than 15mm, this can still downgrade or upgrade, later this evening we'll have a better handle.

The ground conditions surrounding the event fields look good this morning and only some light showers are expected today and tomorrow should be many dry. Sunday also looking mainly dry so its not all bad news.

A photo I got this morning from nearby the site:

DJI_0385.jpg

I'll post some more images later.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

MJohnston wrote: »
    Ah sure, Laois is midlands, not South ;)
    Tis the middle East!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Jaysis lads. It's a bit fecking cold this morning. Gonna be packing the thermals. Bbbbrrrrr

• Advertisement

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Jaysis lads. It's a bit fecking cold this morning. Gonna be packing the thermals. Bbbbrrrrr
    Got word to do likewise from some of my buddies setting up down there yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

half day in work...then all those girl bits have to be done...il be cracking the first can open this evening...one more sleep lads and lasses.....:):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 patrickb

Anyone else dosed to the eyeballs? :(

patrickb wrote: »
    Anyone else dosed to the eyeballs? :(
    Ah jaysus, bad luck there. I had a dose the year of Hurricane-Massive Attack.
    >The clean Bog air of Stradbally & a clatter of cider will cure what ails ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Vitally important qs...for bringing in spirit bti the campsite...is there a limit? Can I just bring say gin ir vodka in a big plastic bottle no issues? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Correct.

A quick video I did this morning near the event

https://www.facebook.com/CarlowWeather/videos/1068435699899007/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

For anyone that has stayed in the pink moon glamping before - can you tell me whether the 2 man tents fit a double airbed

Thanks!

just about i'd say but there'd be bugger all floor space left which would mean your gear right up against the tent wall, that could be a problem if it piddles down.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Don't forget the zip lock bags to sneak your spirits into the arena. Oh and don't forget to double bag, always double bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Villain wrote: »

Nice drone footage!!
    Jeazz never realised how big pink moon was has it expanded on last year? The tent layout with equal spacing and straight lines really appeals to my OCD side.

Snarky Snark Snark

think it's about the same, it's hard to gauge how big it is from the ground with everything level i think.

There's defo less 2 man tents than when i started using them, mostly seem to be of the bigger sizes now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Have absolutely nothing done.

I work for myself so have f**king tonnes to do today 'cause of the 2 days I won't be in.

Have to buy some rain gear and a rucksack.

Have to buy drink.

Haven't listened to as many bands as I would have liked.

That said, I can't wait to be sitting outside my tent with first can of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

just about i'd say but there'd be bugger all floor space left which would mean your gear right up against the tent wall, that could be a problem if it piddles down.

I fitted a double inflatable bed relatively easliy in a two man tent. Also, I had no problems with dampness on the two man tent wall whereas the year i spent in a two man tipi, i had awful hassle with dampness...

Villain/MJohnston - ur opinion of the current 5 day forecast on met.ie please?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mebeme

Villain, you are an absolute champ, thanks for all the updates, any chance of a Saturday AM update so I can plan my day around the rain?!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

What's the verdict on how best to manage your phone/keys/wallet etc. when in the arena - trendy fannypack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Thanks for the updates Villain, amazing footage!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

What's the verdict on how best to manage your phone/keys/wallet etc. when in the arena - trendy fannypack?

trendy fannypack = oxymoron

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Sorry back to the subject of trolleys.Daughter heading down and shes 5 foot nothing with a **** load of stuff ,where can i get those foldable fishingvtrolleys ,argos sold out .Also does anyone know if the concierge from just eat .ie will be down at carpark ? Just cant see her pulling a trolley even the size of her .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

MJohnston wrote: »
    Way too late for this probably but we have a bottle that self warms using some salt based chemical reaction in a separate compartment. Single use only which is a pain though.

We are just going to bring those Aptimil pre-maid bottles with us, as our baby doesn't seem to mind drinking room temperature milk.

I think if you wanted to heat some milk though, buy one of those Tommee Tippee Thermos type things, get it filled with boiling water at one of the food/coffee stalls that should be happy to oblige. Same goes for formula, then you just have to wait for it to cool down a bit!

Would people bring kids that young to EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Depends how much you want to take with you but I booked a locker in the campsite.

Mebeme wrote: »
    Villain, you are an absolute champ, thanks for all the updates, any chance of a Saturday AM update so I can plan my day around the rain?!

At present it looks dry up to about 10am or 11am but too far out to call it with that kind of accuracy yet, this evenings chart will give me a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

snowbabe wrote: »
    Sorry back to the subject of trolleys.Daughter heading down and shes 5 foot nothing with a **** load of stuff ,where can i get those foldable fishingvtrolleys ,argos sold out .Also does anyone know if the concierge from just eat .ie will be down at carpark ? Just cant see her pulling a trolley even the size of her .

I don't think they will be in the carpark, they are usually at the entrance just after the ticket/wristband exchange.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

snowbabe wrote: »

Try downsize a bit better any festival ive been too i overpacked at first

Snarky Snark Snark

bigpink wrote: »
    Would people bring kids that young to EP?

You see people wandering round B&S at silly o'clock with kiddies who should have been in bed long long ago...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Villain wrote: »

Nice drone footage!!
    Jeazz never realised how big pink moon was has it expanded on last year? The tent layout with equal spacing and straight lines really appeals to my OCD side.
    I got an email from cloudhouses saying they were given more space this year. I think they moved some of the huts previously in Boutique to pink moon and gave more space to yurts etc in Boutique.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement