Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 A Shopkeeper

Got my ticket so subscribing to the thread. Hoping for any/all of the following:

LCD / Air / Caribou / Parquet Courts / Fat White Family / Lapsley / Har Mar Superstar / Sleep Thieves / London Grammar / Earl Sweatshirt / Flume / Warpaint / Jungle

That'll do for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Hope this lad gets added along the way....Jonnie Common

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'd say Suede and Travis are a good shout to play. Both have new albums out at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Suede are also playing here in two weeks time (have me tickets for that one), have seen them before (in their heyday), would be more than happy to see them a third time.

Travis do realise that no one cares anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,667 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Suede are also playing here in two weeks time (have me tickets for that one), have seen them before (in their heyday), would be more than happy to see them a third time.

Travis do realise that no one cares anymore?

TBH haven't heard their latest stuff, but imho they put on a stellar show. I still remember seeing Driftwood and Turn live and it was ****ing amazing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Brian Wilson has announced a world tour in support of the 50th anniversary of Pet Sounds. Said it will be the last time it is performed live.

No Irish gig included, and a busy summer schedule would rule out Live at the Marquee/Iveagh Gardens I would think, but a huge gap in August and September would have me thinking he's a dead cert for Picnic.

Edit: F*cking double posting - am I doing something wrong? It's since the site went down last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

have MBV been mentioned? I suspect they are on the Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Random question - I bought 2x Weekend Tickets and 1x Campervan tickets pretty much straight away after last year. Since then, events have transpired, and the 2x adults will be accompanied by 1x baby human. Do you have to have bought a family ticket to come with a wee 'un? The family tickets T&Cs just seem to say that they're for getting access to the Family Campsite or Family Campervan Site, but if we're okay with just being in the regular Campervan site, do we just need to register the kid and that's it, no special tickets? Wouldn't be an issue if the family tickets weren't all sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

MJohnston wrote: »
    Random question - I bought 2x Weekend Tickets and 1x Campervan tickets pretty much straight away after last year. Since then, events have transpired, and the 2x adults will be accompanied by 1x baby human. Do you have to have bought a family ticket to come with a wee 'un? The family tickets T&Cs just seem to say that they're for getting access to the Family Campsite or Family Campervan Site, but if we're okay with just being in the regular Campervan site, do we just need to register the kid and that's it, no special tickets? Wouldn't be an issue if the family tickets weren't all sold out.

As far as i know kids are allowed in the regular camper van site. The family one just has better facilities for families and you are not allowed stay there without a kid so it's safer. I saw kids in the regular one last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Brian Wilson has announced a world tour in support of the 50th anniversary of Pet Sounds. Said it will be the last time it is performed live.

No Irish gig included, and a busy summer schedule would rule out Live at the Marquee/Iveagh Gardens I would think, but a huge gap in August and September would have me thinking he's a dead cert for Picnic.

He played at the 2009 EP too, missed him at the time as I was meeting friends arriving onto the festival site.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I love Pet Sounds and Brian Wilson as much as anyone, but to be honest, I think the time to see him play live has passed - his voice is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'd say the opposite, almost no chance he's going to drag his 73-year old self and all the band and gear across to play EP when he's not doing any other gigs and toured Europe throughout the early summer.

Green Man have announced acts, probably get a few of these:

image.thumb.jpeg.fdceb434154447b4dbc15ba321032f5e.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Surely LCD are a shoe in now that they've been announced for that festival in Portugal at the end of August?

Would take Julia Holter, The Besnard Lakes and Floating Points off that lineup.

looks better than before, but they're still off to play in the US the week after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Would love to see Battles back again

Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    TBH haven't heard their latest stuff, but imho they put on a stellar show. I still remember seeing Driftwood and Turn live and it was ****ing amazing

yeah, was a little cruel to them (have a bunch of their albums that I paid money for) but they've not really been around in quite a while have they?

Driftwood is 16/17 years old now?

yeah, was a little cruel to them (have a bunch of their albums that I paid money for) but they've not really been around in quite a while have they?

Driftwood is 16/17 years old now?

Which would make them the perfect EP band.

Big festival band back in the day.

Snarky Snark Snark

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Which would make them the perfect EP band.

Big festival band back in the day.

Depends on what they're pushing, if they're doing a greatest hits festival circuit type gig then maybe, if they're doing a "here's our latest stuff that you've never heard of" then no...

• Advertisement

Depends on what they're pushing, if they're doing a greatest hits festival circuit type gig then maybe, if they're doing a "here's our latest stuff that you've never heard of" then no...

Not many bands do that at festivals though. You have to play your old stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Not many bands do that at festivals though. You have to play your old stuff.

Tell that to The Cure at Oxegen '04!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

I'd say the opposite, almost no chance he's going to drag his 73-year old self and all the band and gear across to play EP when he's not doing any other gigs and toured Europe throughout the early summer.

Not that I give a funk, but Brian Wilson is apparently hauling is 73yro body onto the Primavera Sound festival stage in Barcelona at the start of June.

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Not that I give a funk, but Brian Wilson is apparently hauling is 73yro body onto the Primavera Sound festival stage in Barcelona at the start of June.
    well yeah, he's doing a UK tour for several weeks before it so makes logistical sense.
    coming back over to play a one-off gig at EP in the middle of a break in his US tour doesn't seem that likely.

bcklschaps wrote: »

True enough! No irish show at all would be a surprise though. He's been here quite a few times in recent years and it always sells well.
    PadraigOK wrote: »
    Surely LCD are a shoe in now that they've been announced for that festival in Portugal at the end of August?

Would take Julia Holter, The Besnard Lakes and Floating Points off that lineup.

You'd think LCD would be nailed on, but Jim Carroll disagrees. http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2016/01/26/will-lcd-soundsystem-play-in-ireland-in-2016/ Said Forbidden Fruit is more likely.

That said, if I was a betting man I'd say EP.

Radiohead announced some shows in Japan in August too - might put their potential appearance in doubt?

You'd think LCD would be nailed on, but Jim Carroll disagrees. http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2016/01/26/will-lcd-soundsystem-play-in-ireland-in-2016/ Said Forbidden Fruit is more likely.

That said, if I was a betting man I'd say EP.

In fairness to Jim, that's solid enough reasoning. Still, LCD at Forbidden Fruit would feel like such a waste. They deserve to be at a real festival. Maybe with Murphy hanging out there all weekend last year with Despacio, he'll want to go back?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

Does anyone remember from the last year when tickets go back on sale again? Forgot to get my early bird ticket and seeing as Radiohead are touring I'm getting a little worried I won't have the cash for when they are back on sale.

MJohnston wrote: »
    In fairness to Jim, that's solid enough reasoning. Still, LCD at Forbidden Fruit would feel like such a waste. They deserve to be at a real festival. Maybe with Murphy hanging out there all weekend last year with Despacio, he'll want to go back?

Murphy has a good relationship with Picnic. He DJed the year before last at the festival too iirc so it would be a surprise to see him elsewhere.

But, sometimes timing dictates what can and can't be done too.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Looking at primavera radiohead, pj Harvey, mudhoney, dinosaur jr would all make me a happy old git at the picnic. Been a few years since I was there but I wonder would a hard rock stage work there. Would bring another level to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

brannid3 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember from the last year when tickets go back on sale again? Forgot to get my early bird ticket and seeing as Radiohead are touring I'm getting a little worried I won't have the cash for when they are back on sale.

Back on sale soon per their site

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/2016-tickets-back-sale-soon

I'd guess they'll go on sale again when they make the lineup announcement

Edit: just checked my order history and I bought my EP15 tickets in March after they announced Underworld. The tickets were still discounted at that stage. Don't think you'll be so lucky this year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement