Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Sometimes I wish only good bands got back together.

I couldn't name a single other song by The Farm, but Altogether Now is a quality tune

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Synode wrote: »
    I couldn't name a single other song by The Farm, but Altogether Now is a quality tune

Groovy train??????

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Folks,
    Longtime picnicer - always go campervan but somehow missed the campervan tickets this year. I have always sold excess tickets at face value, even last year face value camper-van. Anyone know of a site I might be able to get one one (as we are not allowed trade here:-))?

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

Peterd66 wrote:
    Folks, Longtime picnicer - always go campervan but somehow missed the campervan tickets this year. I have always sold excess tickets at face value, even last year face value camper-van. Anyone know of a site I might be able to get one one (as we are not allowed trade here:-))?

Try toutless.com, it only allows the advertisement of tickets at face value. You might get lucky using the #ticketfairy on twitter either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

everlast75 wrote: »
    Groovy train??????

Never heard that song in my life, but I like it. The video's so 90s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MusicLover8498

Jamie xx

After watching this video from Reading last year I'm absolutely sweating for Jamie xx to pop up on the festival circuit here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

After watching this video from Reading last year I'm absolutely sweating for Jamie xx to pop up on the festival circuit here

Did he not do that thingy in the rds a few months back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, and he did Forbidden Fruit in June too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Cantaloupe

Radiohead and LCD just announced for primevara...hmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Anyone here use the bandsintown app? Got a notification saying My Bloody Valentine playing EP 2nd September 2016. Probably a mistake? They've been inactive for two years now.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Morrison J wrote: »
    Anyone here use the bandsintown app? Got a notification saying My Bloody Valentine playing EP 2nd September 2016. Probably a mistake? They've been inactive for two years now.

That site/app seems to **** up every year showing some one who appeared years ago.

Snarky Snark Snark

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'll never live that down!

Promoters told us they where announcing something and where asking for "quietness" so to speak. I assumed another act. I assumed wrong :(

They never announced anything either, was all very odd!

:(

Was that around the time that Madness had self announced playing something in Ireland (during a BBC radio interview) which never actually happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Playing Longitude

Snarky Snark Snark

So is Fr. John Misty, i am disappoint

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I think this could mean that we see Foals or The Libertines playing EP now since neither are playing Longitude

Snarky Snark Snark

I think this could mean that we see Foals or The Libertines playing EP now since neither are playing Longitude

It's early days yet, foals played main stage in 2014, would be a bit meh for them to headline again so soon? Skag boy, meh to him too.

I see the National are at Longitude, so they're a miss for E.P. too :(

Mr.S wrote: »
    Doesn't mean he won't play EP though, I can see him playing the electric arena tbh.

Speaking of Longitude, the fact they didn't book LCD as headliners would suggest they saved them for later, and are a shoe in for Electric Picnic.

Unless the Aiken bookers have pulled off something amazing and we see them headline Forbidden Fruit
    very much doubt FF have the money to book them.
    EP is the only one that has, but they're playing in Europe in June, and are back in the US at the end of August for FYF Fest.
    they're not playing Bestival (week after EP), so I wouldn't be hugely surprised if they're not in Europe at all around early September so not playing EP.

I'd say Foals are pretty much guaranteed to be playing, and probably headlining.

playing an MCD gig in February, EP announcement a few weeks later, not doing Longitude, probably headlining Reading&Leeds the week before EP, so it's pretty much set up perfectly for them.

I see the National are at Longitude, so they're a miss for E.P. too :(

Dammit - All Tvvins too!? They played Indiependence last year - was hoping to see them at the EP :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Dammit - All Tvvins too!? They played Indiependence last year - was hoping to see them at the EP :(:(

All Tvvins could easily do both...? I wouldn't be too disheartened

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im gonna guess Radiohead/LCD (if they are still touring by the time EP comes around)Foals & Disclosure as the weaker headliners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

It's early days yet, foals played main stage in 2014, would be a bit meh for them to headline again so soon? Skag boy, meh to him too.

Foals didn't headline in 2014 though. They played before Blondie on the Friday when Outkast, Beck and Portishead were the headliners.

Foals are primed for the step up to headliner status at some festival. Picnic makes sense. I would expect them to be one of 4 acts getting top billing, unless there is one absolutely massive headliner.

The Irish acts tend to cross over so All Tvvins might show up yet.

Snarky Snark Snark

think your timings are wrong, I missed Blondie that Friday but did see foals.

Looked it up, foals followed Blondie that evening and were followed by psb

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mouzone

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Folks,
    Longtime picnicer - always go campervan but somehow missed the campervan tickets this year. I have always sold excess tickets at face value, even last year face value camper-van. Anyone know of a site I might be able to get one one (as we are not allowed trade here:-))?

Peter
    I was in the same boat as yourself last year. Luckily picked one up on adverts about 2 weeks before the festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

think your timings are wrong, I missed Blondie that Friday but did see foals.

Looked it up, foals followed Blondie that evening and were followed by psb

You are correct! Remembering it wrong.

But point is the same. Foals did not headline despite a prominent slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

Im gonna guess Radiohead/LCD (if they are still touring by the time EP comes around)Foals & Disclosure as the weaker headliners.

I'd take that in a heartbeat

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Was hoping The National would be playing at EP. Hoping they do double duty.

Would LOVE to see Gary Clark Jr play at EP. A man can dream lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

So when is an announcement likely for this, folks?

Tempted by Primavera but if Radiohead/LCD were headlining this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

So when is an announcement likely for this, folks?

Tempted by Primavera but if Radiohead/LCD were headlining this...

I think they said on twitter that the first announcement will be mid-February.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement