Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They might do but tbh, could as well have stuck the cd on and stayed in the bar

I thought they used quite a cool visual set up too, did they not have trippy lights or backdrop screens?

Actually just checked them out, well, looking at Moon Safari footage, yes, I would like to see them, funky and tight. I suppose self indulgent to others, but a nice sub headline act to get a cool, laidback spacey mood for the evening.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Saw Air at Oxegen in 2007, they were excellent. Deafening too, which was a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

peteeeed wrote:
    the argument was cost not when

Whether LCD play or not is the argument. Cost plays a part as does logistics, the fact the head honcho of bestival, which is a week after EP, says their deffo not playing doesn't bode well for picnickers. Hope I'm wrong but also hope EP don't spunk a load of money just to get them...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Saw them in Olympia years ago, dull as fcuk live.

Pleasant chaps, pleasant music, but so goddamn dull

I guess they were there to play the music.

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Whether LCD play or not is the argument. Cost plays a part as does logistics, the fact the head honcho of bestival, which is a week after EP, says their deffo not playing doesn't bode well for picnickers. Hope I'm wrong but also hope EP don't spunk a load of money just to get them...

If Rock En Seine in Paris announces LCD there might be a chance for the Picnic, still waiting on word of their launch too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

I know it's a little off topic but is anyone going to coachella this year?

I know it's a little off topic but is anyone going to coachella this year?

Maybe you'll have to start a Coachella thread. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Maybe you'll have to start a Coachella thread. :D

Some one already did (kinda)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94380749

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lc180

MattD wrote: »
    Lineup Prediction Time!

And I'll throw in PJ Harvey and Primal Scream as high profile runners :pac:

Looks like Primal Scream are headlining Sea Sessions in Bundoran in June. Not sure if its the only Irish appearance this summer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

SmallBalls wrote: »

Can't disagree with any of this really.

My thoughts regarding LCD being on the bill:

- We know James Murphy has a great relationship with the festival. You can't get rid of him - he's there every single year!

- If they don't play EP, where do they play in Ireland? Is the 3Arena enough for this comeback? What about the other outdoor gigs? Longitude and FF have announced, it would be hilarious but unlikely if they rocked up to Knockanstockan or Indiependence, and the standalone outdoor venues don't really suit - either too big or too small.

There is an appetite there. I reckon it's 100% down to the logistics. If they're still in Europe by then, they'll headline. I'd be stunned if they skipped Ireland entirely - people here LOVE LCD Soundsystem.

People have cited the cost and while it would be unlikely that EP would spend their big bucks on someone that doesn't have household name recognition, they have spent big on Outkast, Portishead, Blur and Florence in the last two years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

I'd honestly be shocked if LCD Soundsystem don't play

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I don't know, loved the footage of their Glastonbury stuff a good few year back, they have elements of dance in their music but have a construct similar to Pink Floyd, working on guitar, bass, keyboard and drum dynamics, so kinda proggy, rocky dance stuff.

They played Witness many moons ago, just before Justice, they were excellent, well worth a watvh if you are a fan at all

They played Witness many moons ago, just before Justice, they were excellent, well worth a watvh if you are a fan at all

Doubt Justice ever played Witness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Wooderson

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Doubt Justice ever played Witness

Seem to recall them playing the warehouse at Punchestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Can't disagree with any of this really.

My thoughts regarding LCD being on the bill:

- We know James Murphy has a great relationship with the festival. You can't get rid of him - he's there every single year!

- If they don't play EP, where do they play in Ireland? Is the 3Arena enough for this comeback? What about the other outdoor gigs? Longitude and FF have announced, it would be hilarious but unlikely if they rocked up to Knockanstockan or Indiependence, and the standalone outdoor venues don't really suit - either too big or too small.

There is an appetite there. I reckon it's 100% down to the logistics. If they're still in Europe by then, they'll headline. I'd be stunned if they skipped Ireland entirely - people here LOVE LCD Soundsystem.

People have cited the cost and while it would be unlikely that EP would spend their big bucks on someone that doesn't have household name recognition, they have spent big on Outkast, Portishead, Blur and Florence in the last two years.

People need to remember that LCD only ever played Tripod (apart from the Picnic), they've never played venues as big as the bands you've listed. I love them but not sure they'd even really be headline material and like it or not, cost will definitely come into it. I'd rather have 10 decent bands than all the money blown on LCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Wooderson

People need to remember that LCD only ever played Tripod (apart from the Picnic), they've never played venues as big as the bands you've listed. I love them but not sure they'd even really be headline material and like it or not, cost will definitely come into it. I'd rather have 10 decent bands than all the money blown on LCD.

I saw them play a tent at Oxegen. Twas deafening.

Wooderson wrote: »
    Seem to recall them playing the warehouse at Punchestown.

That was Oxegen then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

If coachella are breaking their arse to get them they are definitely headliners now.
    Like any band that finishes up prematurely there is an envitable growth in interest for a good few years after and the 3rd album didn't have that much time to grown on people . Add that, the film , the sustained profile murphy has kept from djing and producers, the "never thought we'd see them again" and the whole "trendyness" some people have to liking them and you have a pretty big name.

That tripod gig could have sold ten times over and the tent in 2010 was absolutely rammed the last time they played.

Its hard to gauge how exclusive this tour is meant to be, some odd dates in there and there is something very precarious about the whole thing. I wouldn't be shocked if they did or didn't play Ireland to be honest.

lbj666 wrote: »
    If coachella are breaking their arse to get them they are definitely headliners now.
    Like any band that finishes up prematurely there is an envitable growth in interest for a good few years after and the 3rd album didn't have that much time to grown on people . Add that, the film , the sustained profile murphy has kept from djing and producers, the "never thought we'd see them again" and the whole "trendyness" some people have to liking them and you have a pretty big name.

That tripod gig could have sold ten times over and the tent in 2010 was absolutely rammed the last time they played.

Its hard to gauge how exclusive this tour is meant to be, some odd dates in there and there is something very precarious about the whole thing. I wouldn't be shocked if they did or didn't play Ireland to be honest.

Yeah 2010 was pretty rammed in the Electric Arena for LCD, I wouldn't be bothered if they weren't announced as I have seen them three times now. Its very hard to top that first 2005 EP performance they done, that was stupendously good. The 2007 one was great as well all though they didn't do Someone Great which I hoped they were going to do. I wasn't a big fan of the third album and the EA was too rammed so went to the Little Big tent halfway through the LCD set to see the Bloody Beetroot's who were amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

I see John carpenter is touring his lost themes albums , that would be a great addition for EP , love to hear music from the thing or assault on precinct 13 in a dark tent buzzing ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I see John carpenter is touring his lost themes albums , that would be a great addition for EP , love to hear music from the thing or assault on precinct 13 in a dark tent buzzing ��

you would have to think he's go some sh!t hot visuals to go with that

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dobad

I bought EP tickets via the installment plan. The last payment was due at the start of Feb but still no money has gone off my credit card for them? Have any if you bought the same way or has your money gone for the tickets yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭leakyboots

dobad wrote: »
    I bought EP tickets via the installment plan. The last payment was due at the start of Feb but still no money has gone off my credit card for them? Have any if you bought the same way or has your money gone for the tickets yet?

My payment went through, €60 plus change, at the start of Feb. Best bet is give Ticketmaster a ring - I had a problem in the November payment where there wasn't enough money in my account and I wasn't going to be paid for a few days and I didn't ring them for nearly two weeks and yer wan just put the payment through over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dobad

Great thanks will give them a buzz so

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

looks like LCD will have an album out hopefully by EP

http://diymag.com/2016/02/16/lcd-soundsystem-have-signed-to-columbia-records

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Peesh89

Line up announcement is 2nd of March according to Facebook.. So much for mid feb :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Peesh89 wrote: »
    Line up announcement is 2nd of March according to Facebook.. So much for mid feb :(

It's less than two weeks away to be fair. Festival isn't for over 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

davywalsh7 wrote: »

but but but.....

we needs the drama and the fights and the flouncings with the names and the hatred of the whiners....

it nourishes the preciouses

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Peesh89

davywalsh7 wrote: »

You speak zee truth..I'm just being an impatient child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Day tickets onsale then too, for people who were asking before

We can’t wait to be reunited with you all in September. Save the date, line up announcement coming 2nd March! Weekend tickets and Sunday tickets will go on sale at 9am 2nd March.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement