Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah. Here.

Seriously why even bother replying?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

wacotaco wrote: »
    Anyone get code yet?
    I send my proof yesterday but nothing yet.
    I bought my ticket in store so no booking reference or email reference which they asked for in the submission form
    I don't think I got my code till the day before last year, will see if I can find the e-mail

I'm heading into TM on friday at 9 with printouts of the last 3 sets of ticket emails recd from Ticketmaster and hope that's enough :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

found it, got my code the afternoon before the tickets went on sale

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96955241&postcount=101

Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm heading into TM on friday at 9 with printouts of the last 3 sets of ticket emails recd from Ticketmaster and hope that's enough :confused:

eh dude! (or dudette, you're not called Barbara by any chance?)

EP WEBSITE STUFF
    To guarantee you get a discount code for Electric Picnic 2017, please submit your code request by 5pm Thursday 27th October 2016.

Email address on booking.
    Home address on booking.
    Phone number on booking linked the same email address.
    Bank statement showing debit for ticket (Security details etc. can be blanked out so just the name/address and Electric Picnic purchase show).
    Photos of customer on site which indicate different year e.g. if two photos then they should have changed slightly in appearance, hair style, age and so forth.
    Screen shots of Facebook or other social media showing messages or pictures supporting the claim and indicating the year.
    Wristbands, ticket stubs, official merchandise or programmes from different years (must also show customer holding or wearing them and customers face must be visible to identify – random pictures of wristbands etc will not be accepted) .
    Travel or local (to festival) accommodation receipt (dated).
    Customers wishing to purchase from Ticketmaster outlets should bring along any of the above 3 forms of proof in order to avail of the discount.

How To Submit Your Code Request

Please fill in the Electric Picnic code request form here to receive a discount.
    Please collate your relevant proof of attendance listed above.
    Fill in the relevant details required on the form.
    If you are providing image files and not a social media, Dropxbox or website link for your proof of attendance, the file name must include the following name_type_year ​for example ​Joe Bloggs_BankStatement_2015.
    After filling in the form, you can email your proof of attendance here if you didn't include social media, Dropbox or website links.
    Tickets for this offer are limited to 2 per person, per transaction, per household, per credit card. Bookings over the limit will be cancelled. Weekend Camping at the standard early bird price have a ticket limit of 6.

Sauce : http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/ticket-info/loyalty-ticket-offer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I enjoyed this years EP, but not as much as other years. I think the weather was the killer for me. I always love sitting out on the grass having a beer or some nice food listening to the early acts Unfortunately the bad weather makes that nigh on impossible. The whole arena just becomes like the Serengeti with massive movements of people flocking to the nearest dry tent once an act has finished. Also, I thought the lineup was one of the weakest ones I can remember.

That said, we were lucky enough with the planning of the acts we wanted to see, apart from a few that we missed on the main stage due to not wanting to stand in the rain.

It definitely seemed very crowded at times and there were a lot of underage kids there too. Doesn't really bother me tbh but I'm surprised the organisers would leave themselves so open to the potential consequences. You'd also wonder how a parent would let their kid go to something like that with a gang of mates.

Music wise, highlights for me were, LCDSS, The Avett Brothers, The Editors, the small bit of the Chemical Brothers that I seen (I was standing a good bit back so there was an awful lot of sound bleed from Casa Bacardi),and lots of other smaller acts I saw around the various tents, although I didn't do as much exploring as I usually do due to the bad weather.

Just on the kids thing. We brought our son this year, he's 3 and a half, and he had a ball. We are very mindful when we're in the main arena though, making sure we hang back back and avoid all the chaos, and we certainly wouldn't be heading to the Rave in the Woods at 2am with him!! Although judging by all the positive reactions we got from the lights on his buggy, maybe it could've been a good thing for all concerned! :)

This is the second time we've brought him and the experience has always been positive. We only had him down on the Friday. We were planning to have another walk about on the Saturday but the weather was awful so we brought him home, and came back down ourselves. We've also brought my nephew down as a trial run a few years ago, but he was much much older so it wasn't too difficult.

People complaining about kids being there also need to realise that the family camping is totally different to the general pop camping. It's not as if all the families are camping in Hendrix! :)
    I can understand why some parents don't want to bring their kids and it seems like too much hassle and that's cool. No point in causing yourself stress for no reason.....like the mother in the Family Camping that was just losing it with her kids for some reason on the Sunday, blaming them for ruining her weekend. :confused:

One thing that bothered me about parents bringing kids was the amount of people that had kids there without ear protectors. We were at Wolf Alice on the Sunday and a couple came in with a two year old with no ear protectors. :rolleyes:

I love the family camping but as has been mentioned lots of times, they need to go back to the previous setup as it was a bit of a mess this year. Especially the pointlessly long walk around the lake and that gravel pathway from hell from the car park. I also thought they cut down drastically on the amount of wristband checks in and out of Family Camping compared to previous years.

One last thing, apologies to the security guy that I poked in the eye with my umbrella....and then with my fingers as I reached out to see if he was ok. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

pah wrote: »
    Absolutely. You can clearly see in the right foreground that whoever was there cleaned up after themselves.
    There was a group in one of the teepees in boutique who left the place in a state every day when they were heading into the main arena. Absolute aresholes. Pretty sure they had ice buckets and bottles of champagne too.

Snarky Snark Snark

Easy Rod wrote: »
    There was a group in one of the teepees in boutique who left the place in a state every day when they were heading into the main arena. Absolute aresholes. Pretty sure they had ice buckets and bottles of champagne too.

KUB39b2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

pah wrote: »
    Sorry. File too large

PHOTO_20160905_125848.jpg

PHOTO_20160905_125854.jpg
    It was way worse than these pics though.

I can see myself in that second pic :P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

BaZmO* wrote: »

People complaining about kids being there also need to realise that the family camping is totally different to the general pop camping. It's not as if all the families are camping in Hendrix! :)
    I can understand why some parents don't want to bring their kids and it seems like too much hassle and that's cool. No point in causing yourself stress for no reason.....like the mother in the Family Camping that was just losing it with her kids for some reason on the Sunday, blaming them for ruining her weekend. :confused:

One thing that bothered me about parents bringing kids was the amount of people that had kids there without ear protectors. We were at Wolf Alice on the Sunday and a couple came in with a two year old with no ear protectors. :rolleyes:

I love the family camping but as has been mentioned lots of times, they need to go back to the previous setup as it was a bit of a mess this year. Especially the pointlessly long walk around the lake and that gravel pathway from hell from the car park. I also thought they cut down drastically on the amount of wristband checks in and out of Family Camping compared to previous years.

One last thing, apologies to the security that I poked in the eye with my umbrella....and then with my fingers as I reached out to see if he was ok. :o

I often wonder, given the choice, would the kids prefer to stay at home. Do they enjoy being there? Do they know what the f*ck is even going on in a field with noise surrounded by 1000s of adults. Are they all in the creche months before talking about going to the EP...

Short attention spans, they'd probably prefer to wander off to a sand pit with a bucket and spade than listen to LCD soundsystem.

seachto7 wrote: »
    I often wonder, given the choice, would the kids prefer to stay at home. Do they enjoy being there? Do they know what the f*ck is even going on in a field with noise surrounded by 1000s of adults. Are they all in the creche months before talking about going to the EP...

Short attention spans, they'd probably prefer to wander off to a sand pit with a bucket and spade than listen to LCD soundsystem.

Believe me, you wouldn't bring kids if they didn't enjoy it! It would be a nightmare. Personally, 2 nights is the max I'd have kids there. But then again it depends on the kids....and the parents too I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Kids definitely let you know when they're not enjoying something! Most of them are brighter than the population of the Hendrix campsite anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I can see myself in that second pic :P:P

Under the red blanket?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Well I had a cracking weekend anyway. Managed to not get completely ****ed any of the nights(though I did have a few too many pints on Friday and end up hitting the hay at 2am as opposed to 5 or so the following two nights) and just kept an easy pace all day long which made the whole thing very enjoyable.

Ended up heading in from the campsite a bit later than I would have liked, around 6pm or so every day, which meant I missed a few acts I would have liked to have seen and was mostly down to the weather. Speaking of which, weather didn't really bother me that much in the end because I'd had a look at the forecast and came packing wellies and a poncho, so could happily traipse around anywhere and stay relatively warm and dry.

I was staying in the dreaded Oscar Wilde but I suppose I must have got lucky because we had a gazebo and a good big group of us camping out(girls and guys) arrived early so we ended up making a nice circle around the gazebo and closed off any through ways. Wandering through the campsite at times though it was a complete mess and I'll probably try to get to Chaplin if I can next year.

Met a huge amount of very sound skins as I have both times I've been there now(2014 and this year) and didn't see a single fight and really very little scobie aggressive behaviour the whole weekend. I usually hang around beside the sound tent at gigs so I'm far enough back for a chat and boogie with the people I run in to and everyone was having a laugh and up for chat. Only experience I had of these ****ed young fellas was some poor 15-17 year old chap who was absolutely out of his bean at the rave in the woods Sunday night. He was clinging on to the fence at the very back for dear life, then got down on his knees and started licking it. I think the guards arrived shortly after to shepherd him off to medical.

Musical highlights for me were: Chemical Brothers, All Tvvins, Noel Gallagher, LCD Soundsystem(!!) and New Order. Floated around picking up other acts and enjoyed myself at quite a few of them but they're the standouts.

Anyway, fair play to everyone there, had an absolute ball and have been seriously blue all week wishing I was back there right now! Definitely buying the tickets on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EoineyM

seachto7 wrote: »

Yes, my kids loved it. As the other poster pointed out, the kids are in a clean, quiet, family campsite. Ours spent a large part of their days in Soul Kids where a bunch of very nice performers showed them how to use diablos and to walk on stilts. There were arts and crafts, they could get free piano lessons and much more. They also get to see some great music and bands. The amount of outrage about people bringing kids is a joke. Its just weird that it bothers some people so much. Its not like they are sitting there watching someone knock back 10 cans and vomit in a welly. These people that get so enraged by the presence of kids need to cop on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

I suspect my 9 year old enjoyed it more than the 20 something guy that was stretchered out of the main arena on Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

We got down late on Friday and camped in Joplin. It was great. Walked through Wilde every day and it looked awful.

I know two people who had their belongings robbed in Chaplin while they were sleeping. Scumbag behaviour.

Highlights:

Joey Bada$$ - incredible gig and I was over the moon when he was announced for Other Voices along with Rejjie Snow later that night. Skipped Noel Galagher for it.
    Nas
    David O'Doherty - incredibly funny
    Abandoman - we saw the last 10 minutes and I laughed more in that than when I went to see Tommy Tiernan last year.
    Super Furry Animals
    Glass Animals
    Rusangano Family - incredible live performance in the Little Big Tent.

Lowlights:
    The price of food and drink (to be expected).
    Having to go home.
    My poor feet after wearing the wellies (hiking boots next year).

It was our first time going. It far exceeded my expectations and I've come away with a lot of new bands on my "must listen to" list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

More re kids:

I don't get the glass collecting thing! I wouldn't touch a plastic cup where some strangers mouth has been, or pick a glass up off the ground where thousands of people have trampled in shoes that have walked in and out of portaloos, or even worse, fish glasses out of bins. Why in the name of God would I encourage my child to do it? It's disgusting!

Add to that, why would I go to the bother of giving my child an enriching experience only to have them obsess over glass collecting for the weekend?

Also, to give some insight into the 13-16 year old demographic. A large proportion (if not most) of those teenagers are coming in with their parents through family camping. The 12 or under rule is in no way enforced, the attitude seeming to be that if you are going for years with your family, you are still welcome.

There are dozens upon dozens of teenagers in the family campsite, and this year more than ever I noticed groups of them who got up to their own thing once in the arena (as I recognised them from family camping). I can't say whether these teens are drinking or not, but their avenue in is not through the main gates on a general ticket.

I personally looked forward to my son still being able to come, but I completely changed my mind once he turned 11, and knew we would comply with the 12 and under rule. I think it should be enforced far more strictly, and it would give other families a chance to attend.

EoineyM wrote: »
    The amount of outrage about people bringing kids is a joke. Its just weird that it bothers some people so much. Its not like they are sitting there watching someone knock back 10 cans and vomit in a welly. These people that get so enraged by the presence of kids need to cop on

A lot of people have very fragile buzzes going on (for whatever reason...) and it's pretty hilarious how far they'll go to make you feel bad for their own issues.

sadie06 wrote: »
    More re kids:

I don't get the glass collecting thing! I wouldn't touch a plastic cup where some strangers mouth has been, or pick a glass up off the ground where thousands of people have trampled in shoes that have walked in and out of portaloos, or even worse, fish glasses out of bins. Why in the name of God would I encourage my child to do it? It's disgusting!

Add to that, why would I go to the bother of giving my child an enriching experience only to have them obsess over glass collecting for the weekend?

Also, to give some insight into the 13-16 year old demographic. A large proportion (if not most) of those teenagers are coming in with their parents through family camping. The 12 or under rule is in no way enforced, the attitude seeming to be that if you are going for years with your family, you are still welcome.

There are dozens upon dozens of teenagers in the family campsite, and this year more than ever I noticed groups of them who got up to their own thing once in the arena (as I recognised them from family camping). I can't say whether these teens are drinking or not, but their avenue in is not through the main gates on a general ticket.

I personally looked forward to my son still being able to come, but I completely changed my mind once he turned 11, and knew we would comply with the 12 and under rule. I think it should be enforced far more strictly, and it would give other families a chance to attend.

Heh, I love the cleanup kids, but I certainly wouldn't let my kid at it without several pairs of surgical gloves! Most of the kids I've seen carrying a big stack of them seem to be really enjoying it, I guess it's kind of a game or treasure hunt in a way, and I'm sure they earn a few weeks pocket money out of it!

Speaking of which, there really needs to be some kind of can recycling thing going on. Not a financial incentive or anything, but just make a big visible show out of how many cans have been recycled and what that means for good. I'm thinking of one of those Blue Peter Totaliser thingies!

Also the bins in the arena were really confusing - they all looked like General Waste, and had signs above them saying "General Waste? Think again about recycling" or similar, but there were NO labelled recycling bins around! It was really odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

great, even the EP thread being utterly ruined by parents never shutting up about their fcking kids.

• Advertisement

Well according to Friends of the Earth, €31,000 was dished out at the cashing in point. The price is factored into the price of a pint.

Surely €31,000 would pay a lot of people to do the job properly equipped.

great, even the EP thread being utterly ruined by parents never shutting up about their fcking kids.

only coz theres a bunch of plonkers on here berating parents for bringing their kids

WTF?

Many people have mentioned the teenage demographic this year and wondered how they are getting in. I thought I'd offer some insight.

You don't see me moaning about the yearly 'Hendrix is hell and people are animals/it's always been that way' debate.

Different people have different sh*t to say in the shake down. What's your problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »
    I suspect my 9 year old enjoyed it more than the 20 something guy that was stretchered out of the main arena on Sunday afternoon.

I suspect your 9 year old would also enjoy Grand theft auto however that does not make it appropriate.

I suspect your 9 year old would also enjoy Grand theft auto however that does not make it appropriate.

step aside supernanny, we've a new parenting guru in town

Didn't know David Quinn had a boards.ie account

Snarky Snark Snark

Loyalty codes are out!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Just got my loyalty code too :)

Just got mine too! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

did yous all email looking for it or was it automatically sent out from your ticketmaster account history

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement