Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Hiking boots. There's a couple of tricky spots on the way in but the grass held out for the most part and is not gonna cut up very badly at this stage.

Have a great day!

Edit: you could even chance runners based on what I seen yesterday. Although the final shower last night might just have pushed it over the edge slightly.

Cheers for that! Have a great day too! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

threein99 wrote: »
    How were New Order?

They're playing tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

https://twitter.com/carlowweather/status/772356731435356160

GFS and Harmonie agree on rain from about 6pm or 7pm but while GFS has it heavy, Harmonie has us missing the worst of it with mainly lighter rain.

Harmonie usually is more accurate so let's hope it won't get too wet, either way I'd prepare for a wet ending tonight and if you are going to move from the main arena area into Salty Dog and Hazelwood or Rave in the woods etc I'd bring wellies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Pickpocket wrote:
    They're playing tonight.

Woops thought they were on before LCD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Could some one please get me more pain killers and water.

If you could also go for a wee for me too that would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

If you could also go for a wee for me too that would be great.

I'm queueing for 25 mins now to get into the main arena from pink moon. it's pretty ****ty too

Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm queueing for 25 mins now to get into the main arena from pink moon. it's pretty ****ty too

I'm not even considering that for at least two hours yet. Didn't get to bed till 5,30 ish (it was light). Thank **** I had some stuff to calm the oncoming pain last night

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

Anyone see Joey Bada$$? Probably the best set I seen yesterday, great atmosphere. Glass Animals were excellent too, I think the crowd/stage had a lot to do with it.

Snarky Snark Snark

To the tiny petite hot young lady that was in the toilet just before me,

"LADY what the hell did you eat to do that, it's stuck to the dropper, it just won't flush, Jesus it's unreal, even with my hose pointed directly at it and with a full tank, it would not shift!"

To the other petite young lady who entered the cubicle after me and gave me a dirty enough look as it was, please don't judge me, you're about to know the sh1t I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Le Galaxie on TV now, would they not attract a bigger crowd or are they just sticking to the hipster crowd :confused:

They were in Other Voices which is tiny. They played to a packed Electric Arena last year so it was a strange decision to put them in OV. Great gig though. That and LCD (who were outstanding) are my highlights so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

Where's the entrance to the guest area

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Red and yellow carparks are both closed. Absolute mudfests.

Tractor had to pull us out of yellow last.

Green is still perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Well I have painkillers...

Snarky Snark Snark

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Red and yellow carparks are both closed. Absolute mudfests.

Tractor had to pull us out of yellow last.

Green is still perfect.

That should make things interesting for the Sunday trippers. Not going anywhere till tomorrow myself so hopefully it'll be a little better by then.

Painkillers sorted and a good long shower with a lot of water cured most ills

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Nataniel Radcliffe special guest on other voices at 4pm.

Le Galaxie the highlight for me so far. They deserved a larger arena. Was jammed. Dublin Gospel Choir are literally the happiest my ears have ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Anyone see Daniel avery last night? What was the gig like. I hit the rave in the woods instead

I thought John talabot was deadly boring last night. Most people just chatting away during gig.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Whats the crowd like?

thunderdog wrote:
    Anyone see Daniel avery last night? What was the gig like. I hit the rave in the woods instead

Avery was jammed. Really enjoyed him...Didn't stay for the whole gig though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

thunderdog wrote: »

I thought John talabot was deadly boring last night. Most people just chatting away during gig.

We tried to get in to Avery but it was rammed. Watched from outside for a bit and it was kicking

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Surprised at how bad the coverage is for the match. Last year had a big screen up. This year a ****ty little tent.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Yer wan aurora is a little cracker live

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Rte's coverage was so bad I nearly turned over to the x factor.you'd think Jenny Greene and the NCO playing some naff 90's chart dance was the second coming.
    As for the the main stage line up pure tripe
    It should have been burnt and rebuild before LCD soundsystem were let on it such was the substandard of the preceding acts.
    How the **** do Ryan Sheridan and hermigate green get up there blegh?

Bellend1 looked like they were ****ting their pants the only thing worse than their bowie cover was Noonans 'dancing'.

Noel Gallagers **** off.

Eoghan Macdermot sycophantic musing about the lead singer of the 1975 were so off the mark it makes me wonder if ya knows the meaning of the words articulate and charismatic.
    Gavin 'goodnight dublin' James came across as a total prat.

Other voices looked like the place to be is Galaxaie and Rusanagon family for main stage next year
    See the rest of the 'quality Irish acts ' back to the pub circuit where they belong.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Going to be some fun in the car parks tonight and tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/carlowweather/status/772471961066827776

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

New Order got rain at Glasto & even more for tonight. But I would love be there as they were so good.

Snarky Snark Snark

milehip wrote: »
    Rte's coverage was so bad I nearly turned over to the x factor.you'd think Jenny Greene and the NCO playing some naff 90's chart dance was the second coming.

See the rest of the 'quality Irish acts ' back to the pub circuit where they belong.

Tell us what you really think. Don't hold back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

It should have been burnt and rebuild before LCD soundsystem were let on it such was the substandard of the preceding acts.

Bellend1 looked like they were ****ting their pants the only thing worse than their bowie cover was Noonans 'dancing'.

Noel Gallagers **** off.

Eoghan Macdermot sycophantic musing about the lead singer of the 1975 were so off the mark it makes me wonder if ya knows the meaning of the words articulate and charismatic.

Other voices looked like the place to be is Galaxaie and Rusanagon family for main stage next year

Great summation, hard to disagree with any of that. Astonishingly average stuff on the main stage, and La Galaxie and Rusangano Family would have made a much better fist of things.

Milehip needs to get laid....

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Noel Gallagers **** off.

Ur in good form

Ur in good form

Been in hospital since Wensday needed to vent thanks for reading😈

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Coverage is down to agreement rights between RTE and act, if they could show the headliners in full they probably would. The didn't show LCD because they couldn't, so I wouldn't blame them for that.

Agree with the rest though. Lineup was seriously meh this year. I think we'll see the same calibre for the next few years tbh, the festival will sell out regardless each year.

I knew that LCD hadnt signed release papers,wasn't the jist of my broadside at the coverage at all more to do with the circle jerk fest from the hipsters with the oversized RTE mics and the pisspoor line up lotta filler on show there this weekend, don't be surprised if there's not enough left in the budget to throw some mulch around the main walkways today as it all been spent on cack bands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement