Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

MJohnston wrote: »
    I've all my fingers crossed. Wouldn't mind a 2 for 1 and have Modeselektor on there too, whens the last time they played in Ireland? I remind FF a few years ago.

They are playing a sold out show in Vicar Street in April, but that doesn't mean they wont make an appearance (Moderat that is).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'd really like to see Jack Garratt pop up maybe at Other Voices or something, seen him on the show about 3 weeks ago and haven't been able to get enough of him. Would be great if Glen Hansard popped up again, was devestated I missed him last year

Seen him last year and one of my highlights , Cant wait for the Olympia gig aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Never heard of LCD Soundsystem. Seen as everyone has been tipping them to headline thought i'd check them out. Will be very disappointed if they headline tbh not appealing whatsoever to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I think Paolo Nutini clashed with St Vincent in 2014.

My God, she was glorious.

If we are throwing out names then I'm going to say Polly Jean Harvey.

St.Vincent was Sunday, he clashed with London Grammar on Sat night, LG were glorious!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,578 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Never heard of LCD Soundsystem. Seen as everyone has been tipping them to headline thought i'd check them out. Will be very disappointed if they headline tbh not appealing whatsoever to me.

If they are announced its nothing you can control dude but just remember there will be fifteen other stages to choose from, so there is bound to be something that you will like too that is on around the same time or thereabouts. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

frantic190 wrote: »
    They are playing a sold out show in Vicar Street in April, but that doesn't mean they wont make an appearance (Moderat that is).

i way prefer modeselektor to moderat, think moderat songs are a bit boring.

they kinda played ireland last year with siriusmodeselektor at life festival. saw them at glastonbury, they were class

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Direct from 'a little bird'; LCD & Radiohead are both definites.

That should spur on a bit of ticket purchasing post announcement. Bet this one sells out faster than any previous year. Maybe it'll also shift the balance a bit more back into old farts territory, and stall the recent growth in hot pants and cocktails merchants?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Radiohead were a big reason Primavera sold out so quickly, I could see EP selling out fairly quick too.
    Going to take that tip with a strong lump of salt, we get these guesses every year and they're almost always wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I will be a very happy boy if its Radiohead.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Radiohead were a big reason Primavera sold out so quickly, I could see EP selling out fairly quick too.
    Going to take that tip with a strong lump of salt, we get these guesses every year and they're almost always wrong.

Feel free to ignore, but it's not a guess. I was happily surprised at the Radiohead news, completely unsurprised at LCD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Pet Shop Boys have new new album coming out. The 1st track is pretty good.
    i'd imagine they'll play. Ditto for PJ Harvey and New Order.

I'd like to see Courtney Barnett, Daughter, Kurt Vile, John Grant, !!!, White Denim, Chemical Brothers, Cat Power, Bat For Lashes.

Radiohead would be amazing, not getting my hopes up just yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Castlepalooza announcement is fantastic this year.

Caribou, J5, Villagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I'm hoping to see 'MONEY' added. Top notch Manchester band who are playing end of the road festival and have yet to play Ireland as far as i'm aware.

Two quality albums under their belt and meant to put on a pretty good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

alastair wrote: »
    Feel free to ignore, but it's not a guess. I was happily surprised at the Radiohead news, completely unsurprised at LCD.

So you're 100% certain? Care to elaborate on the source?

maximoose wrote: »
    So you're 100% certain? Care to elaborate on the source?

Couldn't do that, but I've every confidence that they're reliable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

That should spur on a bit of ticket purchasing post announcement. Bet this one sells out faster than any previous year. Maybe it'll also shift the balance a bit more back into old farts territory, and stall the recent growth in hot pants and cocktails merchants?

my experience of "little birds" is that they promise more than they deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

So the little birds have now confirmed LCD (twice), Radiohead and New Order.

That is the overwhelming rumour so no surprise in any of those being touted by so-called 'in-the-know' people.

Luckily we don't have to wait much longer to get an answer to it.

My only thinking with that trio as headliners is that is represents a step back toward EP of 3/4 years ago. I'd welcome it, but it'd be a surprise after having at least one prominent pop headliner the last two years to not do the same again this year. Outkast, Florence, Sam Smith, etc draw in huge crowds and have altered the demographic of the festival a little.

I would be thrilled with LCD and Radiohead (can't fuxking STAND New Order) but I can imagine some of those who were there the last 2 years may not be as enamoured. That is, of course, unless we have a 4th headliner alongside them with a bit more mainstream appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

Radiohead I can take or leave, who knows what set they'll play.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

posted that a few weeks ago about LCD and New order as nailed on playing

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

The Chemical Brothers, NGHFB and LCD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

.... stall the recent growth in hot pants and cocktails merchants?

kill the cocktails, keep the hotpants please...

us old farts do appreciate them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

at this stage, cannot tell the difference between them and r2d2 having a seizure

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I'm hoping to see 'MONEY' added. Top notch Manchester band who are playing end of the road festival and have yet to play Ireland as far as i'm aware.

Two quality albums under their belt and meant to put on a pretty good show.

Thought I was the only Irish fan!

Real shame they've never played here yet. Would love to see them at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

To be honest if they shocked everyone and churned out a greatest hits set i'd be disappointed.

Its 2016 , not 2001, the whole furore over Radiohead live shows vs mixed reaction has passed long ago. Everyman and his dog at this knows what not to expect from from one of their gigs at this stage.

I'll believe the rumour of that trio when i see it, Picnic aren't known for breaking their arse for getting hard to get acts like Radiohead and a reformed LCD. The lack of a pop act adds to my sceptitism but New Order have been put in the tent before so there would still be room for one if money was no object.

I'd love for a reshift in demographic now that the festivals future and financial standing is pretty secure but i dunno is it gonna happen.

Hopefully Noel Gallagher isn't one of those announced. Could do without the lads on tour that will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

lbj666 wrote: »
    To be honest if they shocked everyone and churned out a greatest hits set i'd be disappointed.

Its 2016 , not 2001, the whole furore over Radiohead live shows vs mixed reaction has passed long ago. Everyman and his dog at this knows what not to expect from from one of their gigs at this stage.

I'll believe the rumour of that trio when i see it, Picnic aren't known for breaking their arse for getting hard to get acts like Radiohead and a reformed LCD. The lack of a pop act adds to my sceptitism but New Order have been put in the tent before so there would still be room for one if money was no object.

I'd love for a reshift in demographic now that the festivals future and financial standing is pretty secure but i dunno is it gonna happen.

Not bothered about their greatest hits but don't want to stand around and listen to tracks that didn't make the album(s) either. There's a happy medium that they just don't bother with. That's their prerogative, but I can take or leave it.

Not bothered about their greatest hits but don't want to stand around and listen to tracks that didn't make the album(s) either. There's a happy medium that they just don't bother with. That's their prerogative, but I can take or leave it.

If they're playing 20+ songs and 2-3 are non-album tracks, that's hardly a bad ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

no doubt if they are annouced they will probably have creep playing on the radio ads :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

lbj666 wrote: »

at primaverasound they are playing the new album

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

General sale begins in 5 days.............i'd expect a few acts to be announced

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement