Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Not long to go folks!! Getting excited :)

Did anyone take the bus down there last year? Just wondering how long it will take roughly... working in the morning (sob!) so won't get to the buses until 2pm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It's bucketing down here now (Bray), bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

If I put the same amount of planning, organisation and preperation That I do for electric picnic in all aspects of my life I think I'd be a hell of lot better off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

It's bucketing down here now (Bray), bollocks.

Still dry here 5 miles from Stradbally, keep the faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

First time going tomorrow with a load of EP veterans. Staying in jimi hendrix. Is it the atmosphere much different to oxegen ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

First time going tomorrow with a load of EP veterans. Staying in jimi hendrix. Is it the atmosphere much different to oxegen ?
    I would describe the atmosphere in certain parts of the Hendrix Site as being 'Oxegn-esque' anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hendrix will be exactly like Oxegen....

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »

Pff what do they know

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Fecked up my Pink Moon camping deposit payment & somehow slipped my attention until this morning :-/ Oh well slumming it in Oscar Wilde it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

threein99 wrote: »
    The will ask for proof of said piles :)

You only need the print out of the confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Hendrix is fine - I've camped at Joplin, Wilde and Hendrix.
    And I prefer Hendrix. A lot of people have a bias as to where they stay, but its all personal preference, but some will say the other areas are crap or full of scum. It really doesn't make a difference in the end. And if you're with a group - you'll be happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

It all depends on your neighbours and what it is you're looking for yourself.

Some will camp near people who'll sing all night and hate it, while the crowd next to you might love it and join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Just check yr weather for sat night Sunday morning and it looks horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just check yr weather for sat night Sunday morning and it looks horrific.
    giphy.gif

La La La La La La.... not listening!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »

Ah that's lovely, but then Nuala is always lovely

the rain can feck off though

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

SantryRed wrote: »
    Hendrix will be exactly like Oxegen....

Ah jaysus. It's hardly as rough as oxegen was during its last three years ? As long as me tent isn't ransacked and there aren't killings left right and center I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Wooderson

eTt1NTz.jpg

97AhtMi.png

Ah jaysus. It's hardly as rough as oxegen was during its last three years ? As long as me tent isn't ransacked and there aren't killings left right and center I'm happy.

Ah I'm joking really! Hendrix is just probably the youngest of the five camps. I've spent a bit of time in there with friends and have had no issues. I usually stay in Wilde. But you've people in here saying Wilde's the worst and I'd never agree!

So really it's what you make it of it yourself, and if you're going with EP veterans you'll be fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Automated online forecasts should always be taken with a pinch of salt, usually based on one model run without an human intervention.

We'll have the latest high resolution models shortly, the Harmonie model run which goes as far as midday Saturday so far wasn't great but we'll have more info soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Fcucking hell that's a lot of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gooberish

Would anyone have a Google maps pin drop of the entrance to the green car park. Pretty please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Soz to mods if that pic breaches a rule. 30mm+ of rain in a couple hours is a mess however. I remember place cutting up pretty bad in '08 ( I think?) - this would be way worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Got the capri sun's in a little shop in cabra near my yard. Whoop whoop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

heavy rain sat night would make the post close of main stage debauchery around the arena a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Wooderson wrote: »
    Soz to mods if that pic breaches a rule. 30mm+ of rain in a couple hours is a mess however. I remember place cutting up pretty bad in '08 ( I think?) - this would be way worse.

Twas pretty slippy..

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Usually stay in Joplin: never had a sniff of trouble and while the walk's a bit longer it's always 'interesting'.

Have to agree re joplin, always strikes me as an older crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

no chance there'll be 30mm of rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Penguin14

Quick question..where do you have to show your ticket first?? Friends who have my ticket will be in there before me and are planning on coming out with the ticket to me. Will this work alright!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement