Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Why not? The April gig is sold out so makes no difference to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 limerickgirl16

Catfish and the bottlemen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Frank Carter accidentally leaked a R&L poster earlier with a few more names that haven't been announced yet.

would like to get Die Antwoord, PARTYNEXTDOOR, The Internet, Haim, Anderson Paak and ASAP Rocky

6tJq8tv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Die Antwoord, funky, funny, intriguing and utterly terrifying at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

would love to see highly suspect at the picnic

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

I've no doubt we'll see a lot of things that are highly suspect at the picnic

(badumm tish, thannku very much ladies and gentlemen, i'll get my coat now)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Boooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

LCD/Muse/Radiohead would def sell a **** loads of tickets. Really hope Chilis dont play (but they are pretty much confirmed to do T-Vital) seen them at Oxegen in 06 and bored me , plus the last album was pretty ****e.

Imo that's not a great reason to not want them to play though - I really detest their music but I wouldn't want to take away the opportunity for fans to hear them. That said, they just strike me as completely the wrong kind of act for the Picnic's crowd, and I would very much doubt they will be on the line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Never heard of LCD Soundsystem. Seen as everyone has been tipping them to headline thought i'd check them out. Will be very disappointed if they headline tbh not appealing whatsoever to me.

Pmsl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I was going to do a serious lineup prediction for Wednesday but I'm afraid I'll jinx it and none of the decent bands will play. Very superstitious about festivals. So I'll do a worst case scenario (of touring acts) instead:
    Coldplay Kings of Leon Linertines Macklemore
    1975 Catfish and the Bottlemen Sam Smith Imagine Dragons
    Jack U Fetty Wap Courteeners The Vaccines Martin Garrix
    James Bay Clean Bandit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I was going to do a serious lineup prediction for Wednesday but I'm afraid I'll jinx it and none of the decent bands will play. Very superstitious about festivals. So I'll do a worst case scenario (of touring acts) instead:
    James Bay Clean Bandit

Mission accomplished there.

Holy **** need to be announced along with LCD and Radiohead to make it the best announcement in all my years of attending.

Snarky Snark Snark

Hope the Kaiser Chiefs get added, then I can predict a riot

(badumm tish mk#2)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Hoping for some Bloc Party

Bloc Party could be a good shout actually, they're doing a lot of festivals but no Irish date yet AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Went to see The Gloaming on Saturday night and I'd seriously be hoping for an appearance by them.

Absolutely stunning gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Mission accomplished there.

Holy **** need to be announced along with LCD and Radiohead to make it the best announcement in all my years of attending.

This would be epic .. New tune on soundcloud is great.. new album out in May. Still think they might turn up at B&S .. or maybe B&S at EP. Either would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

James Bay Clean Bandit

id take the Libertines any day of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I'm thinking (and wishing) that M83 will be booked for EP. They're playing a gig in France the weekend before EP and no other tour dates have been announced that weekend so could be a possibility.

Die Antwoord, funky, funny, intriguing and utterly terrifying at the same time

I thought Die Antwoord were that annoying South African pop-rap act that abused that Apex Twin sample and which are none of the adjectives that you mention.

Thought I must be mixing them up with someone else. Checked youtube... no, I was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I thought Die Antwoord were that annoying South African pop-rap act that abused that Apex Twin sample and which are none of the adjectives that you mention.

Thought I must be mixing them up with someone else. Checked youtube... no, I was right.

They re kind of a bizarre/novelty act. Kind of have the same sort attraction of say major lazer until diplo totally turned them to ****.

• Advertisement

lbj666 wrote: »
    They re kind of a bizarre/novelty act. Kind of have the same sort attraction of say major lazer until diplo totally turned them to ****.

Ah fair enough... I just find them contrived and dull and without any novelty. But I am getting old and probably don't get the irony.

Snarky Snark Snark

Depends on tastes, I think they tick the boxes of all those attributes.

Mad as a box of sonic frogs

ya anything a bit off the wall is to be welcomed, what used be considered eclectic is now the festival norm and becoming a bit tiresome, So much so body and soul threw and hardcore punk/hip hop act at midnight friday last year (Ho99o9)

Ho99o9 were brilliant craic.

I can't imagine them being "utterly terrifying" to anyone over the age of 5... or maybe a nervous Jack Russell.

Except that in fact they are not, but merely performing as such.

anyway ... let's agree to disagree and move on ..

Ho99o9 were brilliant craic.

I can't believe that we are comparing Ho99o9 with Die Antwoord .. Stop this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

I can't believe that we are comparing Ho99o9 with Die Antwoord .. Stop this now!

this is weird...its almost as if people have different tastes!

after 5 years of looking at this thread I'm convinced this is the year everyone will agree on the perfect lineup...i'll start......The Killers

....anyone????

Ha i know but my point being so of the more off the wall stuff should be encouraged , regardless of eh? quality.
    Off course that leeway should not extend to the electric ireland tent

lbj666 wrote: »
    Ha i know but my point being so of the more off the wall stuff should be encouraged , regardless of eh? quality.
    Off course that leeway should not extend to the electric ireland tent

I agree ... the more diversity the better ... So disappointed I missed Ho99o9 last year, but delighted to learn that they are playing B&S this year ...

Hey look, I think we are agreeing :)

• Advertisement

paulieeye wrote: »
    this is weird...its almost as if people have different tastes!

after 5 years of looking at this thread I'm convinced this is the year everyone will agree on the perfect lineup...i'll start......The Killers

....anyone????

Yeah sure, why not ... I guess they would be a decent opener for the Rankin's Wood Sunday morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement