Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

cab15 wrote: »
    Dare I throw Craig David into the ring

I actually wouldn't mind him. Stick him on the mainstage after the gospel choir or the trinity orchestra, would be a good way to start the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭kg703

cab15 wrote: »
    Dare I throw Craig David into the ring

That actually might be a possibility!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

not saying it's a new thing, just there's a marked increase in people seemingly primarily there for for a piss-up, over the last few years.

I've noticed that too, but i think it might be because I'm older and fuddy duddier.

Either that or the youth are total assholes nowadays. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

Does anyone know how many Sunday tickets they sell? I ask because the place just explodes on Sunday afternoon. Also, Sunday tickets have sold out what seems to be like in seconds and we still have no indication of line up? Seems a bit odd for them to sell out unless there are not that many this year? Got my weekend camping ticket anyway but a few friends disappointed re Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Broken Social Scene and Super Furries announced for Festival No. 6. Now those two would be welcome additions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Tried the phone line there as well nothing..wonder is it a glitch..how long before they sold out last year.
    Doubt it's a glitch, could be a combination of
    a) bots
    b) demand
    c) not releasing all sunday tickets at once

Sunday tickets officially sold out.
    Nice marketing strategy to release so few. Lots of panic buying of weekend tickets with fomo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Oh man I'd love Broken Social Scene so much.

3pm is a hell of a wait - dammit EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Broken Social Scene and Super Furries announced for Festival No. 6. Now those two would be welcome additions.

that would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Sunday tickets officially sold out.
    Nice marketing strategy to release so few. Lots of panic buying of weekend tickets with fomo

fomo?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cab15

fomo?

Fear of missing out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I'm really hoping for The Kills. New album in June, touring most of this year but haven't announced any Irish shows yet.

I'm most excited about LCD Soundsytem (if they are not announced we might as well call the whole thing off :P), Radiohead would be great, also hoping for PJ Harvey, Chemical Brothers, Courtney Barnett.

Was hoping for Floating Points but he's doing B&S so unlikely. Very much looking forward to Body & Soul @ Picnic Line-Up.

4 hours to go... tick tock... tick tock... c'moooooonnnn!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

"FOMO"...That's a thing now? Jesus wept.

Bootsy. wrote: »
    I'm really hoping for The Kills. New album in June, touring most of this year but haven't announced any Irish shows yet.

I'm most excited about LCD Soundsytem (if they are not announced we might as well call the whole thing off :P), Radiohead would be great, also hoping for PJ Harvey, Chemical Brothers, Courtney Barnett.

Was hoping for Floating Points but he's doing B&S so unlikely. Very much looking forward to Body & Soul @ Picnic Line-Up.

4 hours to go... tick tock... tick tock... c'moooooonnnn!!! :)

Playing Longitude so wouldn't expect her to be at EP unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Heard a very strong rumour for the Chemical Brothers to be announced today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭paulbok

maximoose wrote: »
    "FOMO"...That's a thing now? Jesus wept.

Been a thing for a long time, before the faceybook thing even.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Libertines and Chemical Brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Hot Chip playing Festival No 6 in Wales that weekend. I'd love if they played. I'm sure most people have seen them before but I just really got into them in the last couple of months. I've actually seen them before at Longitude but didn't appreciate them at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Can't see Hot Chip at EP two years in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Gorillaz, Radiohead and SFA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

alastair wrote: »
    Can't see Hot Chip at EP two years in a row.

they must have hit maximum saturation point at this stage with festivals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Mr.S wrote: »
    Sticking to my guns and going with LCD / Muse / New Order or Chemical Brothers as the 3 headliners.

Expecting M83 to be high up the bill too.

And then your usual MSMR, Chvrches, 1973 etc etc.

Lineup should drop between now and just after lunch.

Anyone going to launch tonight? Someone shout something boards related and we can be music snobs over free drink and canapés

Chvrches at longitude

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

noo, give me more Hot Chip please!
    Also, the drummer Sarah Jones is playing with NZCA Lines (feat. Charlotte Hatherley). The album is great and would be ideal for EP.

Final prediction:

Radiohead / LCD Soundsystem / Chemical Brothers
    New Order / Animal Collective / M83 / Super Furry Animals
    Bastille / Echo & the Bunnymen / Jagwar Ma

Something like that?

I reckon there'll be some more pop stuff too but I'm bad at guessing that, and a host of Irish stuff but it might come later in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

never underestimate the lack of imagination of the EP bookers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Quiet Girl

Got weekend tickets this morning and booked a tipi in Pink Moon, anyone stayed there before? What's it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Quiet Girl wrote: »
    Got weekend tickets this morning and booked a tipi in Pink Moon, anyone stayed there before? What's it like?

Ya, they are great. Are you in a 2 man or 4 man tipi?
    We stayed in a 2 man and it was plenty big. Room to stand up too which was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Pink Moon is amazing!! So well worth the money. We are going back again this year and have booked a bellepad with Podpads. You wont regret booking Pink moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Tipis are very spacious, was in one last year and it was well worth the money. The two person one has enough room for two people on just one side of it.

Ya, they are great. Are you in a 2 man or 4 man tipi?
    We stayed in a 2 man and it was plenty big. Room to stand up too which was nice.

Booked a 2 man, it's just me and my boyfriend going, can't wait now!

• Advertisement

frantic190 wrote: »
    Tipis are very spacious, was in one last year and it was well worth the money. The two person one has enough room for two people on just one side of it.

Ah brilliant, thanks so much, well worth the money so :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement