Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Effects wrote: »
    i'm 100% with you.

it'd be like someone saying "I'm going to the Forbidden Fruit"

No. It's not.
    Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Speaking of cold cans, is the shop in Jimi Hendrix the only place to buy ice?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lynchy

Folks, I thought i had my sleeping bag but it's now on the missing list. Could anyone recommend a shop for last minute sleeping bag purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

LimboSlice wrote: »
    Work in a lab, got it for nothing, sure why not?

I put some bottles on dry ice last year while driving home from work. One of them froze, expanded and burst after about ten minutes!

I just go with ice packs in a poly box to keep gin and tonics cool. Lasts a couple of days. I've no issues bringing my booze into the main arena luckily so will mostly be avoiding the bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

ok, I'll bite, why, seriously, why?

Work in a lab, got it for nothing, sure why not?

I love this thread, salt to lower the freezing point of water for your cans, dry ice!!! Science mixed with festival.

Yes please do!! Let us know what act you plan to release it at. Slightly breezy this weekend so outdoors won't work. Security will prob freak out and think it's a fire!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

JoeyD wrote: »

Think there was an ice shack

There might be a problem with the dry ice due to it being CO2 and the build up in a tent/confined area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 festivalwife

Am I the only one here who is reeeeeeeeeeeeally looking forward to the inflatable church??? One of my best memories from my first EP (2013)... Hope the same guys run it this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

declanleo wrote: »
    JoeyD wrote: »

Think there was an ice shack

it's in the ice district!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 LimboSlice

Effects wrote: »
    There might be a problem with the dry ice due to it being CO2 and the build up in a tent/confined area?

Plan on only bringing a small bit in at a time, and keeping it slightly outside tent. Hopefully they wont notice it in it's container!

You guys can expect a smoke effect in Wilde from about 12 tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Plan on only bringing a small bit in at a time, and keeping it slightly outside tent. Hopefully they wont notice it in it's container!

You guys can expect a smoke effect in Wilde from about 12 tomorrow

Hello

Have you been to EP before?

Wilde is like a less evolved version of downtown Mogadishu on a saturday night.

How are we supposed to separate which is your smoke effect from the dozens of mad max like funeral pyres and the local drama club re-enacting the battle of the somme (complete with replica trenches )

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ciaramkm

First time going to Electric Picnic..roughly how long would it take to walk from car park to Jimmy Hendrix campsite would anyone know:wassat:??

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Am I the only one here who is reeeeeeeeeeeeally looking forward to the inflatable church??? One of my best memories from my first EP (2013)... Hope the same guys run it this year!!

Inflatable church is gone, wasn't there last year anyway...

mimimcmc wrote: »

Back this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

mimimcmc wrote: »

It's back this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Hello

How are we supposed separate which is your smoke effect from the dozens of mad max like funeral pyres and the local drama club re-enacting the battle of the somme (complete with replica trenches )

Wilde is genreally chilled i thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Back this year

Oh, my bad :o

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

ciaramkm wrote: »
    First time going to Electric Picnic..roughly how long would it take to walk from car park to Jimmy Hendrix campsite would anyone know:wassat:??
    well that will firstly depend on which car park. It could be walked in 10 minutes, but depending on queues, searches, how much you're carrying, bad timing etc... you can be on the move for over an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Depends on where you're parked. If you're in the Red car park about 10-15mins, longer if you're in the Green Car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Can u bring ur own bogroll into the campsite and main arena or will security take it off me ?
    I've piles (which will be flaring up bigtime from all the beer) so I can only use really soft jacks paper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 LimboSlice

Hello

How are we supposed separate which is your smoke effect from the dozens of mad max like funeral pyres and the local drama club re-enacting the battle of the somme (complete with replica trenches )

I have, and you're quite right. I'll bring some to Daft As Punk meet-up... 2:30am, copious amounts of alcohol, what could go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Hello

Wilde is grand. Hendrix on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Can u bring ur own bogroll into the campsite and main arena or will security take it off me ?
    I've piles (which will be flaring up bigtime from all the beer) so I can only use really soft jacks paper

Thank you for your honesty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Ehh, assuming you're not taking the piss, there's no problem with bringing in as much soft bog roll as your heart desires.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Security will nab them. They hand them out for free at the Andrex installation in the main arena though.

Depends which car park you end up in, how much stuff you're carrying + there will be queues for security and wrist band exchange.

Have a look at this;
    https://twitter.com/EpCountdown/status/769656273553989632

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ciaramkm

rocks1981 wrote: »
    well that will firstly depend on which car park. It could be walked in 10 minutes, but depending on queues, searches, how much you're carrying, bad timing etc... you can be on the move for over an hour.
    Think it's the red car park we're going to..aiming to be there early around 10/11am.. Brilliant thanks..def going to be a walk slow with all the stuff I'll be carrying ;)

45 minutes

You'll need a note from your mum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Torontohound

Stalked this thread for the past few weeks and only remembered my password now.

Staying Boutique because I'm just not tough enough for the mean streets of the other campsites, not sure where my limo driving is staying but that is not my problem .

Thanks to all for making this thread so helpful over the last few days, esp Villian for the weather updates. Everyone enjoy and if you see a stately looking gent in a fur coat wandering around the main arena return him to Boutique as I'm clearly lost.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement