Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Ticket bought. My mates have been to the last three and I've always sat at home and had to listen to their class stories about it afterwards. Said I might as well book it when the price is only 200 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Synode wrote: »
    Thinking about it, the loyalty price of €165 is an absolute bargain for what you get

Indeed, such a bargain that I bought two!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Buying a ticket for any festival without knowing what artists are going to be playing is very foolish imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

weemcd wrote: »
    Buying a ticket for any festival without knowing what artists are going to be playing is very foolish imo

Completely disagree. There's so much music and other stuff that you're guaranteed to be kept entertained

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ha ha, class. That's hilarious.
    If it's certain bands you wanna see, you'd be better off seeing their standalone gigs in the 3 Arena or whatever.
    If you want to go to a festival, go to a festival and dont worry about who's playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

Dont be ridiculous! It's about a weekend away without the kids (in my case) with my mates. Forget about everything. Wandering around discovering new sounds and having the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

weemcd wrote:

I've lost count of the number of bands I've accidentally discovered at EP by wandering around.

Many of which i've then gone to see live at the academy, whelans, olympia etc.

Probably wouldn't have found them otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

I've lost count of the number of bands I've accidentally discovered at EP by wandering around.

Many of which i've then gone to see live at the academy, whelans, olympia etc.

Probably wouldn't have found them otherwise.

Completely agree. The music's only a part of it. It's just good for soul to lock yourself away from the "real" world for a couple of days, chill out, party, whatever. A complete diversion from the usual day-to-day living.

There'll always be something you'll enjoy music-wise no matter what and, yeah, it's great to look at the bill, see some act you sorta heard of and want to check out but probably wouldn't just be inclined to take the punt on going to see them on their own.

Plus there's always the food too.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

sheep_2724972b.jpg

For ~€250 I'd want to know a few bands first. Maybe I'm crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Synode wrote: »
    Completely disagree. There's so much music and other stuff that you're guaranteed to be kept entertained

Not only that, but buying a heavily discounted ticket for a festival that is virtually guaranteed to sell out is a no-brainer really.

You'd have the ticket sold in an hour if you didn't want to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there's always at least 15 acts I want to see at EP.

if the lineup wasn't good, I'd just sell the ticket, which is a piece of piss if you buy it at an early bird price.

the stupid thing for me would be to wait until the lineup comes out before deciding to buy a ticket at full price, as given the amount of different acts, there's almost certainly plenty that I want to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I've never seen an EP with less than 10 or so acts I wanted to see, but I do find it a little grating that the promoters end the loyalty scheme without anyone announced. It also annoys me that they launch the tickets so soon after EP - it is just taking advantage of people really.

I completely understand why they do it, but it's just not a nice practice IMO and I'd much rather know an act or two on the line-up before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I had an email on the bus home from E.P 2 years ago about the next years early bird tickets!

We need a lil' somethin' somethin'

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's everyone's take on camping, seems to be a split in the camp, Lads all want ordinarily campsite and girls want pink moon...anyone got 2cent.

Snarky Snark Snark

The "posh" camping is right handy for turning up and just lashing straight into the fun, no looking for a site, no worries about a tent and not being stuck on top of each other. Camp site is much cleaner and facilities are decent. Probably a better chance of a good nights kip too. There's also the security aspect of it.

Normal camping obviously is a lot cheaper, you can get some of the benefits of the pink moon stuff with the eco field but that's very limited supply, some family of mine stayed in that one last year and thought it was wonderful compared to the usual camp sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think its when Coachella announces their line up and Primavera, Latitude, Festival No 6 and Bestival that you can work out some of the acts that might cross over to Ireland to play EP, if they have not announced by then. So normally by February or March thereabouts is the time to work out the acts.

Edit just checked Coachella there and their's seem to be announced already.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Missing it this year because my bastard best mate is getting married the Saturday of it. :( Inconsiderate preek. But I agree with the majority, EP is much more than the acts. The food, the people, the craic, the woods - it's just a magical world of many things :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Unforgivable

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Duff wrote: »
    Missing it this year because my bastard best mate is getting married the Saturday of it. :( Inconsiderate preek. But I agree with the majority, EP is much more than the acts. The food, the people, the craic, the woods - it's just a magical world of many things :D

He should have had the honeymoon there. Problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

What's everyone's take on camping, seems to be a split in the camp, Lads all want ordinarily campsite and girls want pink moon...anyone got 2cent.

I'd recommend anyone to go for pink moon if they can afford it. When the time comes you'll be so glad to not have to haul a load of camping gear and then trawl through the campsites looking for a decent spot to set up. Then there's the added security, space and cleanliness that people have mentioned before.

Plus there's nothing stopping the lads from entering the regular campsites at any point if they're not ready to call it a night, but at least the girls will be able to leave them to it and get some kip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

everlast75 wrote: »
    He should have had the honeymoon there. Problem solved

Im having a mini moon there :) I get married the weekend before so we are going to Electric picnic the following weekend. Going to book Pink Moon again.

Just got my ticket there now on the installment plan. Yippee!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I'm a girl and sticking with ordinary camping just cos I love the atmosphere of it (and trying to hold onto my youth by tolerating the noise of the general campsite). :)

Highly highly recommend Pink Moon. Can't recommend it enough. Ill never go back to normal campsites again after staying in it. Its well worth the money.

Snarky Snark Snark

232 sleeps till next EP

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

It's not just the picnic though, Primavera and Glastonbury have yet to announce any acts either. Maybe it just one of those years where the big touring acts are weighting their options before committing to any festivals I'm not sure. Of the acts touring this year I would guess LCD Soundsystem seem very likely of playing but as for the big Saturday headliner it could nearly be anyone at the moment even Radiohead are rumored to be touring near the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    It's not just the picnic though, Primavera and Glastonbury have yet to announce any acts either. Maybe it just one of those years where the big touring acts are weighting their options before committing to any festivals I'm not sure. Of the acts touring this year I would guess LCD Soundsystem seem very likely of playing but as for the big Saturday headliner it could nearly be anyone at the moment even Radiohead are rumored to be touring near the end of the year.

Glastonbury never announce before April apart from the odd confirmation about Pyramid Stage headliners and some self-confirmed artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Would say that Strokes would be brilliant and quite a possibility.

I'm hoping for Wolf Alice, All Tvvins, Jamie xx, some 90's like The Wonderstuff, James and I'd expect maybe A-Ha as an outside chance. I think they are touring again

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

When your going back to the 90's the farm are doing odd gigs and nothing in their calendar past July, all together now would definitely be a crowd please at 12am. I wouldn't be surprised if we see them make an appearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

When your going back to the 90's the farm are doing odd gigs and nothing in their calendar past July, all together now would definitely be a crowd please at 12am. I wouldn't be surprised if we see them make an appearance.

Sometimes I wish only good bands got back together.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement