Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

MadYaker wrote: »
    I'm here now! There sounding good, thin crowd alright though

What ya make of them ? I thought they were very good , closer is a great tune

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Bell X1 just kicked off. Let's see how they do. Sounding good so far.

Lindsey Stirling was fantastic. Although could have done without trite pep talk.

Catfish and the Bottlemen were excellent. Crowd thin on the ground though. Would have thought more would be there.

Walking on Cars. They are good at what they do. I'm very meh about them. My 10 year old daughter who was on my shoulders loved them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Hermitage green are pants!

Bell X1 on TV now, worlds apart

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Bell x1 are one of the most boring acts i've ever seen this is dreadful honestly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

watching bellx1, did ye fúckers dodge the rain?! ah jaysus... well done. should have went full weekend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

JamieHP wrote:
    Bell x1 are one of the most boring acts i've ever seen this is dreadful honestly

Was just thinking that, it's lifeless

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

in for the shins. anyone around?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

JamieHP wrote: »

shush! i think they were great...love the tribute to Bowie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Noel Gallagher ****ing killing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

MadYaker wrote: »
    Noel Gallagher ****ing killing it!

Fan****ingtastic he was

Piss, beer then lcd

• Advertisement

Le Galaxie on TV now, would they not attract a bigger crowd or are they just sticking to the hipster crowd :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Speaking as a non-attender (first time in 7 years...!), RTE coverage - pretty decent! Good cuts of Noel Gallagher, Academic, le galaxie, Nas, not a huge amount of bollocks out of Eoghan McHaircut. Enjoyable interview with Gavin James.

Pleasantly surprised!

MattD wrote: »
    Speaking as a non-attender (first time in 7 years...!), RTE coverage - pretty decent! Good cuts of Noel Gallagher, Academic, le galaxie, Nas, not a huge amount of bollocks out of Eoghan McHaircut. Enjoyable interview with Gavin James.

Pleasantly surprised!

Definitely a hell of a lot better than last years coverage. 100% more music shown for a start.

Snarky Snark Snark

The prick with the rainbow flag needs to **** off now. Blocking view of stage

Le Galaxie on TV now, would they not attract a bigger crowd or are they just sticking to the hipster crowd :confused:

It's them playing on the Other Voices stage -more intimate area, while clashing with Noel Gallagher and the Shins.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Not there this year, watching on t.v. Love the music of Bell X1 but think they were way too far up the bill for a Sat night ??? Wouldn't be into it myself if I was there. Defo the Sat should have been New Order then LCD for sure ?

Bell x1 definitely sounded a bit flat and thin on RTE. Would really hope it was working out better with a live crowd... compared to Broken Social Scene, Glass Animals or Nas getting such earlier timeslots, you'd hope Bell X1 were blowing them away...

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

The prick with the rainbow flag needs to **** off now. Blocking view of stage
    never go to glasto so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Jenny robbed the dance tunes from pete tong who did it in the bbc ibiza proms who robbed it from other crowd

Rte coverage is not too bad but it is really poor they way you can't hear the crowd....sound sounds thinny.

Snarky Snark Snark

LCD really showing why they are headliners

Update : that was ****ing awesome

• Advertisement

Tractor pulling cars out of yellow carpark. Oh the joys.

In other news:

My darling son brought me to see Years and Years. I was pleasantly surprised. Happy pop, and not the slightest bit offensive or annoying. And they also avoid the interesting as dirty dish water that Coldplay are guilty of.

The Strypes brought it again. Seriously progressing as a band.

Noel Gallagher were fantastic. Had to leave early, rain bucketting down. And dopey here forgot to bring her rain jacket.

Oh and I really liked Bell X1 tribute to David Bowie.

I enjoyed Bell X1. Again happy music.

Strypes also covered Talking Heads' Psycho Killer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Hermitage green are pants!

Bell X1 on TV now, worlds apart

Poor performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Toby karr was great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

That's my fourth time seeing LCD and they just keep getting better and better. His mention of new material was the cherry on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Dying here in the tent

Noel Gallagher was brilliant he was sublime

Lcd was great

Caught 15 mins of years and years very Good actually

Academic were great

Bell x1 are not a main stage act never have been never will be just boring apart from the bowie tribute

Gavin James was also very flat for main stage but kids loved him so what can ya do

Raging I missed Lemaitre

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Sunday ticketer here, heading down soon. Wellies, hiking boots or runners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

AsianDub wrote: »
    Sunday ticketer here, heading down soon. Wellies, hiking boots or runners?

Hiking boots. There's a couple of tricky spots on the way in but the grass held out for the most part and is not gonna cut up very badly at this stage.

Have a great day!

Edit: you could even chance runners based on what I seen yesterday. Although the final shower last night might just have pushed it over the edge slightly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

How were New Order?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement