Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I can't believe that we are comparing Ho99o9 with Die Antwoord .. Stop this now!

had never heard of ho9909 before.

had a listen

yeah, they're no fun at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Hey look, I think we are agreeing :)

Get a room you two :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

lbj666 wrote: »
    They re kind of a bizarre/novelty act. Kind of have the same sort attraction of say major lazer until diplo totally turned them to ****.

Really enjoyed Major Lazer in 2009 or 2010, great craic really entertaining!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nowyertalking

FRANK OCEAN would be majorly unreal if they could get him. Keeping such a low profile but music is starting to get leaked after a listening party which could mean his album is on the way with a possible tour being announced also. Wishful thinking... CHANCE THE RAPPER would make for a good weekend act

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't know about you guys but I really wish Jon Hopkins was playing again this year, I'm not sick of him yet,

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

FRANK OCEAN would be majorly unreal if they could get him. Keeping such a low profile but music is starting to get leaked after a listening party which could mean his album is on the way with a possible tour being announced also. Wishful thinking... CHANCE THE RAPPER would make for a good weekend act

Chance the Rapper would be great.

Would love to see a bit more rap/hip-hop at EP. That and metal (Im not a fan but...) are about the only two things lacking from the bill en masse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

They would be great. Not sure either are touring though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Apparently Biffy Clyro are doing Reading/Leeds, could put them in with a shout, although they're doing Belfast in June.

Frank Carter accidentally leaked a R&L poster earlier with a few more names that haven't been announced yet.

would like to get Die Antwoord, PARTYNEXTDOOR, The Internet, Haim, Anderson Paak and ASAP Rocky

6tJq8tv.jpg

The poster has been confirmed on Twitter by Biffy Clyro in announcing themselves as the final headliner.

I think it's a pretty weak bill - gambling on several smaller acts to make the step up at once in Biffy, Foals, FOB, Disclosure. It could work, but could fall flat too.

Wouldn't expect Biffy Clyro on an EP lineup these days.

• Advertisement

I don't know about you guys but I really wish Jon Hopkins was playing again this year, I'm not sick of him yet,

And Paul Kalkbrenner please. Both were quality last year.

Getting very excited about tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Chance the Rapper would be great.

Would love to see a bit more rap/hip-hop at EP. That and metal (Im not a fan but...) are about the only two things lacking from the bill en masse!

Don't think there's been much jazz at Picnic over the years, not in recent years anyway. Someone like Gregory Porter (I know he's playing the Olympia twice in April) would be great in the Electric Arena.

leakyboots wrote: »
    Don't think there's been much jazz at Picnic over the years, not in recent years anyway. Someone like Gregory Porter (I know he's playing the Olympia twice in April) would be great in the Electric Arena.

Would there be enough people interested in something so niche? The EA is huge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

some more names for Green Man
    CcdB0BDUkAEvwGA.jpg

Julia Holter, Kamasi Washington and Julianna Barwick would be great.
    King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is a great name, must check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

This is the first time since 2010 that I don't have a ticket for picnic..
    I'm getting so anxious that the line up is gonna be great and then i'll have to go :(

This looks interesting and would be a nice addition to EP, the Iggy Pop and Josh Homme collaboration on the album Post Pop Depression. Iggy hasn't played EP since 2007, one of my main highlights from that year, an incredible gig. http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/arts/music/iggy-pop-josh-homme-post-pop-depression.html?_r=3&referer=http://found.ee/PPD_NYTimesExclusive

Snarky Snark Snark

Would love Iggy Pop

If you've never seen it, Henry Rollins on Iggy, it's long so take a bit of time during lunch, well worth it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOjjY-Pp_og

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Would love Iggy Pop

If you've never seen it, Henry Rollins on Iggy, it's long so take a bit of time during lunch, well worth it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOjjY-Pp_og

Any mention of his insurance selling skills in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FrewBrews

I could see/would like to see Big Grams being announced. That's the collaboration project between Phantogram and Big Boi. They've been touring together lately and Big Boi has played EP before with Outkast.

• Advertisement

Big Boi was decent that year. André 3000 is a prick though, may as well not have turned up

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Julia Holter, Kamasi Washington and Julianna Barwick would be great.
    King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is a great name, must check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

mimimcmc wrote: »
    This is the first time since 2010 that I don't have a ticket for picnic..
    I'm getting so anxious that the line up is gonna be great and then i'll have to go :(

Yep, for your sake, we're all hoping it's a shíte lineup

Synode wrote: »
    Would there be enough people interested in something so niche? The EA is huge

Yeah probably too big alright, one of the other tents perhaps. Anyway, won't happen but he was just an example. You see Kamasi Washington popping up at lots of other mainstream European festivals, but couldn't see Picnic ever booking him. Maybe there's just not enough people interested like you said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Yeah probably too big alright, one of the other tents perhaps. Anyway, won't happen but he was just an example. You see Kamasi Washington popping up at lots of other mainstream European festivals, but couldn't see Picnic ever booking him. Maybe there's just not enough people interested like you said

B&S have St. Germain and BADBADNOTGOOD if they count as jazz in your book.. probably as close to jazz as you are likely to see at summer festivals in Ireland ...

Snarky Snark Snark

ZCzvV7

Have EP announced what time the announcement is coming tomorrow?

I would expect around midday but haven't seen it anywhere so just want to know when I need to be refreshing my Twitter feed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'd be a bit underwhelmed by LCD and New Order to be honest. Muse would be decent though.

But two thoughts comfort me
    1) The headliners were never the real attraction for me to the EP - the rest of the bands more than made up for it
    2) the last couple of years I've been run ragged getting from point a) to b) so if there aren't as many bands that I want to see this year, it might make it less stressful :D

Have EP announced what time the announcement is coming tomorrow?

I would expect around midday but haven't seen it anywhere so just want to know when I need to be refreshing my Twitter feed!!

Yeah its normally at 12 pm.

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'd be a bit underwhelmed by LCD and New Order to be honest. Muse would be decent though.

But two thoughts comfort me
    1) The headliners were never the real attraction for me to the EP - the rest of the bands more than made up for it
    2) the last couple of years I've been run ragged getting from point a) to b) so if there aren't as many bands that I want to see this year, it might make it less stressful :D

The Saturday and Sunday headliners weren't announced until starting of May last year, so you might have to wait a while for some of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement