Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Villain and Pablo have definitely earned a free pint or ten. Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm literally here trying to see when's the earliest I can go to bed so I can wake up to tomorrow

I hope everyone has an amazing wonderful and safe weekend. Thanks so much to everyone for some brilliant recommendations of acts I never heard of two months ago and are now my must sees

The beauty of this thread....now where's that child of Prague gone .....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Villain and Pablo have definitely earned a free pint or ten. Cheers guys.

I'll drink anything and I'll be the one walking around live streaming the sky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Meet up in Salty Dog AFTER Booka Brass Band???? This year I shall be sporting a rather lovely red felt trilby and Dame Edna glasses. :)

Villain wrote:
    I'll drink anything and I'll be the one walking around live streaming the sky

I'll be sure to throw a capri sun of vodka your way if I see you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Hi all, really sorry if this has been answered already 😬

What campsite would you suggest my friends and I set up in, all 35ish, enjoy sitting around having our tins and smokes and really not interested in having any undesirable visitors. Also we don't want to have to walk miles to the arena or when dragging out crap in.

Thanks in advance boardies.

Charlie Chaplin. I'm staying in Pink Moon this year, but I was in Chaplin last year. It's exactly as you describe. Majority of people are late 20's/30's. Everyone is there to have a good time, but no one is acting the bollox. It's kept nice and clean as well, and there seems to be more visible security to deter any ****ers liable to ransack/burn tents.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there this year if I wasn't in Pink Moon.

Ah jaysis, proper downpour outside right now is giving me the heebeejeebies. My poncho is still covered in mud from Glastonbury from the last time I saw LCD Soundsystem. I really didn't want to wear it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Penguin14 wrote: »
    Quick question..where do you have to show your ticket first?? Friends who have my ticket will be in there before me and are planning on coming out with the ticket to me. Will this work alright!?

Yes

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Chances of me remembering a meet up that late when I'm gillespied is pretty damn low.

Gillespied?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 LimboSlice

Rfrip wrote: »
    I'm literally here trying to see when's the earliest I can go to bed so I can wake up to tomorrow

I hope everyone has an amazing wonderful and safe weekend. Thanks so much to everyone for some brilliant recommendations of acts I never heard of two months ago and are now my must sees

The beauty of this thread....now where's that child of Prague gone .....

I dont reckon I'll get much sleep tonight.. Like a kid at Christmas here

• Advertisement

declanleo wrote: »
    Gillespied?

psychfest_primalscream_bobbygillespie_050915_psychfest_atx_v.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Gillespied is efests shyte.

Wooderson wrote: »
    Gillespied is efests shyte.

Says resident shoite poster. Back in your cage woody, I'll buy ye a pint the next efests meet. :P
    Ridge and furrow again? Lol

Was looking forward to tomorrow until my 4year old reminded me of what the portaloos are like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Charlie wrote: »
    Charlie Chaplin. I'm staying in Pink Moon this year, but I was in Chaplin last year. It's exactly as you describe. Majority of people are late 20's/30's. Everyone is there to have a good time, but no one is acting the bollox. It's kept nice and clean as well, and there seems to be more visible security to deter any ****ers liable to ransack/burn tents.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there this year if I wasn't in Pink Moon.

Awesome dude. Thank you so much. Have a great picnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Coz

Has anyone seen a copy of the site drawings this year? There was one floating around last year.

It was a scale drawing with actual boundaries etc

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Coz

Mr.S wrote: »
    If someone does have it, please don't post it.

Oops. Sorry didn't realise.

Mr.S wrote:
    This is why I love boards

Been telling my mates not to believe all the crap online about the weather coz we got a meteorologist up in here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

The usual festival plug for those into their brass music. Stomptown brass on Friday 12.25am on salty dog and Saturday at 6.45pm on trailer park.

We're also in the horn section for the David Bowie tribute gig on salty dog at 2.30am Friday night. That Should be good craic.

The hardest part will be keeping my **** together til 2.30am!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

All set up- ground in great shape actually tried to put a wind breaker in ground but was hard as nails! So everyone enjoy the weekend !! Feck the rain!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Excitement well and truly kicked in. Have to work tomorrow which is unfortunate, but gonna feck off at half 1 and be on the bus down at 2.

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 StephenOT

Lads whats the story with the Hot press chatroom clashfinder have up. Cant find anything about it on the electric picnic website?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I'm in pink moon site, coming from Vicarstown heading for Green car park about 9:30am that plan makes sense right?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Guys I know this is a no ticket rule here but owing to bereavement 2 friends due to join me tomorrow can't come €240 each original tickets available in Galway tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭rameire

for people wondering last minute which way to go if coming from Dublin with own transport.

I would suggest going M7, taking the junction 11 onto the M9, coming off at juntion 3 on the M9 onto the New N78 into Athy.
    while in Athy, if you are short on beer or food, there is a supervalu, Aldi, Lidl and Local Perry Supermarket,
    there is also a Shaws Almost nationwide if you need clothes, and if you are short a tent, chair, other camping equipment go into Griffin Hawe, its a Topline provider, stop off for a feed in a Cafe, and its only 20 minutes from Athy to Stradbally.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Villain wrote: »
    I'm in pink moon site, coming from Vicarstown heading for Green car park about 9:30am that plan makes sense right?

that's the route and time I've been taking for the past few years, works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Sorry for asking the same question, but I didn't really get a full answer before.

Which stages/tents fall outside of the main arena i.e. which stage/tent can o bring my own beer to during the day?

I know that I can do so at Trenchtown.. any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Salty dog and I think the new hazel wood might be outside too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Friday
    6.15 - ABC
    7.30 - Nas
    9.00 - Todd Terje
    10.40 - Cinema
    (then onto) Chemical Brothers

01.00 - Le Freak
    02.30 - Daft as Punk

Saturday
    1.00 - Trinity Orchestra does Bowie
    6.15 - Glass Animals
    8.00 - Horsemeat Disco
    9.45 - Le Galaxie
    11.15 - DBFC
    12.00 - LCD Soundsystem
    01.30 - Daniel Avery
    03.00 - Plutonic Dust

Sunday
    2.30 - Toots & the Maytals
    3.30 - Talos
    4ish - Kellyann Byrne
    6.15 - Wild Beasts
    7.45 - Animal Collective
    8.45 - New Order
    11.00 - MyHouse Prince set
    12.00 - Mother DJs

The ones in bold are the only ones I can trust myself enough to say I will definitely see, the rest would be ideal but you know how it goes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

connundrum wrote: »
    Sorry for asking the same question, but I didn't really get a full answer before.

Which stages/tents fall outside of the main arena i.e. which stage/tent can o bring my own beer to during the day?

I know that I can do so at Trenchtown.. any more?

Other Voices, Anachronica & The Salty Dog.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement