Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Which of the bus companies (BE, Marathon, Kavanagh's) is likely to involve the least queuing to get on a bus would you imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

gooberish wrote: »
    Would anyone have a Google maps pin drop of the entrance to the green car park. Pretty please

Green is a bit of a strange one as it's so spread out and seems to change from year to year.

I reckon it's in or around here:
    Dropped Pin

https://goo.gl/maps/W3RVgkBNaFE2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I just picked up a portable charger from someone on adverts.ie in Drumcondra.

No affiliation to them whatsoever but 22 quid and it's apparently 50000 mAh. Its certainly one from alieexpress but will get me through the weekend.

Solar charger is they key in adverts but won't post a link in case it's frowned upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Arriving late Friday so aiming for the small Chaplin site just to the right of the wrist band exchange. Anyone stayed there?

Stayed there last year and opting for it again this year. Its only minutes further than Oscar Wilde without all the shenanigans. Not as far to carry stuff and want to be strategically close enough to the toilets but not too close for the inevitable early morning dash. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Trying my hardest not to giggle at that...people in glass houses an all :)

• Advertisement

Penguin14 wrote: »
    Quick question..where do you have to show your ticket first?? Friends who have my ticket will be in there before me and are planning on coming out with the ticket to me. Will this work alright!?

This will work but allot of hassle if your friend isn't 100% dedicated in getting to you, you may end up waiting for quite a while.
    If it were me personally I'd be going to all lengths to get the ticket today or beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Penguin14 wrote: »
    Quick question..where do you have to show your ticket first?? Friends who have my ticket will be in there before me and are planning on coming out with the ticket to me. Will this work alright!?

Yes. Yoi swap tickets for wristbands at one of the entrances. They can come out and in when they have their wristbands. Just make sure they know which entrance you're at. or which carpark you came from

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Fatfrog wrote: »
    This will work but allot of hassle if your friend isn't 100% dedicated in getting to you, you may end up waiting for quite a while.
    If it were me personally I'd be going to all lengths to get the ticket today or beforehand.

+1

It's a pain in the arse doing it tomorrow for all involved.
    Get them to leave it somewhere a shop or something in a envelope you can pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

God my heart, had a sense of dread as I played that - "Oh sh1t please don't be me"

.... wasn't thank god!!

:pac::pac:

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Stayed there last year and opting for it again this year. Its only minutes further than Oscar Wilde without all the shenanigans. Not as far to carry stuff and want to be strategically close enough to the toilets but not too close for the inevitable early morning dash. Lol

Nice one!!

• Advertisement

rosser44 wrote: »
    God my heart, had a sense of dread as I played that - "Oh sh1t please don't be me"

.... wasn't thank god!!

:pac::pac:

Its OK theres no need to be embarrassed, this is clearly a case of a temporary shift in the earth's tilt axis, the other people were hammered that's why they stayed upright.

So are we attempting to try another Boardsie meet up this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gooberish

Cheers for the reply , but that link isnt working can you send it again really want to sort my travel from dublin as im leaving a bit later than i expected , cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Mince Pie wrote: »
    So are we attempting to try another Boardsie meet up this year?

There was talk of silly o'clock st the daft as punk thingy

There was talk of silly o'clock st the daft as punk thingy

Chances of me remembering a meet up that late when I'm gillespied is pretty damn low.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

Thanks for that too.
    Husband really wants to stay here.
    Its the walk IN with all the gear thats really putting me off.

Yep, it's a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Hi all, really sorry if this has been answered already 😬

What campsite would you suggest my friends and I set up in, all 35ish, enjoy sitting around having our tins and smokes and really not interested in having any undesirable visitors. Also we don't want to have to walk miles to the arena or when dragging out crap in.

Thanks in advance boardies.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

Been a lurker on this for last year and this years EP. Just wanna say thanks for all the build up, excitement, info and recommendations!

Have an unreal picnic everybody, don't stop smiling!

... even if it rains!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Just on my way down the campervan lane (ground here is nice and dry by the way!) and thought I'd warn that there's roadworks on the M7 Naas, so beware of that when travelling tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Cavan Bear

Weepsie wrote: »
    I just picked up a portable charger from someone on adverts.ie in Drumcondra.

No affiliation to them whatsoever but 22 quid and it's apparently 50000 mAh. Its certainly one from alieexpress but will get me through the weekend.

Solar charger is they key in adverts but won't post a link in case it's frowned upon.

I got one in Penneys last year it is only 1000 mah but it is deadly will give about two and a half full charges. It was only 9 euro.
    Now a question that possibly has been answered on here but I am getting different info outside of here. I apologize if I am duplicating.
    I have read through the thread re driving directions to the different parking areas. It looks like the yellow car park would really suit me and I have seen the directions on here. However It has been said to me that you can only drop people off at the green car park. I am not attending the festival so I just want to drop people off near the Jimi Hendrix camping area. Just wondering would I be allowed to drop someone off there. Thanks to everyone on here,your information is amazing. It looks like the Hendrix area is the most suitable for the twenty year olds that I am dropping off. Hope you all have a blast and again thanks so much for all the information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

Does anyone know if you can bring spirits into the campsite? I have a 1 litre plastic bottle of Vodka I was hoping to bring in! The EP site says only Sealed Plastic Water/Soft Drink Bottles Under 500ml but doesn't mention spirits.

Thanks for any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Just rolled in in the campervan with caravan ticket. Wasn't even asked about it.

No need for a panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Cavan Bear wrote:
    I got one in Penneys last year it is only 1000 mah but it is deadly will give

Head for family camping and keep going. Go as far as they let you. Probably yellow car park. That will be behind hendrix

• Registered Users Posts: 42 LimboSlice

hernie wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can bring spirits into the campsite? I have a 1 litre plastic bottle of Vodka I was hoping to bring in! The EP site says only Sealed Plastic Water/Soft Drink Bottles Under 500ml but doesn't mention spirits.

Thanks for any info.

The EP Site is what you're allowed into the Main Arena,
    You're allowed spirits/any drink into the campsite

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

hernie wrote: »

Thanks for any info.

Pretty sure that limit is for into the general arena, not the camp sites

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Jesus the excitement is hitting me intensely now. This thread has been a rollercoaster, from speculation of acts, reaction to the line up, recommendations of some great music, the usual tips and build up and of course the weather.. I doubt I am alone in eagerly anticipating Villains final update tonight! Can definitely say this thread over the year has been a great place to chat about Picnic and build the excitement as it has gotten closer. I actually hate this part as for the next 18 hours or so I will not be able to think about anything else and I just get too excited. Hope everyone has a cracking weekend! Will post up my final list of acts I hope to catch when I'm tucking myself into bed later.

Car is packed! Few last minute bits to do in the morning and we're good to go!!! This is the most organised I've ever been considering I'm not organised at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Two of the lads can't make it til late Friday night. What is the latest they can enter and get a wristband? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Most of the heavy showers have cleared eastwards now, there will be some light drizzle tonight.

Tomorrow Friday looks mainly dry with just some light showers in the afternoon, a breezy day but mild up to 19c.

Saturday is very hard to call still but based on the best model data available at present it looks like heavy rain from around 9am for a few hours before clearing to showers. The problem is these showers could be thundery with some heavy falls of rain but the position of them is impossible to pinpoint. It will be breezy and cooler around 16c.

Sunday looks mainly dry with some sunny spells and back up to 18c, there is a chance of some rainfall overnight into Monday morning.

If you want to track showers over the weekend you can use http://carlowweather.com/wxradar.php

We'll have a live forecast from Electric Picnic tomorrow with an update on the latest charts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Two of the lads can't make it til late Friday night. What is the latest they can enter and get a wristband? Anyone know?

No recent info but I volunteered in 2010 and people were still coming in when I finished at midnight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement