Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Mr.S wrote: »
    Could be what Forbidden Fruit needs to be honest, last 2 years where meh at best. The first two FF's where great however. "Festival in the city" is a great concept, but with the Longitude getting all the /bigger/ acts, (and with massive MCD promo / marketing) FF has suffered IMO.

I didnt go to FF last year, but a friend of mine went to both that and Longitude. Said that FF had made the right call focusing on a single genre - the best hip-hop line-up an Irish festival had ever had tbf. Longitude, meanwhile, was like an Oxegen-lite with the range of bands, which meant that half the crowd was disinterested in what was on one day because they were waiting for something else.

It wasn't a great mix and Longitude also had the worst sound at any outdoor gig I've ever seen. I'm a huge fan of the National (and Father Jonh Misty, Courtney Barnett and Jamie xx) and I wont go back this year. No point.

But LCD will be a huge draw for any festival - could be the making of FF if they get the right undercard to go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Sound was perfect for Chemical Brothers at Longitude last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Nos Alive in Portugal line up looks very nice

https://www.facebook.com/pixiesofficial/posts/10153881184172442:0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

LCD Soundsystem seem too perfect for Electric Picnic not to get them. I know it might not make sense with dates but you have to imagine they are going all out to get them. Forbidden Fruit would make sense considering they're here in Europe around that time but I lost a lot of interest in Forbidden Fruit last year, they ditched their approach from previous years and went solely for a dance/hip hop line up (which I thought was a good line up btw), but it attracted a much worse crowd and lost it's atmosphere. It was session moth heaven last year. It would be sad if LCD headlined that and last years crowd went, they would need to be more similar to previous years line ups if they are to get LCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

True enough! No irish show at all would be a surprise though. He's been here quite a few times in recent years and it always sells well.

You'd think LCD would be nailed on, but Jim Carroll disagrees. http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2016/01/26/will-lcd-soundsystem-play-in-ireland-in-2016/ Said Forbidden Fruit is more likely.

That said, if I was a betting man I'd say EP.

Radiohead announced some shows in Japan in August too - might put their potential appearance in doubt?

Main Stage at forbidden fruit is too small for this, christ Carroll can put up as much speculative ****e as we do here. POD don't really have another series of outdoor shows, Aiken just have Iveagh Gardens and the Marquee which are just too small.

James Murphy is not to totally devote POD anyway , he's shown up to the picnic doing his own thing and with despacio and Body and Soul.

The thing is with LCD they may not wanna flog this comeback and just do the few exclusive shows at "cool" festivals like coachella primavera etc. although to me Coachella sounds like a youth cultural abomination.

If its gonna happen , its as likely to be a stand alone gig in Marley Park or they show up at the Picnic, or they don't show up at all. Each are as likely as the other.

Guys does anyone know when POD got involved with Body and Soul? i don't recall them being publicly involved before now its all over their website. Find it very interesting, could be planning more expansion. I did see they are redesigning their main stage this year since they really in truth have outgrown it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

MJohnston wrote: »
    Random question - I bought 2x Weekend Tickets and 1x Campervan tickets pretty much straight away after last year. Since then, events have transpired, and the 2x adults will be accompanied by 1x baby human. Do you have to have bought a family ticket to come with a wee 'un? The family tickets T&Cs just seem to say that they're for getting access to the Family Campsite or Family Campervan Site, but if we're okay with just being in the regular Campervan site, do we just need to register the kid and that's it, no special tickets? Wouldn't be an issue if the family tickets weren't all sold out.

Kids can do regular camping,I'll be bringing mine this year aged almost 3 and 4. I've never had any issues c in previous 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

MJohnston wrote: »
    Random question - I bought 2x Weekend Tickets and 1x Campervan tickets pretty much straight away after last year. Since then, events have transpired, and the 2x adults will be accompanied by 1x baby human. Do you have to have bought a family ticket to come with a wee 'un? The family tickets T&Cs just seem to say that they're for getting access to the Family Campsite or Family Campervan Site, but if we're okay with just being in the regular Campervan site, do we just need to register the kid and that's it, no special tickets? Wouldn't be an issue if the family tickets weren't all sold out.

Kids can do regular camping,I'll be bringing mine this year aged almost 3 and 4. I've never had any issues in previous 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

LCD are playing Paredes de Coura at the end of August so I'm not sure why people are ruling them out. Looks like they're here for the summer. Also, they're playing We Love Green in Paris and Primavera in Barcelona the June bank holiday weekend so that makes FF less likely imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The last installment for my ticket is coming out on the 1st of feb which is the day I have to pay rent. Looks like I won't be able to pay the last installment which means my ticket and the money from the previous installments is gone :(:(:( I don't get paid until the 4th!

**** January and **** getting paid monthly!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Double post!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

MadYaker wrote: »
    The last installment for my ticket is coming out on the 1st of feb which is the day I have to pay rent. Looks like I won't be able to pay the last installment which means my ticket and the money from the previous installments is gone :(:(:( I don't get paid until the 4th!

Can you get a loan off someone. You'd be mad to let it go

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Ticketmaster seems to be telling my no tickets available. Hardly sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

They will be back on sale soon. The early bird prices are finished so they will release more soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

No, you'll see on the official website that they're coming back on sale soon - http://www.electricpicnic.ie/tickets

The previous sales were for earlybird tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MadYaker wrote: »

pretty sure other people here have mentioned missing installment payments and just ringing ticketmaster a couple of days later and paying then.

give them a ring and check, wouldn't imagine it would be a problem....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Looks like no Arcade Fire at the picnic, pity.

http://pitchfork.com/news/63150-arcade-fire-announce-first-shows-since-2014/

Only European Festival headlining shows are at NOS in Lisbon and BBK in Bilbao in July. Maybe they'll do Iveagh Gardens or a stand-alone Marlay Park/Kilmainham show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Only European Festival headlining shows are at NOS in Lisbon and BBK in Bilbao in July. Maybe they'll do Iveagh Gardens or a stand-alone Marlay Park/Kilmainham show.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Way to big for Iveagh Gardens , Id say they might tour at the end of the year and back next summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

It looks as if the Arcade Fire shows are once offs for the year, and they wont be touring until 2017. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see them until 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rockonkw

Last Shadow Puppets 100% have to play!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Ms Polly Jean Harvey please...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

new announcement for R&L the week before EP
    CZyog6yW0AAOal0.jpg

Foals playing EP is basically a certainty at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

CZyog6yW0AAOal0.jpg

Jesus, that's a chronic lineup. Hope the EP announcement is a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

CZyog6yW0AAOal0.jpg

Can anyone list the line-up?

In work so image not showing up for me!

Ta.

List of headliners for Reading & Leeds for the last decade or so. Consistently bad - I wouldn't read much into it!!

2016: Red Hot Chili Peppers
    2015: Metallica, Mumford & Sons, The Libertines
    2014: Blink-182, Arctic Monkeys, Queens of the Stone Age/Paramore (Co-headline)
    2013: Green Day, Eminem, Biffy Clyro
    2012: The Cure, Kasabian, Foo Fighters
    2011: My Chemical Romance, The Strokes, Pulp, Muse
    2010: Guns N' Roses, Arcade Fire, Blink-182
    2009: Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead
    2008: Rage Against The Machine, The Killers, Metallica
    2007: Razorlight, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins
    2006: Franz Ferdinand, Muse, Pearl Jam
    2005: Pixies, Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden

List of headliners for Reading & Leeds for the last decade or so. Consistently bad - I wouldn't read much into it!!

2016: Red Hot Chili Peppers
    2015: Metallica, Mumford & Sons, The Libertines
    2014: Blink-182, Arctic Monkeys, Queens of the Stone Age/Paramore (Co-headline)
    2013: Green Day, Eminem, Biffy Clyro
    2012: The Cure, Kasabian, Foo Fighters
    2011: My Chemical Romance, The Strokes, Pulp, Muse
    2010: Guns N' Roses, Arcade Fire, Blink-182
    2009: Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead
    2008: Rage Against The Machine, The Killers, Metallica
    2007: Razorlight, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins
    2006: Franz Ferdinand, Muse, Pearl Jam
    2005: Pixies, Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Can anyone list the line-up?

In work so image not showing up for me!

Ta.

Newly announced additions:

Foals
    Disclosure
    Jack Ü
    Imagine Dragons
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Fetty Wap
    Crystal Castles
    Parkway Drive
    Nothing But Thieves
    The Internet
    Oliver Heldens
    Hannah Wants
    Kurupt FM Presents: Champagne Steam Rooms
    CassetteBoy vs DJ Rubbish

Previously announced:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
    The 1975
    Courteeners
    Boy Better Know
    Twenty One Pilots
    Eagles Of Death Metal
    Slaves
    Hinds
    Rat Boy
    DJ EZ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Would take Crystal Castles, thank you very much!

Not much else there to get excited about...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 A Shopkeeper

Sleaford Mods for EP this year. Calling it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Sleaford Mods for EP this year. Calling it now.

Quite a call there...... You're brave.

Actually, I think they'd be class, sweary little demonic poets that they are, would be hysterical to see the funkpuppets that are the rte presenters attempting to interview or cover them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement