Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Pet Shop Boys have new new album coming out. The 1st track is pretty good.
    i'd imagine they'll play. Ditto for PJ Harvey and New Order.

I'd like to see Courtney Barnett, Daughter, Kurt Vile, John Grant, !!!, White Denim, Chemical Brothers, Cat Power, Bat For Lashes.

Radiohead would be amazing, not getting my hopes up just yet though.

The 4 gigs in London in July will be their only live events this year ( or so they say )

If radiohead headline i'll be like tommy tiernan down the back of the bus in Fr Ted !

I'm looking forward to the 90's cheese tent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

General sale begins in 5 days.............i'd expect a few acts to be announced
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

lbj666 wrote: »
    I'd love for a reshift in demographic now that the festivals future and financial standing is pretty secure but i dunno is it gonna happen.

w4aS9B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Not bothered about their greatest hits but don't want to stand around and listen to tracks that didn't make the album(s) either. There's a happy medium that they just don't bother with. That's their prerogative, but I can take or leave it.
    er, Radiohead generally playing almost all album tracks and plenty of singles, usually a few from pre-Kid A.
    a "happy medium" is pretty much exactly what they do as they play several of the post-Kid A singles too. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Radiohead, Noely G, AND New Order? I wish, phat chance of that happening!!

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Hopefully Noel Gallagher isn't one of those announced. Could do without the lads on tour that will follow.

Was thinking about this, not so sure that the shouty louty crew would be into his stuff as much as his brothers. (Could be well wrong on that)

Was thinking about this, not so sure that the shouty louty crew would be into his stuff as much as his brothers. (Could be well wrong on that)

I saw Noely G four times last year (I'm a moron, you see). His fans in Manchester were your stereotypical parka wearing, haircut crew.

His fans at his three Irish shows were borrowed from the Ocean Colour Scene fan club. He'll bring as much trouble as Florence did.

I'd be more worried about those modern drug users doing cake and then crying all the water out of their bodies while listening to dance and/or rave musak.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

Never heard of LCD Soundsystem. Seen as everyone has been tipping them to headline thought i'd check them out. Will be very disappointed if they headline tbh not appealing whatsoever to me.

agree, they are dull as fcuk.

Snarky Snark Snark

His fans at his three Irish shows were borrowed from the Ocean Colour Scene fan club. He'll bring as much trouble as Florence did.

That's sort of what I was thinkin...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 neilo87

Trolls are out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,578 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When was the last time AIR actually played Ireland, I see they've added dates now to July and are playing Field Day festival in the UK, surely they wouldn't skimp on Ireland.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 neilo87

Radiohead/LCD/New Order/Hot Chip/
    James/The Shins/Spoon/PJHarvey/
    Richard Ashcroft/Angel Olsen/
    Titus Andronicus/Sharon Van Etten/
    Hamilton Leithauser/Albert Hammond Jr/
    Explosions in the Sky/Super Furry Animals/
    Chairlift/Polica/Beach House/Editors/
    Bicep/Midland/BenUFO/Laurent Garnier/
    Green Velvet/Kerri Chandler/Surgeon/

^^Somewhat out of the loop with recent trends^^

But just a snippet of what I'm expecting for Wednesday next.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

er, Radiohead generally playing almost all album tracks and plenty of singles, usually a few from pre-Kid A.
    a "happy medium" is pretty much exactly what they do as they play several of the post-Kid A singles too. :confused:

They play whatever they're in the mood to play on the night. You might get lucky and catch them on a good night. You might not and then get caught listening to 30 minutes of dial-up noise.

They play whatever they're in the mood to play on the night. You might get lucky and catch them on a good night. You might not and then get caught listening to 30 minutes of dial-up noise.
    no, you wouldn't. i doubt you've ever seen a Radiohead gig if you think that.

20+ songs, numerous singles, almost all album tracks, the odd new song/b-side.
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/radiohead-bd6bd12.html

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mgkelly

neilo87 wrote: »
    Radiohead/LCD/New Order/Hot Chip/
    James/The Shins/Spoon/PJHarvey/
    Richard Ashcroft/Angel Olsen/
    Titus Andronicus/Sharon Van Etten/
    Hamilton Leithauser/Albert Hammond Jr/
    Explosions in the Sky/Super Furry Animals/
    Chairlift/Polica/Beach House/Editors/
    Bicep/Midland/BenUFO/Laurent Garnier/
    Green Velvet/Kerri Chandler/Surgeon/

^^Somewhat out of the loop with recent trends^^

But just a snippet of what I'm expecting for Wednesday next.

Wow! I'd take a few of those, sir!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Thankfully Editors are headlining Indiependence, so they're out

no, you wouldn't. i doubt you've ever seen a Radiohead gig if you think that.

20+ songs, numerous singles, almost all album tracks, the odd new song/b-side.
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/radiohead-bd6bd12.html

Just looked at the top 3 setlists there. Those are weak setlists in comparison to what they could churn out. You obviously love them, not everyone does, hence why I said I could take or leave them. I'd have zero interest in listening to their album filler when their later singles haven't been jaw dropping anyway. Those are weak setlists in comparison to what they could play.

What about the Chilis? Touring other parts of the Irish Isles in the July, August, September period.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

What about the Chilis? Touring other parts of the Irish Isles in the July, August, September period.

Chillis could sell out Croker or the Aviva on their own - EP would be a step down for them, at least financially, anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Any loyalty tickets going again this year?

Snarky Snark Snark

Have a look at the Ep website for the ticket info but I'm pretty certain that ship sailed a long time ago

Yup, confirmed, ship has sailed and docked on other side of world by now
    "The loyalty ticket offer for Electric Picnic 2016 ended on November 2nd 2015. This was the only loyalty offer available for this year's festival."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

budgemook wrote: »
    Any loyalty tickets going again this year?

Out of luck!

Tickets for Electric Picnic 2016 will be back on sale at 9am Wednesday 2nd March from Ticketmaster.
    Please note family weekend camping, standard campervan/caravan and family campervan/caravan tickets are now SOLD OUT.

The Electric Picnic 2016 loyalty ticket and early bird ticket offers have now ended. Weekend camping tickets and Sunday day tickets will go back on sale at 9am 2nd March. First line up announcement coming 2nd March

Snarky Snark Snark

Deadlie wrote: »
    Chillis could sell out Croker or the Aviva on their own - EP would be a step down for them, at least financially, anyway.

At this stage would they? Still popular but I think they'd be pushing it for that scale. Solo gig in Marley Park I would have thought?

Pretty much all the gigs listed on their site are festivals (they are headline acts) which must be less risky than a stadium tour in terms of ticket sales.

Just looked at the top 3 setlists there. Those are weak setlists in comparison to what they could churn out. You obviously love them, not everyone does, hence why I said I could take or leave them. I'd have zero interest in listening to their album filler when their later singles haven't been jaw dropping anyway. Those are weak setlists in comparison to what they could play.
    no, i don't particularly love them, but you said that there was no "happy medium" between a set of greatest hits or tracks that didn't make the albums. those setlists are exactly that, loads of album tracks and a few singles/greatest hits.
    there is no "30minutes of dial-up nonsense".
    their sets aren't full of loads of obscure tracks.

so you just don't have a clue what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

At this stage would they? Still popular but I think they'd be pushing it for that scale. Solo gig in Marley Park I would have thought?

Pretty much all the gigs listed on their site are festivals (they are headline acts) which must be less risky than a stadium tour in terms of ticket sales.

Ireland is their special case though -we bought Californication so well that 2/3 homes in Ireland had a copy of it when it came out. They're nostalgic and have a hardcore base. I'd imagine they'd easily sell most of the Aviva if not all.

Besides, they're not really EP's style, are they?

no, i don't particularly love them, but you said that there was no "happy medium" between a set of greatest hits or tracks that didn't make the albums. those setlists are exactly that, loads of album tracks and a few singles/greatest hits.
    there is no "30minutes of dial-up nonsense".
    their sets aren't full of loads of obscure tracks.

so you just don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I can totally see what draws you to them.

I was at the Chilis (and more so Noel) in Croke Park in 2012 (or maybe it was 2011) and the pitch was sparsely filled, the canal end was empty.

Whatever about Marlay, they wouldn't sell out Croker by maybe 20,000.

Snarky Snark Snark

Deadlie wrote: »
    Ireland is their special case though -we bought Californication so well that 2/3 homes in Ireland had a copy of it when it came out. They're nostalgic and have a hardcore base. I'd imagine they'd easily sell most of the Aviva if not all.

Besides, they're not really EP's style, are they?

Source on the sales? From the albums wiki page, it got as far as #4 in the charts here (I know, it's not an indication of how long it sold well for) but there's no listing for certification for Ireland.

Edit : I trust these ****ers as far as I can throw them but they've not got any RHCP listed in the twenty best selling albums here, which if 2/3 homes had a copy, would tend to suggest it would be there?

http://www.dailyedge.ie/top-20-the-best-selling-albums-in-irish-history-462033-Jun2012/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

When did it sell out last year? Won't be able to get a ticket for a while

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement