Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Is it a bit unusual for it not to be known with about 80% certainty that at least a few bands are playing before the announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Is it a bit unusual for it not to be known with about 80% certainty that at least a few bands are playing before the announcement?

Apart from Electric Ireland confirming Rick Astley for the 90's tent, I haven't heard of any other confirmed.

http://tinyurl.com/www-electricireland-ie-topic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

The Saturday and Sunday headliners weren't announced until starting of May last year, so you might have to wait a while for some of them.

Florence was on the first major announcement. Blur were announced in may, they were never that late announcing such as big name ever before, i think they held back announcing them because either they were still selling discounted tickets (not the case this year) or blur made a last minute decision to get some festivals in off the new album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Apart from Electric Ireland confirming Rick Astley for the 90's tent, I haven't heard of any other confirmed.

http://tinyurl.com/www-electricireland-ie-topic

Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I've been away for a few days, have we moved away from Radiohead and Noel Gallager?

Is it going to be LCD, and New Order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Probably a safe bet he's on the list tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Do people think this well sell out straight away at 9am?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

Would it be more likely for the lineup to be announced at 9 the same time tickets go on sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

siblers wrote: »
    Do people think this well sell out straight away at 9am?

Can't see it being that fast. At least not until the acts are actually announced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I've been away for a few days, have we moved away from Radiohead and Noel Gallager?

Is it going to be LCD, and New Order?

Was it not mostly just you saying Noel Gallagher?

LCD seems to be the only sure thing. Could be any of New Order, Muse, Chemical Brothers, Massive Attack, could be none of them. Radiohead are a hard group to second guess. Have they ever played an Irish festival before?

Arcade Fire were among the big names announced today for Panorama festival in NYC in July so that could bring them into the mix. Would be a huge disappointment though, can't see what the fuss is about them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

please no chili peppers
    please no chili peppers
    please no chili peppers

etc......

How much are Sunday Tickets?

Snarky Snark Snark

Weekend camping tickets €234.50 (on sale from Ticketmaster at 9am 2nd March.)
    Family Weekend camping tickets are sold out.
    Sunday day tickets €90 (on sale from Ticketmaster at 9am 2nd March.)
    Campervan/Caravan + Car passes are sold out.
    Family Campervan/Caravan + Car passes are sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 llewelynmoss

Wait will this sell out quickly?

I was hoping to wait a few weeks before buying a ticket.

Snarky Snark Snark

might do, might not, crystal ball is on the fritz at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Air would be nice!!

Snarky Snark Snark

hah! there's a festival called blue balls!

That's wonderful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Wait will this sell out quickly?

I was hoping to wait a few weeks before buying a ticket.

Can see it personally, it would take a mega mega act.

In saying the above I do think it's heading the way of Glastonbury where tickets are sold out before a single act is announced. A cult following (me included) and growing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Ragin about the loyalty tickets this year, just assumed they'd be back on sale again now. Then again I've availed of them every year til now so can't complain too much.

I'd also be very shocked if it sold out ASAP. We've come a long way from the Oxegen ticket sales of '08 where 80k would sell in a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Was it not mostly just you saying Noel Gallagher?

Not as I remember it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 A Shopkeeper

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Air would be nice!!

I think they'll be there. With Sleaford Mods, Lapsley, Miike Snow and Fat White Family :)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

TxFm have it on their Twitter page that they are "the Dublin radio station for electric picnic. Join us on Twitter from 2pm for lineup announcement" so I'm guessing tickets will go on sale with the line up announced later in the day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love a real shock/random headliner to be announced that no one expected (in a good way :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

neddynono wrote: »
    TxFm have it on their Twitter page that they are "the Dublin radio station for electric picnic. Join us on Twitter from 2pm for lineup announcement" so I'm guessing tickets will go on sale with the line up announced later in the day.

Tickets are on sale at 9am according to EP on Facebook.

Would love a real shock/random headliner to be announced that no one expected (in a good way :) )
    http://createlineup.com/poster.php?id=57591

Has Calvin Harris ever played Picnic, he seems to have a gap in his schedule between the 2nd and 9th of September. He's doing T in the park and Creamfields.
    Is he big enough to headline?

He hasn't played since he became a pop star anyway, and I doubt that's going to change any time soon. Thankfully they haven't started booking the EDM nasties yet.

Ah I wouldn't mind seeing him and hardwell in action. Dimitri from Vegas and Afrojack and a few more of them ssdj's as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

No hope in Calvin Harris playing EP

• Advertisement

I'm afraid you'll be disappointed - most of those are unlikely to be booked by any festival in Ireland now that Oxegen is gone, Dimitri from Paris aside.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement