Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Would be beautiful if they brought in Body & Soul's free flow drink policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Iang87 wrote: »
    what time do the bars close in the arena. Never been either but the woman wanted to go so planning this far out for drink is vital

They were open until 12 on the Friday and Sunday I think. And 2am on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭barry181091

MJohnston wrote: »
    Depends what you mean by 'a load'. 48 cans (or the vague equivalent in spirits) into the campsite, none into the arena before the bars close.

I thought the campsite/arena were all the one. Its just fields in the end :o So there is no sneaking in drink around the place?

I thought the campsite/arena were all the one. Its just fields in the end :o So there is no sneaking in drink around the place?

We got in with loads on the Friday (from Pink Moon) and early on the Saturday. Then some Nazi took over the gate and was finding everything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Synode wrote: »
    They were open until 12 on the Friday and Sunday I think. And 2am on Saturday

Ah i see i see. I may have to take up a different vice if thats the case. 6.75 isnt an option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Mr.S wrote: »
    I have never seen that enforced (48 can rule) / and sure you can leave and come back again with drink!

Yeah, I know, I'm just going by the book so this person doesn't end up disappointed because we were too liberal ;)

Sure, I'm in a campervan myself, might just convert the engine to run on booze.

unMtkxw.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

you are only allowed bring 24 cans with you for the weekend in total though i believe. so I'd spend have to spend way more in the end on drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

campsite and arena are distinct spaces sparated by strict(ish) security controls checking for booze (they will steal your drugs also apparently).

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

We got in with loads on the Friday (from Pink Moon) and early on the Saturday. Then some Nazi took over the gate and was finding everything

Was that the wee Scottish granny? She was unreal, like a hip flask sniffer dog

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Yeah, it's miles better, although in that case they're really strict at the gate itself, and you can't make multiple booze runs over the weekend.

Still, I praise the lord below for the invention of Orchard Thieves, because if you weren't a beer drinker in previous years, the bar situation was awful (and probably even if you were)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

T minus 1800

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

What time is the lineup expected to be announced?

Was that the wee Scottish granny? She was unreal, like a hip flask sniffer dog

Yep. I got past her with cans in my hood and thought I was great only for her to grab me 5 seconds later. She was getting everything.

Bags of wine are probably the easiest to get through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    What time is the lineup expected to be announced?

2.45 on txfm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Yep. I got past her with cans in my hood and thought I was great only for her to grab me 5 seconds later. She was getting everything.

That oul bastard..I got by her wearing a can box on my head as a hat. She didn't realise there was 4 cans in it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    That oul bastard..I got by her wearing a can box on my head as a hat. She didn't realise there was 4 cans in it haha

I managed to sneak in capt morgans down my welly in the little kids pouches. She found some that i had stuff down the back of my jeans lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Got little tiny triple wrapped sandwich bags with the guts of a 70 of vodka in no bother all weekend. Once you get in then you can just buy a bottle of coke and a pint and then you're sorted for a container and mixer.

I only got the hipflask of whisky in by giving it himself as the lad was much less vigorous in his searching.

Between 2:45-3

Surprised it hasn't trickled out sooner

Ive messaged a friend who is a DJ at TXFM and is down there right now for the announcement. Nothing is getting out, he doesn't even have it yet and its 8 mins to go. And he would tell me what he knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

There are usually a few fake posters knocking about on Facebook.

I haven't seen any this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I have 4 pages open all being refreshed, boards, twitter, facebook and their website. Excited much?? :D:D

In the past you used get people tweeting the Press Release before the embargo :D shame[/QUOTE

Yep, he says they are being fierce cagey, very different this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

A free flow system once your inside the festival would be ideal, people would still buy at the bar as you can only carry so much drink, ala b&s

Works extremely well at Glastonbury also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Boards crashing on anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

giphy.gif

I'd love a few 80s acts. Was loads in 2014 but not as good a selection last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Boards crashing :(

There are usually a few fake posters knocking about on Facebook.

I haven't seen any this year.

There was a good one for Body & Soul a few weeks back but ya I've not seen any for EP this year, thankfully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

14:45 my hole.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement