Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,669 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

lbj666 wrote: »
    No issue with New Order, they headlined Bestival a few years back. If they were second on the bill now that'd be a let down but they're as big name as Grace Jones or Underworld or any of those. This whole notion of Picnic having blockbuster headliners is a recent thing , to be honest i think the festival has become way too main stage focussed.

I don't mind big headliners on the main stage. They tend to take the people away from the gigs I wanna see and therefore make it a more comfortable experience :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Cantaloupe

Disclosure just announced a dublin gig in June now as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

New Order are not my thing at all, but they are absolutely a headline level band.

New Order, LCD Soundsystem and Radiohead (if they were announced) would be a great line up - and a real, old-style Picnic one at that I would say!!

Disclosure and Foals both off the table now with their other gigs in Ireland.

C'mon EP, put us out of our misery!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Would really like Ms Harvey to be announced too, she could viciously beat me about the head with the loud angry stuff for 30 mins then softly sing me back to life for the remainder of the set and I would go bed happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Would really like Ms Harvey to be announced too, she could viciously beat me about the head with the loud angry stuff for 30 mins then softly sing me back to life for the remainder of the set and I would go bed happy

Now you are talking! Then she could head over to the main stage and do her duet with Thom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

New Order are not my thing at all, but they are absolutely a headline level band.

New Order, LCD Soundsystem and Radiohead (if they were announced) would be a great line up - and a real, old-style Picnic one at that I would say!!

Disclosure and Foals both off the table now with their other gigs in Ireland.

C'mon EP, put us out of our misery!!

Happy disclosure is off the list to be honest, i actually like their stuff but sadly they have fallen in to "but the crowd at that ...." category.

Dunno is it easy to say Radiohead is in tune with the picnic of old , think we always considered them too big for the picnics boots back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

MattD wrote: »
    Lineup Prediction Time!

Foals - Faithless - LCD Soundsystem - Noel Gallagher
    Animal Collective - New Order - M83
    Catfish and The Bottlemen - Jack Garrett - Santigold
    Kaytranada - Wolf Alice - Slaves - Chairlift - The 1975 - Daughter

And I'll throw in PJ Harvey and Primal Scream as high profile runners :pac:

That would be a good line up, say a lot of those are possible too. I'd love to see Chemical Brothers announced but not sure how likely they are, I was thinking one of Chemical Bros/Faithless/Disclosure might get announced for the big dance act and now with Disclosure playing in Kilmainham that leaves one of the other two, would enjoy either but have seen Faithless before (they were very good!). I'd think LCD are nailed on now that they still haven't announced any other Irish dates but I'm afraid of getting my hopes up too much. Santigold and New Order are another two that I have a strong feeling will be on the line up. I was thinking Foals as a headliner too but after announcing a gig in Cork this summer I'd be less sure.

Patiently waiting for this announcement but I have to admit I love this time of year where everyone is guessing who will play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't think LCD will be booked apparently their booking fee is supposed something outrageous like a million Euros, or something like that, top drawer festival material, plus Rob da Bank says they won't be playing Bestival.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

their booking fee is supposed something outrageous like a million Euros

Says who?

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Says who?

I heard from another festival organiser.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

I don't think LCD will be booked apparently their booking fee is supposed something outrageous like a million Euros, or something like that, top drawer festival material

Maybe he'll do a friends and family discount :D

Snarky Snark Snark

17716.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I don't think LCD will be booked apparently their booking fee is supposed something outrageous like a million Euros, or something like that, top drawer festival material, plus Rob da Bank says they won't be playing Bestival.

but they are playing lovebox , same capacity more or less as EP

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

peteeeed wrote: »
    but they are playing lovebox , same capacity more or less as EP

But Lovebox is in July...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

SmallBalls wrote: »
    But Lovebox is in July...

the argument was cost not when

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Aren't they playing the Paredes De Coura festival in Portugal, I can't imagine a festival of that standing and size could afford to shell out 1m Euro. That figure is probably in relation to Coachella and any subsequent appearances (perhaps the contract with AEG is in and around that).

When is EP going to give an inkling about the line up, its bad enough that the weather is sh1te as it is, but at least we can dream of balmy days with a line up to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

3rd March last year, 19th March the year before.

so probably another few weeks yet anyway.

Snarky Snark Snark

3rd March last year, 19th March the year before.

so probably another few weeks yet anyway.

The mofos responded to a randomer on their bookface site that

trRUBm4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Here some of my wish list -
    Muse
    Bloc party (new album coming out soon)
    Matt & Kim
    Run the jewels
    Skrillex
    ASAP rocky
    Justice
    Metric
    Cold War kids
    Chemical brothers
    Danny brown
    The strokes
    Editors
    R L grime
    Purity ring
    Death cab for cutie
    Crystal castles

NGHFB - never thought of these until people above mentioned him but I'd def go see them

NWA reunion (I know better chance of wining the lotto but an Ice cube solo set is doable)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd like to see Bloc Party if they promise not to play anything from the new album. It's out and it's fûcking dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Muse
    Matt & Kim
    Run the jewels
    Skrillex
    ASAP rocky
    Justice
    Metric
    Cold War kids
    Chemical brothers
    Danny brown
    The strokes
    Editors
    R L grime
    Purity ring
    Death cab for cutie
    Crystal castles

NGHFB - never thought of these until people above mentioned him but I'd def go see them

NWA reunion (I know better chance of wining the lotto but an Ice cube solo set is doable)

Already out. And it's ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Bloc Party album is already out and, to put it nicely, its not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Whhhhaaaatttt I missed that release , feck , thought it was out in March , they can play all the old stuff so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Hoping for:
    Radiohead
    New Order
    LCD
    Run the Jewels
    Pusha T
    Air
    Brian Wilson
    At The Drive In
    Massive Attack
    Chemical Brothers
    Chance the Rapper
    Danny Brown
    Death Grips

Oh man, have always wanted to see Air, Moon Safari is one of my absolute favourites, would be nice to see Massive Attack too.

Snarky Snark Snark

Oh man, have always wanted to see Air

Saw them in Olympia years ago, dull as fcuk live.

Pleasant chaps, pleasant music, but so goddamn dull

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

End of the Road Festival has announced some of its lineup, it's on the same weekend in the UK so it's a good bet there will be a lot of crossover with EP.
    Acts announced include....Joanna Newsome, Animal Collective, Cat Power, Bat For Lashes, Jeffrey Lewis, Goat.
    Not looking particularly exciting for me, except Thee Oh Sees, I hope they play EP

Saw them in Olympia years ago, dull as fcuk live.

Pleasant chaps, pleasant music, but so goddamn dull

I don't know, loved the footage of their Glastonbury stuff a good few year back, they have elements of dance in their music but have a construct similar to Pink Floyd, working on guitar, bass, keyboard and drum dynamics, so kinda proggy, rocky dance stuff.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

I don't know, loved the footage of their Glastonbury stuff a good few year back, they have elements of dance in their music but have a construct similar to Pink Floyd, working on guitar, bass, keyboard and drum dynamics, so kinda proggy, rocky dance stuff.

They might do but tbh, could as well have stuck the cd on and stayed in the bar

they have elements of dance in their music but have a construct similar to Pink Floyd, working on guitar, bass, keyboard and drum dynamics, so kinda proggy, rocky dance stuf

Noodlers, the word that sums that up is noodlers :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement