Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

has anyone ever played both the marquee in cork and electric picnic in the same year? I'd love foals to be added but looks unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    has anyone ever played both the marquee in cork and electric picnic in the same year? I'd love foals to be added but looks unlikely.

Paolo Nutini did in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

sadie06 wrote: »
    Paolo Nutini did in 2014.

good to know, would love to see foals added, missed 3arena gig and cant make the cork one, poxy tuesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    good to know, would love to see foals added, missed 3arena gig and cant make the cork one, poxy tuesday night
    Might see Foals as part of Belsonic, which announces next Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,578 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So is it 2nd March yet, what were the announcements? :D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I think Paolo Nutini clashed with St Vincent in 2014.

My God, she was glorious.

If we are throwing out names then I'm going to say Polly Jean Harvey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

everlast75 wrote: »
    If it's the first 3 albums I will be happy...

If they play the first album and then fcuk off I'll be happy(ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Ha ha hilarious!! Good one ;)
    ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

They're not a fan of of monsters and men and trying to belittle u for liking them . I'd like to see monsters of men meself at it , be a good addition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

New Fever Ray album on the way. http://www.nme.com/news/fever-ray/91623

Brilliant news. She was superb both times I saw her. Actually prefer Fever Ray to any of the Knife albums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

They're not a fan of of monsters and men and trying to belittle u for liking them . I'd like to see monsters of men meself at it , be a good addition
    I thought as much. There's some real dickhead views of what's "cool" and what's not "cool" music wise on this thread in the last couple of years.

Leave them to it I suppose.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Brilliant news. She was superb both times I saw her. Actually prefer Fever Ray to any of the Knife albums.

Yeah Fever Ray made that Sunday night in the Electric Arena, I presume you were at the Oxegen one too the year before where they had FR playing in the Dance Arena with only a few hundred in the audience. I always liked Silent Shout and I did like some of Shaking the Habitual by the Knife but Fever Ray was more of an actual live act. I don't think they will make EP this year but by the time the next year comes around hopefully they are fully touring this next album.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Wow Fever Ray was one of the main reasons I got my ticket in 2010 and went to E.P for the first time!

Excellent news!

I went down on my own and slept in a friends porch that year.... Got super soaked on the last night that year but totally worth it :)

Yeah Fever Ray made that Sunday night in the Electric Arena, I presume you were at the Oxegen one too the year before where they had FR playing in the Dance Arena with only a few hundred in the audience. I always liked Silent Shout and I did like some of Shaking the Habitual by the Knife but Fever Ray was more of an actual live act. I don't think they will make EP this year but by the time the next year comes around hopefully they are fully touring this next album.
    Yeah very strong recollection of a mass exodus from the dance arena as soon as she started up. Poor choice putting her in there anyway, the only actual live band on there all weekend, and sandwiched in between the likes of Yuksek and Hudson Mohawke. The EP set was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I thought as much. There's some real dickhead views of what's "cool" and what's not "cool" music wise on this thread in the last couple of years.

Leave them to it I suppose.

I'm not a fan, but each to their own, I thought you were being sarcastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Kanye West headliner plz

MadYaker wrote: »
    Kanye West headliner plz

:eek: I suppose you didn't see him last night on that Daft Punk programme on BBC4, jeeeeez!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

:eek: I suppose you didn't see him last night on that Daft Punk programme on BBC4, jeeeeez!

His glastonbury performance was brutal, had to laugh when bbc 2 was showing his set at the festival and a huge amount of viewers turned over to watch Suede (who were amazing!!!), Suede for me at EP 2016, yes please :D

MadYaker wrote: »
    Kanye West headliner plz

The Glasto set was pure egotism and I'm not sure what he was on (or off) during the non-American side of his Yeezus tour but he can be great live. The Watch The Throne tour is still on of the best gigs I've ever seen, on a par with Daft Punk 06/07, Rage Against the Machine 08 or Fleetwood Mac in 2013 for me.

Hey how come no one is talking about Electric Picnic today, is because everyone is at mass or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

We're waiting for names to spunk our hate and bile at

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Hey how come no one is talking about Electric Picnic today, is because everyone is at mass or something?

Jaysis, relax your cacks dude. has Aphex Twin taken out a barring order on ye and now you're barking orders in here? LOL
    No news I would imagine. Another few weeks and spent talking about possibilities. Only so much the wheel of expectation turns before you get back to the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Faithless playing Kilmainham in July so that's them ruled out I presume

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Faithless playing Kilmainham in July so that's them ruled out I presume

nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Full line up and tickets on sale march2nd according to radio. News talk are already advertising they tend attendance

Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »
    News talk are already advertising they tend attendance

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they have a tent in the mindfield area.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

The Chemical Brothers seem like a good shout now

Snarky Snark Snark

they have a tent in the mindfield area.

Ah, their tents attendance.

sorry, brain no worky good today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

The Chemical Brothers seem like a good shout now

Fantastic! They could provide me my yearly 'oh my God…this is amazing...I feel amazing, everyone looks amazing, therefore I must look amazing'…moment.

A 3am horrified stare into the mirror brushing my teeth post-Orbital a few years back proved that no matter how amazing I feel…no, no I don't look amazing. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement