Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Very very similar to mine. But you're skipping ABC? They've been doing The Lexicon of Love on their tour, not one to miss. Have a great weekend, have enjoyed your posts.

Yeah i've got mates arriving at around that time and the plan is to meet at the Salty Dog. So i'm gonna bring the camping chair and a few cans down and a have a bit of a sit before the madness begins!

Enjoy your weekend man, i'll probably bump into you unwittingly at some point :P

lads/lasses, Super furry animals, anyone seen them live? Not mad gone on chems and looking for an alternative, would ye recommend or not?

(hard to tell what a band is like live from the albums)

Yeah if their thing is your type of thing then definitely.

Check out their setlists to see if you'd be into them i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

lads/lasses, Super furry animals, anyone seen them live? Not mad gone on chems and looking for an alternative, would ye recommend or not?

Go and see them, well worth it.
    I've caught them live a few times over the years- the first being at Reading in 1997 (I think) Was mad out of it on micro-dots and recall thinking that Gruff Rhys and the lads were singing in Chinese!!! (That was some drive home after that weekend- the fkn horrors!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Reliably great. Finale with them in animal costumes doing The Man Don't Give a Fu*k is always a highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

bd2012 wrote: »
    Any vapers here? First time going as a vaper (haven't been since 2010), 30ml dropper bottles allowed into the arena yay or nay?

I brought some in last year and the year before with no issues whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Can't recommend enough, going to be one of the best of the weekend, such an under rated band. And they are fantastic live, give it socks. Can't wait to see them, going to there Olympia gig in November too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Reliably great. Finale with them in animal costumes doing The Man Don't Give a Fu*k is always a highlight.

that song is an absolute cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

I brought some in last year and the year before with no issues whatsoever

Excellent, thanks a million. Will bring a couple of unicorn bottles just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lynchy

Those photos have made me very excited. Still have so much work to do and get to Dundrum later for last bits of gear.

Does anyone have the link to the Heineken offie, Do you know if it's too late to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

This is what it feels like to be a child at christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Latest from accuweather is great!

Friday: Clouds and sun!

Saturday: rain is going to taper off from around lunchtime on Saturday.

Sunday: Sun with a slight chance of a small shower.

Let that forecast stick please!!!!

The weather forecast has been real 'edge of your seat' stuff this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

No, no harm but toddlers and younger in B&S at 2AM is ****ing nuts

Ah quiet, they're not your kids, and besides, parents of newborns are up till 4am far more often than most other people, trust me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

This is what it feels like to be a child at christmas
    Its time to Stick a song in everyone's head.

"It's beginning to look a lot like Picnic, everywhere you Go"

MJohnston wrote: »
    Ah quiet, they're not your kids, and besides, parents of newborns are up till 4am far more often than most other people, trust me ;)
    Yeah but I doubt anyone here was lamped on booze and yokes when their kids woke them up roaring at 4am at home? Fuinneog, Sneatcha & baby Uachtar Reoite dont need to see that sihte till college!! Put the kids in bed before 12 goys
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

I'm still predicting no rain for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Anyone know where to pick up some ponchos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

do the pink moon showers be open during afternoon/evening on the friday too?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Latest GFS chart is nice downgrade of rain for Saturday with anything heavy clearing by 2pm or 3pm. We'll get high resolution charts in a while but if this GFS run is accurate it is a move in the right direction!!

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Anyone know where to pick up some ponchos?

2 for €1.50 in Dealz during the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

srm23 wrote: »
    do the pink moon showers be open during afternoon/evening on the friday too?

should be, wtf are you planning that you need a shower that early?

2 for €1.50 in Dealz during the week

Was just about to say the same - got these yesterday.

Some of the questions now are starting to veer in this direction ..

54142232.jpg

So i'm assuming Le Galaxie Soundsystem will be Le Galaxie with James Murphy & Co thrown into the mix?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Dealz was a treasure trove for stuff yesterday. Got a fisherman's hat for if it rains, 4 ponchos, 2 water pouches for drink and a light, foldable backpack for brining cans to the Salty Dog etc - all for €7.50.

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    Dealz was a treasure trove for stuff yesterday. Got a fisherman's hat for if it rains, 4 ponchos, 2 water pouches for drink and a light, foldable backpack for brining cans to the Salty Dog etc - all for €7.50.

Did you go for the female urinal for 1.49??

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

peteeeed wrote: »
    any chance you can bring a board down and do an onsite forecast saturday around lunchtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

I am reminded of B&S , maybe 4/5 years ago. There had been some rain-nothing significant, but some. Then on saturday afternoon, the blackness appeared on the horizon. We went back to our tent and wondered what to do. There was going to be a deluge. We sat there for about an hour and a half and watched the biggest blackest cloud you could image pass across the horizon and miss ballinlough by what can only have been a kilometre or three... the sun came back out and stayed for the rest of the weekend! #EP16

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

MIRMIR82 wrote: »

literally never ever gets old :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

No, no harm but toddlers and younger in B&S at 2AM is ****ing nuts

I had my four year old down at the rave in the woods last year. I let him ramble off for a couple of hours to do his own thing. He's very independent. But I always, ALWAYS, make sure his phone is fully charged.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement