Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

some more Festival No.6 additions this morning:
    CciKivhW8AAahUJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

My prediction is they only announce two headliners today

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

What's the best luxury camping for a couple? Price and quality based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

lc180 wrote: »
    My prediction is they only announce two headliners today

Last year they announced Florence and Underworld on day one, with Blur and Sam Smith coming later. It was the first time they did it, but you may be right.

The consensus was that Blur hadn't been finalised, but it can also give a boost to ticket sales which may have slowed a little to hold back something big like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Well announcement day so time to roll up my sleeves and dive back into this thread.

I have tickets and camping sorted since September last year but I must say other than LCD Soundsystem - who Ive known were booked for some time back in 2015 (sworn to secrecy until now) - Im not as excited as I have been on other announcement days.

Rumours are thin on the ground. Other than that I am hearing Muse - who I actively dislike - , The Juan Maclean, PJ Harvey, Bat for Lashes I am not sure there will be much else to get me excited.

However, am hoping to be hugely wrong and will be giddy as a school girl by 2:46pm today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I must say other than LCD Soundsystem - who Ive known were booked for some time back in 2015 (sworn to secrecy until now)

How may I ask did you know? They only reformed in late 2015 so were they booked immediately?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

wacotaco wrote: »
    What's the best luxury camping for a couple? Price and quality based.

Id go with Pink Moon or Podpads which are in Pink Moon too. Great set up, camp site is great and has the Cracked Pepper bar and restaurant. Check out their fb page too.
    We booked a Bellepad from Podpads this year as we loved Pink Moon so much.

Facilities are great too with loads of showers and a pamper area to dry and straighten your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

andreac wrote: »
    Pink Moon is amazing!! So well worth the money. We are going back again this year and have booked a bellepad with Podpads. You wont regret booking Pink moon.

feck, taking about PM is a good reminder, just paid the rest of me pink moon bill, all bills paid for this, just need to empty the coin jar at home which will be bulging by late august to pay for beer/food/misc. sundries...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Well announcement day so time to roll up my sleeves and dive back into this thread.

I have tickets and camping sorted since September last year but I must say other than LCD Soundsystem - who Ive known were booked for some time back in 2015 (sworn to secrecy until now) - Im not as excited as I have been on other announcement days.

Rumours are thin on the ground. Other than that I am hearing Muse - who I actively dislike - , The Juan Maclean, PJ Harvey, Bat for Lashes I am not sure there will be much else to get me excited.

However, am hoping to be hugely wrong and will be giddy as a school girl by 2:46pm today
    rarely tour, and finished touring the new album last year with only 1 US gig this year planned for Arpil, so I'd be very surprised.
    John doing a DJ set is about the only thing I could see happening.
    would absolutely love an actual live gig though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Is it too late to start throwing in made-up rumours?

My mate just saw Thom Yorke at Dublin airport - they're definitely playing.

Ian Curtis was having a pint in The Palace on Fleet Street last night. It's not New Order playing. IT'S JOY DIVISION!!

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    How may I ask did you know? They only reformed in late 2015 so were they booked immediately?

They actually reformed in August 2015, decision was made then and they immediately booked Coachella, then released new material in December 2016 on Xmas day. A very close friend of mine who lives and works in LA and writes for Consequence of Sound and is a close friend of a band member and he told me.

I pretty much guessed back then they would play picnic and had it confirmed by the same source in December. They were booked for Coachelle in September long before any announcements

rarely tour, and finished touring the new album last year with only 1 US gig this year planned for Arpil, so I'd be very surprised.
    John doing a DJ set is about the only thing I could see happening.
    would absolutely love an actual live gig though.

I saw them last year at Primavera and thought it was too soon for another tour this year but it could be a DJ set, just a rumour a heard. There's plenty of rumours going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I really hope it's not ****ing Muse.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Too much criticism of other peoples music taste in this forum. Let's instead get excited about acts we want to see at EP!

this! It's pathetic but always the way. Puts me off posting

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

feck, taking about PM is a good reminder, just paid the rest of me pink moon bill, all bills paid for this, just need to empty the coin jar at home which will be bulging by late august to pay for beer/food/misc. sundries...

What's the crack links in pink moon, wandered in a few times and it just seemed a bit sedated compared to the madness out in the other ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

What's the crack links in pink moon, wandered in a few times and it just seemed a bit sedated compared to the madness out in the other ones?

I had a great time. The difference is that the craic (i.e. the drunks singing at 4am) do so in the bar/food area, rather than around the tents. Result? People who want to have fun have fun, people who want to sleep, sleep.

I won't be back to regular camping in a hurry!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Its much better. Most of the other sites are mental!! I just couldn't go back to staying in normal campsites again after staying in Pink Moon.

But you can't just wander in to Pink Moon? You needed a wristband and they were very very strict about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Its like waiting for exam results to come out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Except this is much more important

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I'd take the madness and unpredictability of the normal campsites for us homely folk any day :P

• Advertisement

I'd take the madness and unpredictability of the normal campsites for us homely folk any day :P

With you on that one, can't beat random madness. Your a lot closer to the forest as well which can be bonkers altogether : )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Any or all of LCD, Radiohead, Air, Animal Collective, Super Furries, Action Bronson, Ezra Furman, Steve Mason, John Carpenter, PJ Harvey, James Holden, Savages, Moderat and er, Prince, Bowie & Kate Bush please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I can't do 3 day benders without sleep anymore. I got at least 6 hours each night in Pink Moon last year which was well worth the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

HausOfTony wrote: »
    this! It's pathetic but always the way. Puts me off posting

I agree. Live and let live. However, people will and should be criticised for suggesting the likes of Calvin Harris might be announced. That's just a total misunderstanding of EP's music policy for the past 12 years.

To quote the man himself, it would have been acceptable in the noughties (when he was somewhat interesting).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

What's the crack links in pink moon, wandered in a few times

Eh without the wrist band, how?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

frantic190 wrote: »
    Heard a very strong rumour for the Chemical Brothers to be announced today.

Expecting that Girls Names and King Kong Company will also make an appearance on this announcement:

I agree. Live and let live. However, people will and should be criticised for suggesting the likes of Calvin Harris might be announced. That's just a total misunderstanding of EP's music policy for the past 12 years.

To quote the man himself, it would have been acceptable in the noughties (when he was somewhat interesting).

Random speculation, we've had a bunch of names thrown up but I mentioned a gap in his schedule and everybody looses their mind.

If he's not Electric Picnic material I really don't know what is..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Bang on the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Random speculation, we've had a bunch of names thrown up but I mentioned a gap in his schedule and everybody looses their mind.

He's certainly no better or worse than Fatboy Slim musically anyway (RIP Big Beat), but as a headliner he'd be an absolutely rubbish disappointment. He's not that level, unless you're Belsonic or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

I have butterflies bouncing around in my stomach at the thoughts of this lineup announcement. It's crazy! !
    Have to keep reminding myself the festival itself is still six months away :(
    I'm hoping for LCD Soundsystem... I think it's almost a definite now but hope we're not all wrong!!! Would love the chemical brothers, bloc party and new order too :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement