Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Hi all

What is it like entering without id? Ill have a photocopy of it with me but really dont want to bring my actual passport with me and dont have any other id. Do they check everyone going in or is it a case of youre only stopped if you look u18?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Hi all

What is it like entering without id? Ill have a photocopy of it with me but really dont want to bring my actual passport with me and dont have any other id. Do they check everyone going in or is it a case of youre only stopped if you look u18?

If you don't look like you're 15 you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Right folks one more sleep, have a final checklist made up for me self for the morning then hitting the road.

Will be checking in to see if there's actually a meet up planned though given the number of us in pink moon I'm sure I'm probably unknowingly making use a loo seat warmed up by one of ye for me or warming up one for ye.

See ye on the other side fellow monkeys

Have a blast

If you don't look like you're 15 you should be grand.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Will be walking from campsite with kids in the buggy, anyone any experience going through? Do I need to queue up? More importantly, can I smuggle beers in with the kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

declanleo wrote: »
    Will be walking from campsite with kids in the buggy, anyone any experience going through? Do I need to queue up? More importantly, can I smuggle beers in with the kids

Kids are generally excellent for smuggling things in :)

Not bringing them this year - the 5 year old is NOT happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

that's the route and time I've been taking for the past few years, works a treat.

why cant the organisers just spell it out
    it a source of constant debate, im unsure again now! (was going to go athy)
    surely they could just say, if you want green go this way, red that way
    and pending full car parks you'll get where you want to go
    getting into green is a big thing for me, i stay at pink moon
    did the red to pink moon before and it was horrible
    (im old and i bring a lot of crap)
    i think i came in the n80 from the north last year and got into green

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

Excitement has somewhat dulled today.... I'm sure it'll be at peak once i wake up though.

Anyone know what the story is with the yellow car park? I've not heard much mention of it on here and seeing as we're in boutique camping I'm hoping to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fallini

Hi guys. Does anyone know if you can enter the picnic for the first time from the yellow car park or do we need to go around to the main entrance? We're hoping to pitch in JH campsite.
    Question 2: are the posh loos still around? (It's been a few years!)

Cheers in advance.
    Rock on Tommy ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Fallini wrote: »
    Hi guys. Does anyone know if you can enter the picnic for the first time from the yellow car park or do we need to go around to the main entrance? We're hoping to pitch in JH campsite.
    Question 2: are the posh loos still around? (It's been a few years!)

Cheers in advance.
    Rock on Tommy ☺

You can enter from yellow, but it's a bit of a walk from carpark to entrance i think. They say to take the quarry entrance which takes you to around the bottom left side of Hendrix. I think there's still posh loos of somesort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

why cant the organisers just spell it out
    it a source of constant debate, im unsure again now! (was going to go athy)
    surely they could just say, if you want green go this way, red that way
    and pending full car parks you'll get where you want to go
    getting into green is a big thing for me, i stay at pink moon
    did the red to pink moon before and it was horrible
    (im old and i bring a lot of crap)
    i think i came in the n80 from the north last year and got into green

cheers

When you say north where do you mean? Dublin side of Portlaise and down to where?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fallini

rocks1981 wrote: »
    You can enter from yellow, but it's a bit of a walk from carpark to entrance i think. They say to take the quarry entrance which takes you to around the bottom left side of Hendrix. I think there's still posh loos of somesort

Thanks you're a star bar! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

About 2 weeks ago someone (Bodhrandude I think) wondered if we'd get to 10k by the time the festival began. Only on ~5k at the time I thought he was off his rocker - shocked and impressed it bumped to 8k in that time and I'm sure the post festival praise, reminiscing and of course, complaining, should see this thread easily get that number!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Hi all

Just bring it. Show it,put it in the bag and if it's missing when you get home so be it. Don't get turned away because of no id

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Hi all

Shouldn't be an issue going in. Some of the bar staff will probably ask for Id though

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DamoYoung

Hi all, travelling from Dublin tomorrow. I usully get chucked into red car park but really need to get to green car park as staying in Pink Moon. Can anyone tell me which way I need to travel? Which way do I need to come in??

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Jesus lads the difference between red and green car parks really isn't as much as people think and fear. If you're pink moon and red you'll be grand. It's just a walk. I did it last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

From Dublin to EP on the M7 (as far as I can tell) Exit 15 will get you into green, and exit 16 and 17 will get you into Red.

It's not that big of a deal really but it makes sense to get the entrance nearer to where you'll be camping. The eternal struggle to get the gear in is always the worst part!

Got most of the gear ready I think! Time for some ZzZ before a nice breakfast and sneaky road trip down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

When you say north where do you mean? Dublin side of Portlaise and down to where?

Not 100% but think it was the rathmore road route, comes in from the north end very much, but can't be sure, so vicarstown is a safe bet yeah? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

My plan for acts

Planning to be down for about 10.30.

Going to kick off the festival in Trenchtown as I normally do before heading to Booka Brass on the OV stage. Get the cans/smokes in.

From there:
    17:00: Search Party Animal (B&S Main Stage)
    18:00: ABC (Main Stage)
    Will probably break for food/pint/head to the Hot Press chat room at this stage.
    20:00: Talos (B&S Main Stage)
    Quick pint stop before:
    21:00: Todd Terje (Electric Arena)
    Another pint stop and possibly a bit of Kojaque on B&S Bandstand if I've time.
    22:45: Super Furry Animals (Electric Arena) - seen Chems last summer but may change my mind on this depending on my mood and head Chems.
    I will then probably check out the new Red Bull stage OR go to El Grey on the B&S Bandstand.
    01:30: Mothxr (B&S Main)
    02:30: All Tvvins (B&S Main)
    Depending on my state at this stage I may head over to Anachronica before curfew for a bit of dancing.

Saturday:
    Usually start my Saturday hungover chilling out in Body & Soul so it's gonna go something like this:
    12pm: Ailbhe Reddy (B&S Main stage)
    Some kind of lunch
    13:20: Flecks (B&S Earthship)
    14:00: Elephant (B&S Main stage)
    Will then have a wander around the tents in the main arena. I want to catch Pleasure Beach (Cosby), Brian Deady (Rankin's Wood), BarQ (Little Big), Girls Names (Rankin's Wood), Hare Squead (Little Big) so will move between these acts as I build up the courage to start drinking again. Will get some pints into me before:
    18:00: Glass Animals (Rankin's Wood)
    Will hopefully catch some of Rusangano Family in the Little Big Tent at this stage but if not I'll grab a pint and head straight to:
    19:30: Jack Garratt (Electric Arena)
    Will break for dinner and more pints after.
    21:30: Mura Masa (Little Big)
    22:00 John Talabot (Rankin's Wood) - Sacrificing The Shins here, am normally in a way more electronic mood at this stage but we shall see at the time.
    00:00: LCD Soundsystem (Main Stage)
    After LCD it'll hopefully be Daniel Avery but if that's too jammed I'll be off to Toby Kaar on the B&S Earthship.
    03:00 Plutonic Dust (B&S Main stage)
    Will catch the end of Le Galaxie Soundsystem on the way back to the campsite then.

Sunday:
    Sunday is very up in the air, depending on how written off I am and the mood I am in. I have to navigate the Wild Beasts / Savages clash and I'm likely to pick Pantha du Prince over Lana. I'll likely spend the morning/early afternoon in B&S before catching Sample Answer and Local Natives. A lot of Sunday will more than likely be spent in Trenchtown and if I haven't managed to get to the red bull stage by now I'll try to do this on Sunday too as I'm interested to see the setup. I also wanna catch Oh Wonder, **** Robot and Nao and I'll likely sacrifice New Order for this (as I've seen them this year already). I'll be finishing the festival with Overhead, the albatross if I make it that far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭LowOdour

The time has come....enjoy the weekend everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

LowOdour wrote: »
    The time has come....enjoy the weekend everyone!

The time has come to.....to Galvanize!!

declanleo wrote: »
    Just bring it. Show it,put it in the bag and if it's missing when you get home so be it. Don't get turned away because of no id

hmmm but the problem is I'm off on holidays next week so canNOT lose the passport. Is everyone id'ed or is it asked for only if you look underage

• Registered Users Posts: 19,667 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

a reminder just came up on my phone for a conpany meeting today and it was very satisfying to click "dismiss" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Electric Picnic time. Have a good weekend everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

latest GFS weather runs have the worst of the rain in the south/south east coast for Saturday, probably missing Stradbally. still be rainy, but not torrential hopefully. :)

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

latest GFS weather runs have the worst of the rain in the south/south east coast for Saturday, probably missing Stradbally. still be rainy, but not torrential hopefully. :)

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

Forecasts look bad for Saturday night now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Good morning all from EP..! It's a little damp and overcast here but grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Forecasts look bad for Saturday night now :(

look fine to me! no weather will ruin my LCD Soundsystem enjoyment anyway :D

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream...

50 years on from Revolver, Tomorrow Never Knows remains a class tune. Chems using it as their intro track in their current set - can't wait for that and a whole lot more this weekend.

Have a great time everyone and see you on the other side :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement