Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Think Massive Attack could be very likely given that they've started touring again. Saw that the Chillis are headlining Reading and Leeds maybe a slight chance of EP or would yous say they'd be too expensive?:rolleyes:

RHCP would be pricey but I really really hope they are not added.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MusicLover8498

RHCP would be pricey but I really really hope they are not added.

Why's that? :o

Snarky Snark Snark

Why's that? :o

yeah, not getting into a musical taste pissin contest on it cos
    SA7P2N

An act like that could easily play a large date on their own, the cost of them would suck up the price of two decent bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MusicLover8498

An act like that could easily play a large date on their own, the cost of them would suck up the price of two decent bands.[/QUOTE]

That's a fair enough point yeah I wouldn't prefer them there over a better lower key band

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭leakyboots

That, and they're ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mgkelly

leakyboots wrote: »
    That, and they're ****e
    RHCP are great, in my humble opinion. Saw them live a couple of times, & they were buzzing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

That, and they're ****e

Agreed, after "One Hot Minute", the commercial side kicked in and they became sh*te, wouldnt want them near EP!!!!!, bring in something decent!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That, and they're ****e

You may not like it but they are a talented bunch of lads who make good music. They won't be added to EP they're too big. They'll do the 3 arena or Marley Park again. And I'd say I'll buy a ticket too.

Snarky Snark Snark

Used to like em (still dig out the older albums every now and then), saw them live in landsdown years ago and thought they were dreadful.

Their last few albums have been utterly pants.

(Funnily enough, New Order supported them in the Landsdown gig, they seemed a little drunky at the time, put on a great show)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Could see Santigold back at the EP this year. New album out "99 cents" + US tour March finished by May I assume she's playing Glasto + other EU dates afterwards?? Really enjoyed the 2011 EP gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭leakyboots

mgkelly wrote: »
    RHCP are great, in my humble opinion. Saw them live a couple of times, & they were buzzing!!

I've seen them live too and they were great, 15+ years ago. They're nearer to Coldplay now than what they started as, stadium rock.

Snarky Snark Snark

I've seen them live too and they were great, 15+ years ago. They're nearer to Coldplay now than what they started as, stadium rock.

Oooof, that's harsh (and I quite like coldplay)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

****e or not, they likely have zero chance of being at EP - not a great fit musically, far too expensive, and likely to be able to draw far more money for themselves with a solo concert in Marlay or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Cantaloupe

Can we have Spice Girls please? Thanks.
    Or Peal Jam.. I'll settle for either.

Failing that I'll take Faithless, Gorillaz, Fleetwood Mac, Vampire Weekend, Lana Del Rey, Foals, Django Django, Jamie Jones (even though he's playing Life, we'll take him again) Daft Punk and can we bring David Bowie back to earth while were at it? Grand.

(deffo unpopular tastes in there but let me dream)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Last Shadow Puppets announced their first ever Irish show today. Olympia Theatre on May 27th.

Lots on here (me included) were hoping for a Picnic show. Definitely doesn't rule them out, but would make them far less likely I would think.

I wish they'd hurry up and announce already. Whether I'm buying tickets or not depends on who is playing - LCD Soundsystem or Radiohead and I'm there. Otherwise...

Would also like to see M83 and PJ Harvey.

Snarky Snark Snark

Supposed to be mid month for the announcement so you'll get to make your decision next week I would assume.

At this stage I just want the names so that the full blown "they're crap/awful/terrible/wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire" thread hysteria can start.

hmmmm, the bunny men have a few dates round that time of the year...
    http://www.bunnymen.com/tour-dates/

could be in with a hop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Last Shadow Puppets announced their first ever Irish show today. Olympia Theatre on May 27th.

Lots on here (me included) were hoping for a Picnic show. Definitely doesn't rule them out, but would make them far less likely I would think.

I wish they'd hurry up and announce already. Whether I'm buying tickets or not depends on who is playing - LCD Soundsystem or Radiohead and I'm there. Otherwise...

Yea would have thought they were near certainties for the picnic. Tickets for the Olympia are a bit pricey too

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I have seen NGHFB have been announced for a load of medium sized festivals in the UK could we see him make an appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Nice to see Karen Dreijer is active with Fever Ray again, they are premièring new material in Stockholm in April this year, would be nice if they came back to the Picnic.

http://www.hipsthetic.com/karin-dreijer-aka-fever-ray-produces-new-music/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I'm definitely not going this year so I think the line up will be absolutely fabulous...and I will be sad puppy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Noel GHFB do seem to be touring, but it's mainly outside of the Irish Isles.

I presume the Last Shadow Puppets aren't a runner now. What about Kula Shaker?

Jagwar Ma, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Noel GHFB do seem to be touring, but it's mainly outside of the Irish Isles.

I presume the Last Shadow Puppets aren't a runner now. What about Kula Shaker?

Jagwar Ma, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

When are tickets back on sale?

Snarky Snark Snark

D.Q wrote: »
    When are tickets back on sale?

Soon?

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Cantaloupe wrote: »
    Can we have Spice Girls please? Thanks.
    If Ye think Victoria beckham is gonna fly from L.A to mime in a field in Stradbally then you'll be waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Can someone please explain to me the logic in waiting for the lineup to be announced because I can't see it. Early bird tickets, or tickets on the installment plan are the cheapest way to get tickets, especially if you can get a loyalty discount code. So surely the best way to do it is to buy a ticket early. If you've nobody to go with when summer rolls around or you don't like the lineup you can sell your ticket, probably for a profit. This is what I've been doing for years and it always works. Am I doing it wrong?

Id also argue that the lineup is largely irrelevant. If you go with a bunch of friends and the sun shines it's impossible not to have a good time. You'll discover new bands you've never heard of before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

MadYaker wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to me the logic in waiting for the lineup to be announced because I can't see it. Early bird tickets, or tickets on the installment plan are the cheapest way to get tickets, especially if you can get a loyalty discount code. So surely the best way to do it is to buy a ticket early. If you've nobody to go with when summer rolls around or you don't like the lineup you can sell your ticket, probably for a profit. This is what I've been doing for years and it always works. Am I doing it wrong?

Id also argue that the lineup is largely irrelevant. If you go with a bunch of friends and the sun shines it's impossible not to have a good time. You'll discover new bands you've never heard of before.

Most people here have their tickets, some missed out and are speculating whether it will be worth paying the full whack for (which it never is in my opinion)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

MadYaker wrote: »

I don't have my ticket yet. I didn't miss out, I decided to wait. At one point I was going to skip the festival entirely, then I decided I might change my mind depending on the bill.

Decided to hold off to see who was going to be announced because I go to EP each year and it can be an expensive weekend. Given that there are quite a few other things I want to do/go/see this summer (Springsteen, Stone Roses, Wilco, Pixies, Primavera, Euro 2016) then I think it is perfectly rational to want to see who is on the line-up before buying a ticket.

Sure, I can definitely sell the ticket if I get it at the cheaper rate, but then I also have to spend €150-€180 on the ticket before Christmas when I might have other things to buy. Paying €220 when I have might be easier than €180 when I have nothing.

Don't presume your circumstances apply to everyone.

I've been to quite a few Picnics and always enjoy it, but wanting a change of scenery is nothing unusual.

If some of my bucket list bands (Radiohead!) get announced, then I'll work it into my schedule somehow. If they don't, I won't. Simple as.

I think it is pretty **** form on the part of the organisers to exploit people's loyalty to the festival by selling tickets immediately afterwards, limiting the discount tickets to pre-announcement times and ending them before Xmas. That's my opinion, other people disagree.

But if you're telling me it is unreasonable to want to know 2 or 3 of the bands on the bill (like the adding of the War on Drugs, Belle & Sebastian, etc pre-Xmas 2014) before buying then you can f*ck right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Surely there are only a limited amount of Earlybird tickets, so therefore there's always going to be a large amount of people who have to buy full price tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

But if you're telling me it is unreasonable to want to know 2 or 3 of the bands on the bill (like the adding of the War on Drugs, Belle & Sebastian, etc pre-Xmas 2014) before buying then you can f*ck right off.

But that is how it is for a lot of the "big" festivals and especially festivals that know they will sell out.
    I've said it before but I think it's a sign of confidence from EP.

The way they are announcing bands this year may not suit everyone, but it's not going to stop them selling out this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement