Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Ive a ticket for g 12 and my younger bro has one for g6 is it a different gate to enter does anyone know?

Oh weather is damp here in stradbally but yesterdays wind has died and it looks likes the sun is breaking through ...Not as warm as previous days but you expect it to be a little chilly on Sept mornings I can see it being a lovely afternoon ...

The last few nights here in Laois have got chilly enough so bring warm clothes !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Latest high red look better but it's so close to call, heavy rain early Saturday with the worst going south of Stradbaly then followed by some Thunder showers in the afternoon but they hopefully might just slide north of Stradbally.

Sunday night will see some light rain too

395999.png

Satursay afternoon high res chart:

396000.png

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Parked up the Campervans' last night, stuck up the awning & tents, had a few beers during the football and went to bed. Couple of meetings to attend in Dublin town today so I had to leave the rest of the crew this morning.
    Will tip down later this evening. Slightly surreal experience driving back up the M7 now and seeing the punters make their way to Stradbally.
    Enjoy the weekend & bring the wellies kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

laois gael wrote: »
    Ive a ticket for g 12 and my younger bro has one for g6 is it a different gate to enter does anyone know?

Gate 6 is artists/production entrance only and they are v strict down here only artist tickets through 6 don't know about 12!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

any updates on traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Enjoy!!! Stay safe and don't be a dick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Reded wrote: »
    Gate 6 is artists/production entrance only and they are v strict down here only artist tickets through 6 don't know about 12!

All general camping tickets have a gnumber on them. Just ignore it and take any main entrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Enjoy!!! Stay safe and don't be a dick!!

This.

A thousand times this.

--

Also, everyone should see Rusangano Family, Talos and Bitch Falcon, as well as whatever else you're into!

The Vincent(s) are well worth a listen too if you've nothing else on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Can't decide....wellies or hiking boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Can't decide....wellies or hiking boots?

Hiking, as long as you've broken em in.

rocks1981 wrote: »
    All general camping tickets have a gnumber on them. Just ignore it and take any main entrance.

thats what I was thinking!!Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Circuit3 at 4 on the Oxjam stage has a whole 80s Berlin synth pop thing going on. Check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

lads..anyone know if you can get to the yellow car park if you drive thru stradbally from the M7, or will you be forced into green/red??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Have fun all. Make the most of it…this is why we all work, to enjoy great times like these.

Over and out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

paulieeye wrote: »
    lads..anyone know if you can get to the yellow car park if you drive thru stradbally from the M7, or will you be forced into green/red??

Likely forced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭rameire

Family parking is close to the church. Just follow instructions and directions.
    Anybody short a cart. If you are in family camping you can buy one from tobywagons.com

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Got into Green Carpark very easily about 9:45, getting busier now as I make the trips to and from the Pink moon camp site.

Site is good at present but some areas will get very mucky tomorrow especially if we get the heavier showers.

Going live on Facebook with a forecast in a few mins.

Family camping has a steady flow. From parking to camp is 12 minutes.
    Grass is wet. Bit ground is solid and dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Not sure if this was posted, but no harm if it was. I found some cracking bands/artists to see :)

http://www.tirnanogmedia.com/15-irish-artists-to-look-out-for-at-electric-picnic-2016/

Its soooo quiet in the arena

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Calm before the... I won't say storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Lads anyone confirm what junction for green, coming up from limerick direction, junction 15 or 16? On the way now.

Sorry for asking know it's been asked a million times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭benny79

15 I think someone said

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Garda letting people down the n80 at junction 16, 4km tailback outside stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Exited N7 at Kildare Village. Got to Stradbally via Kildangan and Vicarstown.

Entering Stradbally suburbs, Garda sent us down a boreen which came out onto s wider road.

Hit what is basically the car park queue with approx 2k to cover. Halfway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

We're driving to Carlow (from Dublin) to stay in a B&B and then either driving over today or getting a taxi - if driving will we be forced to Timahoe Road car park even though our tickets state we've to use Abbeyleix entrance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Landed... Staying in boutique...managed to park in yellow car park. The job.

Sun shining. Have a ball everyone. It's gonna be a good one :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement