Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Disappointed that Foals have announced Cork gig, although I'd take NGHFB in there place. LCD & NEW ORDER are my other two wants or wishes but I'm losing faith by the day...

Yea gutted over foals. Thought they had strong chance as they headlining reading/Leeds week before. Lcd and new order would b ace

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I can definitely see Noel Gallagher being one of the headliners for the Picnic, he is doing a spate of medium sized festivals and more or less fits into the same category that Blur filled last year. It looks like it either Friday or Sunday he plays Festival No 6, so possibly the Saturday main stage and probably followed by the Chemical Brothers, something like that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I can definitely see Noel Gallagher being one of the headliners for the Picnic, he is doing a spate of medium sized festivals and more or less fits into the same category that Blur filled last year. It looks like it either Friday or Sunday he play Festival No 6, so possibly the Saturday main stage and probably followed by the Chemical Brothers, something like that.
    Could see radiohead being the Saturday headliner (hopefully) Noel g would b good addition for the Sunday and keep day ticketers happy

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Could see radiohead being the Saturday headliner (hopefully) Noel g would b good addition for the Sunday and keep day ticketers happy

Wouldn't mind Radiohead either have never seen them before so would definitely go for a look. They are still big enough though to do standalone gigs, I suppose the same could have been said about Blur last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Jeaz never would have predicted foals in the marquee Cork!! That's an odd odd one! Promotion company warfare me thinks!

Bandsintown tells me Tame Impala are playing forbidden fruit this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

davywalsh7 wrote: »

Genuinely didn't think NGHFB were that popular? Certainly not a headliner, 2-3 levels down the bill in my view! Maybe a smaller stage headliner!

I've a feeling massive attack will be back this year! They have a new EP out + an EU tour. They're playing a festival in Croatia Aug 24th timing looks to suit.

Edit: Aha I can just picture it now! Balmy evening, main stage, athmosphere is just sheer anticipation, 'Teardrop' kicking off with a nice crisp turbo bass. Arrrggghhh take me there!!!!!

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Genuinely didn't think NGHFB were that popular? Certainly not a headliner, 2-3 levels down the bill in my view! Maybe a smaller stage headliner!

I've a feeling massive attack will be back this year! They have a new EP out + an EU tour. They're playing a festival in Croatia Aug 24th timing looks to suit.
    Yea I meant as maybe subbing the headliner on the Sunday or something. Just seems fairly possible he will be there as he's playing few dates close to it and has no Irish date announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Noel has headlined loads of festivals in the UK so not that surprising really. I'd love to see him added.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Under my EP order details on Ticketmaster, it says the following

Customer Name Card Type Charge Last 4 Digits Billing Address
    MR. **** **** €280.20 *** *****

I have had nothing taken from my credit card as of yet, but this would suggest that it has taken the 2nd installment for 2 tickets. Ive used the credit card in last few days and those transactions have appeared on my online banking statement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Do they get many of the benacassim acts usually or do they all usually end up at longitude?
    Would like to see disclosure, the 1975, chemical bros added!

I see kendrick Lamar and major laser alresdy at longitude, annoying as im not mad on going to that without the camping etc

• Advertisement

So is it possibly next Wednesday or Friday when the EP launch will happen, it will also be by the mid-month stage by then.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

srm23 wrote: »
    Do they get many of the benacassim acts usually or do they all usually end up at longitude?
    Would like to see disclosure, the 1975, chemical bros added!

I see kendrick Lamar and major laser alresdy at longitude, annoying as im not mad on going to that without the camping etc

If Muse do play , it wont be announced till after their gig id say(although with the 3Arena show already sold out maybe they could announce it earlier) same with 1975 they wont be announced till after their arena show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

What are the chances of flume and tama Impala playing EP now that they are playing forbidden fruit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Rfrip wrote: »
    What are the chances of flume and tama Impala playing EP now that they are playing forbidden fruit

Pretty unlikely.

Usually the crossover between the two festivals is limited to Irish acts who are in the country anyway.

For Tame Impala especially I would say it's not gonna happen at all. Played Picnic last year, FF this year - 3 gig in a year just doesn't happen often. Especially not three festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Pretty unlikely.

Usually the crossover between the two festivals is limited to Irish acts who are in the country anyway.

For Tame Impala especially I would say it's not gonna happen at all. Played Picnic last year, FF this year - 3 gig in a year just doesn't happen often. Especially not three festivals.

Such a shame, tama Impala were brilliant at EP last year

What I wouldn't rule out of the upcoming launch anyway. Just skimming some of the other festival bills occurring around the same time. Bestival 8th - 11th September, Festival No 6 1st - 4th September, Green Man 18th - 21st August.

Animal Collective (Bestival): (I'm quite surprised that they have yet not played the Picnic, they seem the perfect pedigree of act for the festival.)

Damian Marley (Bestival and Boomtown): Would be a great Sunday afternoon act.

The Human League (Bestival): Always seem to go down well at the Picnic.

Richie Hawtin (Bestival): Have still never seen his Plastikman show.

Noel Gallagher & HFB (Festival No 6): I reckon he will be announced.

Rock En Seine in Paris has still to announce their acts.

It looks like the Scottish B&S, Wickerman was cancelled this year, sometimes acts from this would appear at EP too.

White Denim (Green Man Festival): I can't remember if they played EP last year.

James Blake (Green Man)

Unknown Mortal Orchestra (Green Man)

Floating Points Live (Green Man)

Jagwar Ma (Green Man)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Lineup Prediction Time!

Foals - Faithless - LCD Soundsystem - Noel Gallagher
    Animal Collective - New Order - M83
    Catfish and The Bottlemen - Jack Garrett - Santigold
    Kaytranada - Wolf Alice - Slaves - Chairlift - The 1975 - Daughter

And I'll throw in PJ Harvey and Primal Scream as high profile runners :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

MattD wrote: »
    Lineup Prediction Time!

Foals - Faithless - LCD Soundsystem - Noel Gallagher
    Animal Collective - New Order - M83
    Catfish and The Bottlemen - Jack Garrett - Santigold
    Kaytranada - Wolf Alice - Slaves - Chairlift - The 1975 - Daughter

And I'll throw in PJ Harvey and Primal Scream as high profile runners :pac:

And hopefully One Direction can get their act together by sept

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Pretty unlikely.

Tame Impala are also playing in the US during EP weekend, so zero chance of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lc180

Line up for Lolapalooza berlin released this morning, lots of dodgy acts but it's the weekend after EP. Radiohead headlining. New Order playing too.

http://www.lollapaloozade.com/lineup-2016/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

CbPZRPpWcAAEOqn.jpg

Odesza could be a nice addition. I don't see Radiohead doing EP really. I feel like if Radiohead were booked, we'd miss out on like 3 acts of the calibre of Hot Chip, Tame Impala and Interpol etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

MattD wrote: »
    CbPZRPpWcAAEOqn.jpg

Odesza could be a nice addition. I don't see Radiohead doing EP really. I feel like if Radiohead were booked, we'd miss out on like 3 acts of the calibre of Hot Chip, Tame Impala and Interpol etc

Tbf, the festival has gotten some major acts in the last 2/3 years without compromising the undercard. Blur, Florence, Outkast, Portishead, etc would all be pretty expensive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

We must be due the announcement soon, this waiting thing is starting to get a little old...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Disappointed that Foals have announced Cork gig, although I'd take NGHFB in there place. LCD & NEW ORDER are my other two wants or wishes but I'm losing faith by the day...

i was told 2 names of bands headlining and they are LCD soundsystem & NEW ORDER

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

peteeeed wrote: »

Surely New Order headlining is a weak headliner?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I hope that's not true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Surely New Order headlining is a weak headliner?

Would have thought of them as a sub headliner but give it a few pints, nice sunny evening and the strains of blue monday banging out and suddenly they're perfect

dundundun de dundun duuuuun duuuuun duuuuuun etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

you're all insane or 16 , new order are a great headliner , did FF a couple of years ago and EP(best gig ive seen at ep bar arcade fire in the tent) a few years back plus a really good new album

• Registered Users Posts: 19,667 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Bernard Sumner has an awful voice at this stage - I saw him even years ago, "singing" regret on TGI Friday and it was cringeworthy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

No issue with New Order, they headlined Bestival a few years back. If they were second on the bill now that'd be a let down but they're as big name as Grace Jones or Underworld or any of those. This whole notion of Picnic having blockbuster headliners is a recent thing , to be honest i think the festival has become way too main stage focussed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement