Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Aren't all these bands been thrown out here not very electric, think we need to remind ourselves what the electric picnic was and hopefully will be again, it's all going a bit lighters in the air here.

electric_picnic_2005.jpg?itok=mjBrmPRw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Aren't all these bands been thrown out here not very electric, think we need to remind ourselves what the electric picnic was and hopefully will be again, it's all going a bit lighters in the air here.

It's all about bums on seats and selling enough tickets to keep an event viable

that's it. Good acts are still there though.

kthxbai

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Musical snobbery :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

electric_picnic_2005.jpg?itok=mjBrmPRw

Mr Monkey, it wouldn't be a shock to see any of those bands show up in the future, they'd still fit right in. Although if damien dempsey and fatboy slim were booked again i'd sell my ticket.

The issue is that that was when the festival landscape was just oxegen and nothing else , that was the picnics first year as weekend festival.

Now you have forbidden fruit, longitude, body and soul castlepalooza all competing more or less battling over the same style acts with life poaching and lot of good electronic acts that would have made the other bills.
    Its meant that the picnic has become a more mainstream variance of its former self and if it ever wanted to go back it would probably mean a good few of the other festivals dieing a death.

The other things is by default picnic style bands have become more mainstream what with the resurgence of dance music, all those dance/rock hipster bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Strokes announced their first date of 2016 over in America in June. Would love to see them finally play a gig over since, pretty sure the last time was Oxegen 2011?

Was thinking the same thing. A ticket will certainly be bought if they're announced :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

The EP rumour mill/wish list will never be the same again! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Strokes announced their first date of 2016 over in America in June. Would love to see them finally play a gig over since, pretty sure the last time was Oxegen 2011?

I think so, in lashing rain on one of the smaller stages I think?

Saw them in Hyde Park last year and they've still got it, would love to see them at picnic.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

maximoose wrote: »
    I think so, in lashing rain on one of the smaller stages I think?

Saw them in Hyde Park last year and they've still got it, would love to see them at picnic.

Yea they played before Swedish House Mafia:rolleyes::rolleyes: on the 2nd stage.

I went home after The Strokes

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

sadie06 wrote: »

Came to this thread for the first time in months to see if anyone had mentioned it. Perfectly put.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Have day tickets gone on sale yet or have they already sold out does anyone know? Can't see them on ticketmaster. A friend of mine can't go for the full weekend and was wondering if they've sold out or what the story is, I remember they sold out very early last year..

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Have day tickets gone on sale yet or have they already sold out does anyone know? Can't see them on ticketmaster. A friend of mine can't go for the full weekend and was wondering if they've sold out or what the story is, I remember they sold out very early last year..

According to the website, Spring 2016 is when the day tickets go on sale, i'd imagine around the same time as the initial announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

It was last December when the acts were announced for 2015. Can we read anything in to the lack of announcements?

Snarky Snark Snark

BOHtox wrote: »
    It was last December when the acts were announced for 2015. Can we read anything in to the lack of announcements?

Well, we could surmise from it that we don't know who will be headlining?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

They could be doing a big bang announcement like Coachella does. There is a nice bit of maturity and confidence doing it that way I feel.
    Gives confidence the bookers are doing their job rather than booking adhoc for 9 months of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

BOHtox wrote: »

It was only about 4 or 5 acts announced in December 2014 for last year - War on Drugs, George Ezra, Roisin Murphy and Belle & Sebastian iir.

EP said they wouldn't be announcing anything until "spring" on their Facebook when asked by some fans so I'd expect March or April would be more likely.

Announcing as early as December was the exception rather than the norm for Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Mr.S wrote: »
    All systems go in camp EP, so wouldn't worry about the lack of announcements. Media launch is (apparently) happening late March.
    Not believing a word from you after last year's extra announcement debacle. The scars are deep. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I think its a load of b*llox - a lot of people have their tickets since Sept and it would be nice to have a few acts to talk about, to get into the spirit of it.. as it were.

If they have them booked, spill the beans ya mongrels!

Snarky Snark Snark

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Not believing a word from you after last year's extra announcement debacle. The scars are deep. :pac:

Which one was that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

everlast75 wrote: »
    I think its a load of b*llox - a lot of people have their tickets since Sept and it would be nice to have a few acts to talk about, to get into the spirit of it.. as it were.

If they have them booked, spill the beans ya mongrels!

Yeah, wasn't it reported back in October that half the tickets had already sold out. They know us regular EP goers will book tickets despite not knowing who will be performing.

Snarky Snark Snark

Yeah, wasn't it reported back in October that half the tickets had already sold out. They know us regular EP goers will book tickets despite not knowing who will be performing.

Really? Missed that one i did, quite impressive if that's the case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Pretty annoying they didn't give us even a hint so far. I hate booking my ticket so early but they should give us a little something something for doing so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

sadie06 wrote: »

sorry... i'm out of the loop here! what do you mean by that? and why did it get so many thanks?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

sorry... i'm out of the loop here! what do you mean by that? and why did it get so many thanks?!

Daft punk died.

(rip Bowie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

More importantly, where is bodhrandude?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

UsedToWait wrote:
    More importantly, where is bodhrandude?

Stalking aphex twin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Right here dudes, just back from two weeks in Andalusia in the South of Spain. I'm just waiting it out till March, but I'm still looking at music news and tours starting up over the next few months.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

EP Twitter account:

#EP2016 early bird ticket offer ends this Sunday at midnight. Tickets will then go on sale for €229.50. First names announced mid-February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I thought they ended 31st October

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Synode wrote: »
    I thought they ended 31st October

That was the loyalty scheme. They are really stuffing it to us this year with the tickets. Week before payday to up the price. Like who has the money the week before in January.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Thinking about it, the loyalty price of €165 is an absolute bargain for what you get

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement