Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

How strict are they with Child age, we have 4 and the eldest would be 13 next July, I see children 12 and under are free but can't see a price for 13 and over.

I did family camping this year and a lot of the ticketing staff were quite young themselves and I did see them question a few of the parents with kids who looked about 13 or 14 but it was quite lighthearted and there was a bit of a wink and a nod and I saw two kids who were definately about 14 being let in.

If it were me I would chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 donCORK

To be honest, I don't mind the long walks to and from campsites as this does wonders for my hangovers when I wake, a few pints in my local and I'm ****ed for 3 days. I would love to rent a campervan for the weekend though, my buddies brought up decks a few years back and had a great craic. My only complaint really was being stopped by the drug squad, I didn't take anything all week but it's embarrassing being searched like that infront of lots of people. As for acts I'd like to see, I'm mostly a house/techno person myself Jurassic5 were fanastic someone like De La Soul would be great, I quite like Empire of the Sun and Foster The People, really catchy stuff, for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

Yep campervan is brill. Great not having to lug all your gear. We had awning and tent pitched beside ours for extra people. Cooked on BBQ and hardly spent a penny as we had lots of booze and food on board. Also depending on your age, its quite chilled in there and nothing like the campsites. Only negative is the toilets. They got filthy pretty fast. Only about 10 for 1000 campers. Grand if your camper has a toilet but ours didn't . Roll on 2016 !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Dolbert wrote: »
    Definitely going next year (hopefully as a performer, whoop!)

Thom Yorke ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Dream line-up:
    Daft Punk
    Radiohead
    Fleetwood Mac
    Run The Jewels
    Jamie xx
    Death Grips
    Ratatat
    Hudson Mohawke
    Rustie
    My Morning Jacket
    Ho99o9
    Young Fathers
    Sunn O)))
    Deafheaven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

How strict are they with Child age, we have 4 and the eldest would be 13 next July, I see children 12 and under are free but can't see a price for 13 and over.

Not strict at all on age, I had a 14, 13, & 9 year old with me. They were girls there easily 15 &'16.

For me I want to see Morcheeba, wouldn't mind seeing Elbow again. I'd like to see Wilco. And from the 90d Robert Miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Will tomorrow sell out when they go on sale, I normally won't be at work until 9.30 also does the camping go on sale tomorrow as well?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Will tomorrow sell out when they go on sale, I normally won't be at work until 9.30 also does the camping go on sale tomorrow as well?

Thanks,
    I doubt it, as it didn't sell out until June this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

When early bird tickets sell out do general tickets go on sale then straight away?

In terms of "picnic magic" I think it all depends on how often you go. The novelty is bound to wear off eventually. I went in 05, 06, and 07. This year was my first year at it since then and honestly I had just as good a time (if not better) then I did back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Thanks,

Last September they released a small batch of early birds that sold out immediately but the next lot went on sale in November/December I think and were available right up until the summer then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Children 13-17 aren't allowed

Didn't look like it this year. Saw loads in that age group wandering around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

For the early bird and the repeat offenders discounts last year, can anyone remember if we got a code from ticketbastard to use to buy the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

No code, it just went off your account history AFAIK

Edit: Yeah you're dead right it was a password sent out, ignore me!

For the early bird and the repeat offenders discounts last year, can anyone remember if we got a code from ticketbastard to use to buy the tickets?
    maximoose wrote: »
    No code, it just went off your account history AFAIK

You were emailed a ticket code by Ticketmaster. if it didn't come through automatically you had to contact them and they'd issue you one which was typed in when you were buying the tickets online. The discount was applied once the code was valid.

Iir, plenty of people were giving out codes they weren't using so you didn't even have to use the account the code was connected to once it was a valid one.

Snarky Snark Snark

hmmm, they'd best get cracking on issuing codes then if the tickets are on sale tomorrow.

hmmm, they'd best get cracking on issuing codes then if the tickets are on sale tomorrow.

Unless tomorrow's ones aren't going to be included in any early bird offer?

Would be a real shame if that was the case because that's been an absolute life-saver the last few years for me!!

Snarky Snark Snark

yarp, even at 250, for the 11/12 acts I saw, i'd call it good value. But I'd much rather pay the cheaper rate for having been 3 times before.

yarp, even at 250, for the 11/12 acts I saw, i'd call it good value. But I'd much rather pay the cheaper rate for having been 3 times before.

250 is good value but it's just a huge chunk of change to be spending in one go.

If there is a repeat of the early bird and installment options, I'll go for it straight away. If not, I'll have to wait and see until further down the line and budget accordingly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

It is all up front or is there a deposit system ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I reckon that next summer we will see the Libertines headlining festivals in the UK and Ireland.

Doubt we'll see them headlining here. Weren't all their recent gigs terrible anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Effects wrote: »
    Doubt we'll see them headlining here. Weren't all their recent gigs terrible anyway?

They were unreal at the Point recently. One of the best gigs I was at this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

€235 is the full price I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Ticket limits
    Tickets Limited to 6 for full paying customers.
    Tickets LImited to 2 for Loyalty Discount Customers.

So there must be loyalty

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

maximoose wrote: »
    €235 is the full price I'd imagine.

Has to be , but can't find anything about loyalty tickets , 9 other options available and e.p hasn't confirmed about loyalty tickets for next year yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

What time are kids allowed wander around till or what way do parents work it

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

What time are kids allowed wander around till or what way do parents work it

Every parent will have a different opinion on this but my own is that once darkness falls I don't think its a great place for kids. The crowds increase dramatically, the soul kids area is closed and then you have more drunk people around the place. My own kids were knackered come 9 o'clock anyway and I felt I was forcing the fun on them after that.

Soul kids is really for the under 7's

I kept my own there for all of Friday and then shipped them off to the grandparents for saturday and sunday.

Saw loads of toddlers being carted around literally wrapped in blankets and ear defenders late at night. Each to their own but it is a good experience overall if you can get the balance right. All the kids in the family campsite seemed well happy during the day anyway.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/tickets

Full ticket info for next year. Loyalty scheme included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

€160 for Loyalty of 3 years. Sweet. I was expecting it to be a lot higher.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement