Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

couple of nice ones there, yer wan Newsom though could be odd in a festival setting, think her stuff really would sound better indoors

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Some quality there, would love to see Goat, Thee Oh Sees, Cat Power and AC doing the Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Having nightmares remembering Cat Power's non-show show in Whelans years ago, awful, off her bin hidden in the corner of the stage, painful.

She just shouldn't tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

Having nightmares remembering Cat Power's non-show show in Whelans years ago, awful, off her bin hidden in the corner of the stage, painful.

She just shouldn't tour.

She's sorted herself out since then though, and she's played some crackers...Tripod and the Olympia spring to mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FaronAlood

Hey lads and lassies, just wondering about the installment plan. It said that February 1st was when the second payment was due, yet my account balance remains unchanged. Everything is in order, the stored billing information, etc so I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Leitrim96

Buying Longitude ticket for Friday to see Kendrick, are the chances of him playing in Stradbally as well as Marley Park slim? Have tickets for EP also and would think twice about buying the Longitude ticket were he at the Picnic. Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

BlaaEater wrote: »
    She's sorted herself out since then though, and she's played some crackers...Tripod and the Olympia spring to mind...
    Oh man, I'd love if she was announced!
    FaronAlood wrote: »
    Hey lads and lassies, just wondering about the installment plan. It said that February 1st was when the second payment was due, yet my account balance remains unchanged. Everything is in order, the stored billing information, etc so I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar?
    Mine hasn't been taken yet either.
    The last time it was a few days after the supposed date, so i'd imagine it'll be done by Friday.
    Leitrim96 wrote: »
    Buying Longitude ticket for Friday to see Kendrick, are the chances of him playing in Stradbally as well as Marley Park slim? Have tickets for EP also and would think twice about buying the Longitude ticket were he at the Picnic. Cheers guys
    Couldn't see it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

FaronAlood wrote:

Saw somewhere it's Friday they're processing the payment

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

There is some nice acts on the Bestival line up I wouldn't mind seeing at EP. Animal Collective, Bicep, Damian "JR.Gong" Marley, David Rodigan, Richie Hawtin (last time he played was 2012).

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

jdbarry wrote: »
    Saw somewhere it's Friday they're processing the payment

My final payment for 2 tix was taken on Monday morning.

Might be doing them in batches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

My last payment was taken on Monday too.
    I'm assuming they will send the tickets out soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 A Shopkeeper

Richie Hawtin (last time he played was 2012).

Where did he play then?

I don't enjoy when a techno dj plays after a band...where would be good for him now? He's too big for the woods and or casa bacardi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Cantaloupe

Where did he play then?

I don't enjoy when a techno dj plays after a band...where would be good for him now? He's too big for the woods and or casa bacardi.

MK and Paul Kalkbrenner played that Rankin Woods stage/tent last year...was jammed for MK and spilled out of the tent but didn't see Kalkbrenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Cantaloupe wrote: »
    MK and Paul Kalkbrenner played that Rankin Woods stage/tent last year...was jammed for MK and spilled out of the tent but didn't see Kalkbrenner.

Yea it was jammers for Paul Kalkbrenner too, 5-10 deep outside of the tent I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Yea it was jammers for Paul Kalkbrenner too, 5-10 deep outside of the tent I'd say

Kalkbrenner was competing against Julio Bashmore in the Little Big Tent, but I chose Kalkbrenner myself, I didn't regret it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Nice to see it getting a little electric in hear again : )

• Registered Users Posts: 19,667 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Chemical Brothers should be a strong possibility (if they're not booked elsewhere). Played longitude here last year (I think) and Latitude in the UK last year. New album and all that....

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Better off if Chemical Bros. didn't bother. Herr Kalkbrenner on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MusicLover8498

Did those of you who's payment was taken for the installment plan get confirmation from Ticketmaster or Electric Picnic or do you just know it was taken by bank balances? My final payment was supposedly taken Monday but I've gotten no confirmation, that being said got no confirmation for the last two either :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

No confirmation from either, just saw the €106 Ticketmaster.ie charge on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I got a 'reminder' email that my last installment was coming..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

my installment was taken off the card yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Just booked ones of the Bellepads on the Podpad website. Pink Moon here we come (again)!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

andreac wrote: »
    Just booked ones of the Bellepads on the Podpad website. Pink Moon here we come (again)!!!!

The queue at Pink Moon last year was an absolute disgrace. I was in it for about 3 hours on the Friday.

MJohnston wrote: »
    The queue at Pink Moon last year was an absolute disgrace. I was in it for about 3 hours on the Friday.

Yeah i remember seeing the queue on podpads side when we came in for Pink Moon. We will be there earlier this year. Think we got down around 1.30 so will try and get there earlier this time.

What time was that at when you arrived?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

andreac wrote: »
    Yeah i remember seeing the queue on podpads side when we came in for Pink Moon. We will be there earlier this year. Think we got down around 1.30 so will try and get there earlier this time.

What time was that at when you arrived?

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was around about 1/2. Certainly long before the post-work crowd. They had separate queues for Podpads I think, but the organisation was so bad that they didn't tell anyone that until they'd already been standing in the other queue for a good 2 hours already.

Hopefully they've sorted it out this year, but I can't imagine this is the first time it's happened. Thankfully I'm in a campervan this year!

MJohnston wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was around about 1/2. Certainly long before the post-work crowd. They had separate queues for Podpads I think, but the organisation was so bad that they didn't tell anyone that until they'd already been standing in the other queue for a good 2 hours already.

Hopefully they've sorted it out this year, but I can't imagine this is the first time it's happened. Thankfully I'm in a campervan this year!

Ah right. Yeah we came in and walked straight up to the Pink Moon counter with just 1 person in front of us, so we weren't waiting long at all, but the queue was long enough for Podpads, but wouldn't have thought it would have been 3 hours, mental!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Would it be likely they are holding off on an announcement until after the Foals gig next Wednesday. Wishlist of head liners and possibles are FOALS, LCD and NEW ORDER.

Would also love to see Richie Hawtin back along with Matador, and having missed out on Massive Attack and Moderat tickets I hope either are added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MusicLover8498

Think Massive Attack could be very likely given that they've started touring again. Saw that the Chillis are headlining Reading and Leeds maybe a slight chance of EP or would yous say they'd be too expensive?:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement