Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

new announcement for R&L the week before EP
    CZyog6yW0AAOal0.jpg

Foals playing EP is basically a certainty at this stage.

Is there usually much crossover in acts between R&L and EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Is there usually much crossover in acts between R&L and EP?

They're both run by Festival Republic so some acts could be booked to cross over, R&L is a bigger festival though so more bucks to spend. always thought they were much more of a hard rock type event though compared to the picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

Bestival are announcing their headliners tomorrow with Radiohead rumoured to be one of them, it could make their chances of playing the picnic more likely (although there wasn't much crossover between the two last year)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

They're both run by Festival Republic so some acts could be booked to cross over, R&L is a bigger festival though so more bucks to spend. always thought they were much more of a hard rock type event though compared to the picnic.
    yeah there's more of a rock slant, but there's usually a mix of genres lower down and we usually get a few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

I'm thinking, New Order , LCD Soundsystem and Foals could be your 3 Headliners ... And throw Suede in there for good measure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,667 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Graham1978 wrote: »
    I'm thinking, New Order , LCD Soundsystem and Foals could be your 3 Headliners ... And throw Suede in there for good measure

James have a new album out. I would be incredibly happy if they play!

no Sigur Ros anyway, they're playing Kilmainham on 26th June:
    http://sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/2016/20160626-dublin/

The Cure, Animal Collective, Bastille, Wolf Alice, Jagwar Ma and The Human League are probably in with a shout as they're playing Bestival the week after EP:
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jan/29/the-cure-and-major-lazer-headline-bestival-2016

dsRs8Lo.jpg?1

Snarky Snark Snark

Craig David?

craigdavid.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

When did Major Lazer become a headliner, I missed that part

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Who? ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Just had a listen on Spotify and he has been teaming up with all kinds and releasing complete cheese of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Major Lazer used to be a pairing of Diplo and another, more decent producer (Dave Taylor aka Switch), but now it's just Diplo, and he's godawful amounts of cheesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

everlast75 wrote: »
    James have a new album out. I would be incredibly happy if they play!
    I would love to see them at EP one of my fav bands, cant understand how they have never played before............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Craig David?

craigdavid.jpg

"He likes a pint of larger.....!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The Cure, Animal Collective, Bastille, Wolf Alice, Jagwar Ma and The Human League are probably in with a shout as they're playing Bestival the week after EP:
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jan/29/the-cure-and-major-lazer-headline-bestival-2016

dsRs8Lo.jpg?1

I wonder how this Bestival line up translates to the EP;
    Hot chip are EP saturated at this stage, I can't see them being back.
    Although they put on a good show last time, me personally I wouldn't be interested in seeing the Cure again.

I'm holding out for alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

That Bestival line up is very weak in a run of pretty great drops.

Snarky Snark Snark

I wouldn't complain about The Cure, dunno bout the rest of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mince Pie wrote: »
    That Bestival line up is very weak in a run of pretty great drops.

Its a bit of a lazy booking by Bestival considering the Cure played their 3 and a half hour set at 2011 Bestival, I would've thought Portishead would have played that slot as they haven't graced the Bestival stage as yet.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Is EP a bigger festival than Bestival yet? Pretty sure EP's expansions may have made them marginally bigger. Hopefully get a better lineup too although there's a lot of acts I'd love to see do a cross-over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

BOHtox wrote: »
    Is EP a bigger festival than Bestival yet? Pretty sure EP's expansions may have made them marginally bigger. Hopefully get a better lineup too although there's a lot of acts I'd love to see do a cross-over
    It would be very near Bestival's capacity last year EP 2015: 51,000 Bestival 2015: 55,000 and EP may increase it again this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭LowOdour

EP2016 would be my first festival camping in 12 years...The Cure headlined back at that so would be hoping for something different this tme!

Snarky Snark Snark

It would be very near Bestival's capacity last year EP 2015: 51,000 Bestival 2015: 55,000 and EP may increase it again this year.

Increase again? That would be f.ucking insane unless they do some serious jiggery pokery on the layout of the main site.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 A Shopkeeper

Quite a call there...... You're brave.

Actually, I think they'd be class, sweary little demonic poets that they are, would be hysterical to see the funkpuppets that are the rte presenters attempting to interview or cover them.

Someone booked them (Sleaford Mods) for the end of Sept. in District8 last year so they didn't do any festivals here. My money is on EP for this year.

Snarky Snark Snark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Good to see the Eagles of Death Metal are still going.

Snarky Snark Snark

Given that this thread will probably explode when the first acts are announced (and we're in the run up to other festivals), is now the time to suggest putting together an ultimate festival list of what you need to get through the weekend (wipes/batteries/box of balloons with the feather light touch etc*...)

Could stick it in google docs or sommat

* I notice Madness have a gap in their schedule the weekend of EP too...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 A Shopkeeper

Quite a call there...... You're brave.

Actually, I think they'd be class, sweary little demonic poets that they are, would be hysterical to see the funkpuppets that are the rte presenters attempting to interview or cover them.

Lulz, yes. Straight over the ceann :)

Also adding Miike Snow to my list. Them and Sleaford Mods are dead certs imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

End of the Road are apparently announcing some of their line up tomorrow, last year they shared quite a lot of acts with EP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement