Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

D.Q wrote: »
    When did it sell out last year? Won't be able to get a ticket for a while

I wouldn't judge this year by last years sale. 2013 I missed out on a ticket by hours and that was about a week before. I'm pretty sure last year sold out much earlier. Its also going to depend on who gets announced on Wednesday to drive the ticket sales.
    I missed out on the loyalty tickets cos I was going to get mine in November before they changed the end date for purchasing. So getting my ducks in a row for Wednesday. Its also just after payday this month.
    Personally i'd say try and get on it or prepare for disappointment. Just my opinion though and they could be on sale for a few more months yet. Who knows. I just know I'm not risking missing out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Just looked at the top 3 setlists there. Those are weak setlists in comparison to what they could churn out. You obviously love them, not everyone does, hence why I said I could take or leave them. I'd have zero interest in listening to their album filler when their later singles haven't been jaw dropping anyway. Those are weak setlists in comparison to what they could play.

Those are weak setlists if you think of Radiohead as the band that wrote Creep and The Bends. If you're a fan of the band beyond what you heard in '96, those are all cracking setlists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I wouldn't judge this year by last years sale. 2013 I missed out on a ticket by hours and that was about a week before. I'm pretty sure last year sold out much earlier. Its also going to depend on who gets announced on Wednesday to drive the ticket sales.
    I missed out on the loyalty tickets cos I was going to get mine in November before they changed the end date for purchasing. So getting my ducks in a row for Wednesday. Its also just after payday this month.
    Personally i'd say try and get on it or prepare for disappointment. Just my opinion though and they could be on sale for a few more months yet. Who knows. I just know I'm not risking missing out again.

April will be my first opportunity really. Hopefully still on sale then

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Here's someone who could make the main stage if he's around, don't think he's played Ireland since 2011 in the Academy...he's on the radio now every 5mins, looks good live, could lift da house...

I feel your pain. April would be miles better for me as well financially but :eek:

• Advertisement

If Radiohead are announced by prepared for it to sell out sooner than usual. Primavera doesn't usually sell out til much closer to the date, this year weekend tickets and Friday (Radioheads headline slot) sold out a few weeks after the announcement. There's a big demand for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Here's someone who could make the main stage if he's around, don't think he's played Ireland since 2011 in the Academy...he's on the radio now every 5mins, looks good live, could lift da house...

Or1wyE

BadTurtle wrote: »
    If Radiohead are announced by prepared for it to sell out sooner than usual. Primavera doesn't usually sell out til much closer to the date, this year weekend tickets and Friday (Radioheads headline slot) sold out a few weeks after the announcement. There's a big demand for them.

Thats why I'm getting prepared. Gonna wait and see who gets announced first. Not really bothered about Radiohead myself, love them on record but saw them years back and it didn't leave a lasting impression. But well aware of their draw and deffo want to go.
    If its a weaker announcement i'll leave it till April.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

What bout using the instalment plan? Might be an option for you and better than shelling out close to €250 in one go if ur stuck for cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Hopefully that's still an option, but I remember reading somewhere it's not available anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Deadlie wrote: »
    RHCP...Besides, they're not really EP's style, are they?

no act would surprise me at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Those are weak setlists if you think of Radiohead as the band that wrote Creep and The Bends. If you're a fan of the band beyond what you heard in '96, those are all cracking setlists.

Oh yeah, sure no one ever heard anything off Ok Computer:D

D.Q wrote:
    Hopefully that's still an option, but I remember reading somewhere it's not available anymore

Yes if you go onto the ep site the installment plan is available again. First payment 85 then second payment in may then June of 75.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭beecee

Oh yeah, sure no one ever heard anything off Ok Computer:D

See BadTurtle. He listened all the way up to 1997!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

When was the last radiohead gig here, it wasn't the punchestown ones was it?
    I kinda said before that the picnic don't really do coups but lcd and them would be very big ones. Usual big coups here get their own gig here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Malahide Castle in 2008 was the last, great day that was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

The last played in Malahide Castle in June in 2008. Very good gig, Bat for Lashes played support.

RDS in 97 has to be my favourite Radiohead gig, it was mental. Brilliant support playing that day too, Teenage Fanclub and Massive Attack, great show altogether..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

The last played in Malahide Castle in June in 2008. Very good gig, Marina and The Diamonds played support.

RDS in 97 has to be my favourite Radiohead gig, it was mental. Brilliant support playing that day too, Teenage Fanclub and Massive Attack, great show altogether..

Ah ok , that ones been erased from my memory

beecee wrote: »
    See BadTurtle. He listened all the way up to 1997!!! :rolleyes:

I was being sarcastic, Jee-sus, you Radiohead fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The last played in Malahide Castle in June in 2008. Very good gig, Marina and The Diamonds played support.

bats for lashes

peteeeed wrote: »
    bats for lashes

D'oh thanks for that, always getting those mixed up, cheers :)

I was being sarcastic, Jee-sus, you Radiohead fans.

You seem to think not playing anything off OK Computer or The Bends is them being contrarian. Kid A and In Rainbows are considered two of the best albums of this century so far by most critics, its not exactly disappointing for the setlist to be loaded with those tracks. That's ignoring that fact that Amnesiac, King of Limbs and Hail to the Thief are all popular albums in their own right, but are considered "less" than the others simply for not reinventing the wheel. As I said, if they're playing 15-20 songs and a couple are b-sides or non album tracks, thats fair enough of a band going over 20 years.

That's why I said I can take them or leave them, yeah? A lot of people who will buy tickets if Radiohead are announced will probably buy tickets for the 3-4 albums that Radiohead are well known for and a lot of people would be left disappointed with a lot of those setlists. No me personally, like I said I can take them or leave them

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

It's nothing new that a band touring an album play the majority of it and no surprise(s, badoooooomtish) that a set is quite heavy on recent material, if to keep it interesting for the band alone. Their encores are a mixture of old and new. Surely something there for all level of fan?

If they are announced, let's hope they don't do a 'Low'. http://www.stereogum.com/1385251/lows-alan-sparkhawk-defends-droning-one-song-festival-set/news/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

That's why I said I can take them or leave them, yeah? A lot of people who will buy tickets if Radiohead are announced will probably buy tickets for the 3-4 albums that Radiohead are well known for and a lot of people would be left disappointed with a lot of those setlists. No me personally, like I said I can take them or leave them

can you feckers please agree to disagree.

Simple fact is Radiohead will would drive ticket sales. Personally have never seen them before, have a passing interest and will pop over Sunday evening for a while and try a find a spot around the main stage where there aren't people having a chat. Then I'll move back to my regular haunts where people go for the music rather than the "being there" factor. Not a comment on Radiohead, more the main stage headline act crowd every night last year ...

Don't get me started on the "Hey, can I get up on your shoulders?" questions. I'm not even that tall. Please don't be offended if I don't want to carry your 9 stone frame on my already tired shoulders. I'm having enough trouble carrying myself around ..

/end rant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Thought I was the only Irish fan!

Real shame they've never played here yet. Would love to see them at EP

Ha, sounds like it'll just be myself and yourself in the tent then. I'd be very surprised if they weren't added. Although, that's based on nothing but optimism & blind faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

tuppence worth, if it is radiohead, not a fan of the 00s+ stuff on disc at all but in fairness they are quite formidable live and a lot of the bleepybloopy stuff sounds very different in that context, saw them in the old point depot and it was very enjoyable.

PadraigOK wrote: »
    It's nothing new that a band touring an album play the majority of it and no surprise(s, badoooooomtish) that a set is quite heavy on recent material, if to keep it interesting for the band alone. Their encores are a mixture of old and new. Surely something there for all level of fan?

If they are announced, let's hope they don't do a 'Low'. http://www.stereogum.com/1385251/lows-alan-sparkhawk-defends-droning-one-song-festival-set/news/

That reminds me, Low played at EP last year, unfortunately for them, their slot was scheduled in around the same time that Blur was playing, must have been only around 20 people or so that turned up to watch them perform. Along with this they were sandwhiched between 2 dance acts that were playing in other tents either side , so their intimate sessions were nearly droned out by the loud base sounds. Alan Sparhawk at one stage started mockingly nodding his head to the base from one of the tents, the missus Mimi Parker, didnt look too impressed when she saw him doing that .....:P...............having said that, i actually enjoyed the gig....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I'll take Radiohead any way I can get them: rocky, folky, bleepy bloopy. It's all good!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement