Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Villain wrote: »
    At present it looks dry up to about 10am or 11am but too far out to call it with that kind of accuracy yet, this evenings chart will give me a better idea.

any chance you can bring a board down and do an onsite forecast saturday around lunchtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Turns out Villain was the Hero all along....badumcccchhhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

bigpink wrote: »
    Try downsize a bit better any festival ive been too i overpacked at first

Think she's done this already ,tent,kitbag,chair,mat,sleeping bag and then her drink!definately needs a trolley.She'll be keeping an eye out for a young strapping country lad to give her a hand I'd say :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

You see people wandering round B&S at silly o'clock with kiddies who should have been in bed long long ago...

Child protection would have a few cases i say if they were there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

snowbabe wrote: »
    Think she's done this already ,tent,kitbag,chair,mat,sleeping bag and then her drink!definately needs a trolley.She'll be keeping an eye out for a young strapping country lad to give her a hand I'd say :)
    Do the scouts or charties do any porter service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Is she driving?

If so, hate to say it but the simplest thing she can do is two trips,
    trip 1 - tent/sleeping bag type thing, head in get the wrist band etc...
    trip 2 - go back for the heavier items so that she can breeze through the already checked in queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

JoeyD wrote: »
    What's the verdict on how best to manage your phone/keys/wallet etc. when in the arena - trendy fannypack?

Your pockets...?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

You see people wandering round B&S at silly o'clock with kiddies who should have been in bed long long ago...
    Ah sure, no harm having the kiddies there but peg Fuinneog & Sneatcha into bed with their organic treats before dark I say..

Couldn't be arsed taking mine with me, too much of a compromise for everyone.

Sure you'd never have seen that sort of thing at Feile!!!
    Actually, no i did see a few fellas absolutely lamped with their kids outside Semple Stadium one year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

tickets back on sale on ticketmaster yet again. plenty of early birds on toutless too.

Snarky Snark Snark

room_149 wrote: »
    Ah sure, no harm having the kiddies there

No, no harm but toddlers and younger in B&S at 2AM is ****ing nuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Is there a B&Q near you?

This would sort her out

http://www.diy.com/departments/mac-allister-upright-hand-truck-max-weight-200kg/312036_BQ.prd?icamp=recs&ecamp=Aff-78888&awc=483_1472721593_a1354b622d09e64bddb1c5c913bebe98

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have to laugh at the clowns still looking €300 for a ticket on adverts, when there's probably close to 100 unsold tickets at €240 or less.

Would be great if they did ,alot of money to be earned for the charities ,im sure shes not the only one who won't be able to manage

Would be great if they did ,alot of money to be earned for the charities ,im sure shes not the only one who won't be able to manage

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

Did a mix again this year for anyone looking for some pre-Picnic listening, feel free to share around if you're into it :)

https://www.mixcloud.com/WobbieCostelloe/episode-31-packin-for-a-picnic-2016/
    Forgot tracklist!

There'll be a download link later on too on there for anyone wanting it for the car or whatever

Toots & The Maytals - 54-46 (That's My Number) 7"
    Nas - No Ideas
    Krafty Kuts & Dr. Luke - Come Alive
    Mr. Scruff & Alice Russell - Music Takes Me Up
    Tamiko Jones - Let It Flow (Horse Meat Disco)
    Get Down Edits - Hang On
    Get Down Edits - Too Much
    John Talabot - Sunshine (Original Mix)
    Mr. Scruff - We Are Coming (Max Graef Remix)
    Colm K - Good Fridays
    New Jackson - Player Piano
    Roots Manuva - Dreamy Days (Super Furry Animals Dub)
    LCD Soundsystem - Too Much Love
    Todd Terje - Swing Star Pt 2
    LCD Soundsystem - Disco Infiltrator
    Hercules & Love Affair - Blind (Frankie Knuckles Vocal)
    Mr Scruff - Get A Move On

Downloadable link for the mix if anyone wants it for the car or whatever

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ZsR1oQR-NIdFFKR3ZCdGxwdnc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Few more photos from this morning:
    DJI_0393-1.jpg

DJI_0413-2.jpg

DJI_0412.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

peteeeed wrote: »
    any chance you can bring a board down and do an onsite forecast saturday around lunchtime?

I'll be streaming some live on my Facebook Page from the site :D

There is but with 5 of them in car this wouldnt fit and they probably all need one :) Thanks Arne

Is she driving?

If so, hate to say it but the simplest thing she can do is two trips,
    trip 1 - tent/sleeping bag type thing, head in get the wrist band etc...
    trip 2 - go back for the heavier items so that she can breeze through the already checked in queue.

Yes she is ,its looking like this will be the solution,they have a gazebo and 2 tents so alot of stuff ,I'll go through her stuff later with her andvtry cut it down a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

using the office label maker to make "VODKA!!" stickers for bottles that look like water counts as "working" today, right?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

There is but with 5 of them in car this wouldnt fit and they probably all need one :) Thanks Arne

5 of them?

Multiple trips best approach, that way they don't kill themselves doing it all at once.

porters-passing-on-everest-basecamp-trail-expedition-porters-and-picture-id148696997?k=6&m=148696997&s=170667a&w=0&h=6YYcljvd_BZvv1tLwX_gkp2BYKiop9HhRclp8xzAhrI=

(seriously, it amazes me each year just how much stuff people bring in for the weekend).

5 of them?

Multiple trips best approach, that way they don't kill themselves doing it all at once.

porters-passing-on-everest-basecamp-trail-expedition-porters-and-picture-id148696997?k=6&m=148696997&s=170667a&w=0&h=6YYcljvd_BZvv1tLwX_gkp2BYKiop9HhRclp8xzAhrI=

(seriously, it amazes me each year just how much stuff people bring in for the weekend).

This is it exactly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

JoeyD wrote: »
    What's the verdict on how best to manage your phone/keys/wallet etc. when in the arena - trendy fannypack?

I find my girlfriends handbag is the best option. Won't give her the cash though... asking for trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Any vapers here? First time going as a vaper (haven't been since 2010), 30ml dropper bottles allowed into the arena yay or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

He's probably thinking the same thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Friday

16:00 Brooka Brass
    18:00 These Charming Men
    17:30 Broken Social Scene
    21:00 Todd Terje
    22:45 Super Furry Animals
    00:00 Flexfab
    01:30 Mothxr
    02:30 Salty Dog NoStars play Bowie

Saturday
    17:15 Whitney
    18:15 Glass Animals
    20:15 Dylan Moran
    21:00 The Avett Bros
    22:30 The Shins
    23:15 DBFC
    00:05 LCD SoundSystem
    02:00 R.S.A.G
    02:45 Le Galaxie Soundsystem

Sunday
    15:15 Meilyr Jones
    16:00 Local Natives
    18:30 Savages
    19:45 Animal Collective
    20:45 New Order
    22:45 Phosphorescent
    00:00 Ezra Furman
    02:45 Overhead, The Albatross

Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Friday

16:00 Brooka Brass
    18:00 These Charming Men
    17:30 Broken Social Scene
    21:00 Todd Terje
    22:45 Super Furry Animals
    00:00 Flexfab
    01:30 Mothxr
    02:30 Salty Dog NoStars play Bowie

Saturday
    17:15 Whitney
    18:15 Glass Animals
    20:15 Dylan Moran
    21:00 The Avett Bros
    22:30 The Shins
    23:15 DBFC
    00:05 LCD SoundSystem
    02:00 R.S.A.G
    02:45 Le Galaxie Soundsystem

Sunday
    15:15 Meilyr Jones
    16:00 Local Natives
    18:30 Savages
    19:45 Animal Collective
    20:45 New Order
    22:45 Phosphorescent
    00:00 Ezra Furman
    02:45 Overhead, The Albatross

Sorted.
    Very very similar to mine. But you're skipping ABC? They've been doing The Lexicon of Love on their tour, not one to miss. Have a great weekend, have enjoyed your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Sorry back to the subject of trolleys.Daughter heading down and shes 5 foot nothing with a **** load of stuff ,where can i get those foldable fishingvtrolleys ,argos sold out .Also does anyone know if the concierge from just eat .ie will be down at carpark ? Just cant see her pulling a trolley even the size of her .

Good to castormart in ballymount. Trolleys with pneumatic tyres. Duct tape also essential

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pudz21

snowbabe wrote:
    Yes she is ,its looking like this will be the solution,they have a gazebo and 2 tents so alot of stuff ,I'll go through her stuff later with her andvtry cut it down a bit more

There will be loads of lads to give them a hand im sure. They will be fine.
    I will if i see them, sleeping in the car so i will only have myself to carry in.......mmmmm well maybe that wont be an option depending on consumtion of alcohol!!!!
    Best of luck!!!!

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

lads/lasses, Super furry animals, anyone seen them live? Not mad gone on chems and looking for an alternative, would ye recommend or not?

(hard to tell what a band is like live from the albums)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement