Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

everlast75 wrote: »
    in the silent disco being reminded of how much I HATE "professional" djs.

insufferable, self important a**holes.

Hands in the air pressing play types

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

kelly anne byrne's got a great pair of tits though.

boom, just got myself a Sunday ticket! a nice halfway house between staving off this bad dose of the FOMO and not wanting to go because of terrible lineup/potentially bad weather

forgot to post this from clashfinder premium, it's the counts of highlighted acts:
    viA3tXu.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

(Any one know if anything went down in pink moon. Lot of gardai round a

Load of double bookings and wrong people in wrong tents in the two man tents section.
    Sh1t got real for about 30 secs so the blue crew came in to say "ah lads" and everything calmed down...

*may not be based on actual events*

Eh, can't find pieminister. What's going on!

Go to pie man they have the same pies... Maybe it changed name

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

the sound of rain on the tent is lovely....

but not when you're dying to go for a p*ss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Tis soft! But the heaviest of rain has gone south and north of Stradbally, main band to clear around 11am followed by thundery showers around 3pm or 4pm but hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Villain wrote: »
    Tis soft! But the heaviest of rain has gone south and north of Stradbally, main band to clear around 11am followed by thundery showers around 3pm or 4pm but hit and miss

I think we've had the best of a bad situation - the really bad rain bypassed us, the heaviest rain we did get was early in the morning before people could churn up the main arena, and the weeks of previous dry weather have left the ground hungry. Hopefully it stays dry at midnight, can hear the LCD sound check all the way in Campervan site and its sounding excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I haven't slept, lying in my tent listening to LCD Soundsystem sound checking on the main stage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Ryan Sheridan was good. Wouldn't be a fan, lots of people loving him.

ABC were actually good. We were having food in stands and ended up there for ages, sitting in the sun watching people. Some of the dress ups are fantastic.

NAS was brilliant. Had the crowd in palm of his hand. You really could tell he was touched by the crowd's reaction, especially when the Ole started.

Jenny Green and RTE Orchestra, now that was special. It was just so good. I loved Children when it came on.

Todd Terje - really does have a lovely sound. A nice atmosphere in tent.

The. Chemical Brothers were good. The lights and images were amazing.

Wulff were playing in Oxjam. That is a band I like. Really do have a great sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Great night. Jenny Greene and the RTE Concert Orchestra were fantastic, and the place was absolutely rammed. Also got a double dose of brass (Booka and Stomptown). Was waiting for All Tvvins to start, but they were late so I headed for the tent.

Hope this rain clears up for Trinity Orchestra!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

penguin88 wrote: »
    Great night. Jenny Greene and the RTE Concert Orchestra were fantastic, and the place was absolutely rammed. Also got a double dose of brass (Booka and Stomptown). Was waiting for All Tvvins to start, but they were late so I headed for the tent.

Hope this rain clears up for Trinity Orchestra!

I like all tvvins and liked the cast of cheers, but I did find that standing around on stage smoking and drinking and fiddling about for 30 mins before they started to be a tad pretentious, especially considering the late slot they had. Left early myself as I was exhausted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Broken Social Scene were glorious.

Plenty of rain this morning in most areas including in Stradbally at Electric Picnic.

The main band of rain should clear about noon with a mix of scattered showers and maybe even some sunny spells then. A risk of heavy thundery showers from about 4pm to 7pm, winds not too strong and up to 18c.

Tomorrow looks mainly dry during daylight hours but sadly there will be more rain tomorrow night from about 8pm for a few hours.

Next week then is looking mild above 20c with mostly dry days just some showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Alkers

Apparently the rte orchestra with jenny green was live on 2fm. Woukd live to listen to it back, anyone got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Apparently the rte orchestra with jenny green was live on 2fm. Woukd live to listen to it back, anyone got a link?

I don't think they played it all live, only bits. They will feature it on RTE 2 TV tonight and I'm sure it will be flogged to death on the player and radio over the next few weeks.

Is there a pharmacy in stradbally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Boooourns

MadYaker wrote: »

Uh oh pregnancy test!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

The rain is cat , hope it ****s off soon.

Nas was quality last night . Jenny green very good . I was at the chemical brothers but cannot remember them at all , same thing happens every year , get too carried away on the Friday night , lemaitre now at 5 ish be my first act to see , can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

YES

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Yes but they're all sold out of the morning after pill :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

What a night..haven't been to EP for 5 years and last night was as good as every.

There was something going on everywhere.

Now I really need to get myself fixed up with a few more bladders ..this waking up and needing to go lark is no fun

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Yes but they're all sold out of the morning after pill :)

Just in case I hit the nail on the head, I'm kidding :)

Don't worry I used protection! Yer all hilarious though!

The hazel wood is nice, there's some random acting thing on right now.

Stradbally is a much nicer festival site than Glastonbury, the woods make it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Fed, coffee'ed, and having beer 1 today on my couch of a chair. Rain has stopped for the moment which is nice. When beer is done its time to kit up and get moving on a new day

Showers truly are a wonderful way to freshen up

Important note kiddies. When buying your big bottles of water for the tent, ensure that you check if it's sparkling, water features are nice but not at three in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

It takes a lot of talent to press play on songs other people wrote.

Showers approaching latest_radar.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

That manic pixie fiddle player Lyndsey sterling. No doubt bloody talented. But she needs a good slap and talking to on the topic of leppin around every where being really annoying.

I volunteer to administer the slaps, it's a hard job but some ones gotta do it

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Lemaitre starting in 3 mins and no one here , cmon lads , give them a good crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

The guy on before Jenny greene was a clown

• Advertisement

Lemaitre starting in 3 mins and no one here , cmon lads , give them a good crowd

I'm here now! There sounding good, thin crowd alright though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement