Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Milehip needs to get laid....

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Lads watch your change at the bar I was short changed three times, I've only bought four drinks..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

editors were in cracking form, as are Wild Beasts at the mement!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Did anyone catch Julia Jacklin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

New order. Barneys voice holding up better than usual

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

milehip wrote:
    Rte's coverage was so bad I nearly turned over to the x factor.you'd think Jenny Greene and the NCO playing some naff 90's chart dance was the second coming. As for the the main stage line up pure tripe It should have been burnt and rebuild before LCD soundsystem were let on it such was the substandard of the preceding acts. How the **** do Ryan Sheridan and hermigate green get up there blegh?

Bellend1 looked like they were ****ting their pants the only thing worse than their bowie cover was Noonans 'dancing'.

Eoghan Macdermot sycophantic musing about the lead singer of the 1975 were so off the mark it makes me wonder if ya knows the meaning of the words articulate and charismatic. Gavin 'goodnight dublin' James came across as a total prat.

[Noel Gallagers **** off.

Other voices looked like the place to be is Galaxaie and Rusanagon family for main stage next year See the rest of the 'quality Irish acts ' back to the pub circuit where they belong.

You sound like great craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Home now and contemplating work tomorrow.

Highlights were Rejjie Snow, Jack Garratt and Nas. Jenny Greene was epic but maybe not for everyone.

A great weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

threein99 wrote: »
    You sound like great craic

i'm expressing my opinions in a robust manner as other posters have already brought to the attention of the thread; several hours ago and with much better attempts at humor than you own stock effort.

Snarky Snark Snark

Miss Del Lovely next then bed I think

Did any one leave late evening. Interested in state of car parks

K thx bai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

milehip wrote: »
    i'm expressing my opinions in a robust manner as other posters have already brought to the attention of the thread; several hours ago and with much better attempts at humor than you own stock effort.

Fancy a pint ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Lovely weekend, home an hour ago - packed up the campervan this morning because I'd heard about the rain Sunday evening, planned to head into the arena for the day and then on after dinner. Rain arrived a bit earlier than expected though, but still packed in one of those amazing Cheesy Bread things.

The Sunday day ticket folks were a bit screwed over really, worst day of the three in terms of both weather (by far) and lineup (imo). Fridays weather was great, and I think we really dodged a bullet on Saturday for the most part (aside from the sogginess before and after LCD)

The arena and most of the campsites held up really well to most of the rain, but they were awfully stingy with the woodchips this year, even a little of them would have made a big difference in some of the worst spots.

Also, the whole event is starting to really suffer from an identity crisis - maybe it's just because I had to trek through Hendrix and Warhol every day, but there was a definite increase in an style Oxegen atmosphere. The lineup itself was pretty bipolar, with a really indie and underground mid tier, but trying to capture a pop/commercial crowd too. Also, they seriously need to have some sort of musical contract for the official vendors - the Logic bar/barn was terrible and obnoxious (less so than eLites in the same spot last year though, thankfully), and the music for those fairground rides was just disastrous.

That all said, I still had fun. Did the things I always enjoy - Tiny Tea Tent, enjoyed the great food selection, checked out a few new acts, and enjoyed that Red Bull Tropical tent - Mr Scruff was superb. LCD were masters of live performance - Losing My Edge and Dance Yrself Clean were absolutely tremendous, I had a wee personal moment during Someone Great, and plenty of great in the rest (Nancy Whang <3). Actually thought All My Friends was a bit too flat or something to end it though, oddly enough. I think because it followed so many rock out songs.

Also, bringing a 10 week old baby turned out to be not too bad at all, definitely wish we had been in the Family Campervan site (such a fecking trek from the general one), but the basically the only bad part was the amount of people asking how old he was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Home and dry. Too wrecked to type much but please tell me someone else was amongst the 70 odd people at Meilyr Jones in the Cosby tent today. Gig of the weekend for me!

Glad we bailed. I'd say the car parks will be a mess later.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Soft night to end with Del Rey, an amazing experience overall glad I was in a luxpad though.

Happy enough with forecasts, models performed pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Lana has the crowd in the palm of her hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Miss Del Lovely next then bed I think

Did any one leave late evening. Interested in state of car parks

K thx bai

She's lovely alright, till you put her close to the fire. An abomination of a artist but I guess that's just my opinion , right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Villain wrote: »
    Soft night to end with Del Rey, an amazing experience overall glad I was in a luxpad though.

Happy enough with forecasts, models performed pretty well.

Any easing off soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Lana has the crowd in the palm of her hand.

But not you, obviously. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

How was Radiohead? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

Pickpocket wrote: »
    But not you, obviously. :P
    Best thing ever. Editors were great. New order were brilliant. Not into lcd so won't comment. King kong company fantastic. Wolf Alice were ok. Smiths cover band were brilliant. Catfish were meh.. some crowd yesterday Inight jerry fish were great. Loved the chemical Bros. Trinity orchestra were wonderfull. Wife was OK.

Snarky Snark Snark

Well well, was not sure what to expect from del rey but that was crackin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Fugs!! wrote: »
    Wife was OK.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

The food was amazing. Some of the security staff need a reality check. The pink moon staff were brilliant. The rain was wet. The tipp jerseys were far too common. The grass was short. The beer was water. The water was beer. The walks were long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

MJohnston wrote: »
    Also, the whole event is starting to really suffer from an identity crisis - maybe it's just because I had to trek through Hendrix and Warhol every day, but there was a definite increase in an style Oxegen atmosphere. The lineup itself was pretty bipolar, with a really indie and underground mid tier, but trying to capture a pop/commercial crowd too. Also, they seriously need to have some sort of musical contract for the official vendors - the Logic bar/barn was terrible and obnoxious (less so than eLites in the same spot last year though, thankfully), and the music for those fairground rides was just disastrous.

Totally agree with that. + I was in Hendrix once and never went back!

I ended up leaving tonight with the weather taking a turn, crowds, the average enough lineup! + just a bit burned out from the last days. Really glad that bad rain spell on Saturday happened when everybody was asleep - I think we got lucky with that. I had a really fun time this year and noticed clientele was definitely a bit different than the usual. The festival is taking a bit of a turn alright with the people and music.

Glass Animals and Wild beasts were prob top of my list (that I can remember) and I enjoyed all the usual acts mentioned and wandering around seeing and listening to all sorts of bands and tunes.

Eco camping was ok as usual but the Tour de picnic tent next door had an iPod playlist playing 24/7 which made it pretty damn impossible to sleep with earplugs + ear muffs in, but they had no music for a few hours on Saturday morning thank Christ. I'm all for having fun and staying up until the wee hours, but there has to be some sort of respite for at least a few hours of the morning!

Fire, tea and a shower Oh baby! :pac:

And thanks for the weather reports btw

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Any easing off soon?

Should ease off in next hour but too late for most

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Bloomin heck the state of the carparks.

Green was the only one, they allowed people to park in today.

Yellow and red were write offs last night.

This morning going into green, it had held up spectacularly to the rain.

Hah, tonight, not so much ;) the only way I got out ok is that I drove through all the gaps in the parking lines.

The green is beginning to get some damn dodgy patches. Car skidding all over the place at times.

And be careful driving, conditions are horrible to drive in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

found a purse with some cash and a card in it. I'm gonna hand it in but don't want to leave cash in case the stewards pocket it. give it to charity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Another great weekend. Highlights today were New Order, Pantha Du Prince and Mother DJs playing a stormer in B&S.

Favourite gig of the weekend was LCD Soundsystem. First time seeing them live and they were pure class.

Looking forward to next year already

Snarky Snark Snark

Wakey wakey and packy packy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mr.S wrote: »
    Agree with the rest though. Lineup was seriously meh this year. I think we'll see the same calibre for the next few years tbh, the festival will sell out regardless each year.

Haven't been in years but there literally wasn't one band that interested me this year. Not one. Is there an issue with budget? So many different areas now. Booking loads of average bands as opposed to a few good ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

2017 tickets on sale today ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement