Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

according to ep website:
    ...and Broken Social Scene all make their inaugural appearances in Stradbally this September.

pretty sure Broken Social Scene played 2006? anyone remember that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Since EP have already made the poster, new acts won't be announced for a few months so. Disappointed that M83 aren't on the line-up and no decent rock band announced. Happy with The Chemical Brothers though.
    No decent rock band? SFA, Savages, Wolf Alice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

according to ep website:

Yep, was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Remember last year (maybe 2014) someone asked for Lana Del Rey on EP Facebook page and the reply was something like "if that's your taste, I don't think this festival is for you".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Very happy with LCD Soundsystem and New Order anyway.

Ticket bought!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

eSc9lRG.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Well i'm off to Indiependance anyway. Enjoy everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Why don't people like Lana Del Rey?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

OK it is official, that lineup is doing nothing for me. I can't get excited for chem bros or LCD, have seen both of them tons of times.

New order, so so, haven't listened to them in 20 years.

The kids will want to see Lana del Ray...

I'm going to have to do some educating of my music tastes methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

according to ep website:

Wasnt there but unless they pulled out, they were on the list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Picnic#2006_festival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    OK it is official, that lineup is doing nothing for me. I can't get excited for chem bros or LCD, have seen both of them tons of times.

New order, so so, haven't listened to them in 20 years.

The kids will want to see Lana del Ray...

I'm going to have to do some educating of my music tastes methinks.
    Headliners are never the best of it.
    Wild Beasts, Broken Social Scene, Animal Collective, Todd Terje, Super Furries will all be good. Although Animal Collective can be tempramental and might hand pick their most inaccessible stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Thank fcuk for that. Was really hoping for more today.

EDIT: really don't like moaning.....

Mr.S wrote: »

I thought as much, as I was there. Thought i was losing my mind for a minute. Love that self titled album from them. Only just realised they had an album in 2010, must check that out... tbh I thought they had disappeared. Delighted to see their name today... maybe Bran Van 3000 in next announcement ;)

/puts on Broken Social Scene eponymous album... bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Anybody got the spotify playlist made yet!?

Made a simple one here: https://open.spotify.com/user/matthewjohston/playlist/7iUf2hJo0IrgaQFCOoX1Lo

Just one popular song from everyone.

**** I can't wait for LCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭lurleen lumpkin

No mention of red bull stage on the poster and they aren't listed as a sponsor at the foot of the main website either :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Gutted.

No Calvin Harris.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

No mention of red bull stage on the poster and they aren't listed as a sponsor at the foot of the main website either :/
    come to think of it, they're not on that radio ad that lists various areas either. they'll probably still be there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

As an initial line up, very happy with that. It's a bit dance heavy at the top of the bill but as I'm massive fans of LCD and the Chem Brothers I'm not too upset. New Order could be good, and I actually don't mind Lana Del Rey despite the moaning, I'll probably go see her. It's certainly an improvement on Sam Smith (not that it was possible to get much worse).

Glass Animals/Wolf Alice both excellent acts and always put on a good show. Savages, Todd Terje, HAIM all good and I'm sure there's a lot on there that I haven't heard yet which I'll also enjoy.

Now I just need to finance a ticket. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

maximoose wrote: »
    Where's my Radiohead?!

Not in that announcement for sure - but my little bird was quite clear they're playing. Let's wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

So another summer of asking is it just todd terje by himself, which I am sure it is.

Good announcement in my view but mostly because of the reliëf of hearing lcds name. Chemical Bros can do late saturday night everyyear for all I care, theyve done it the best.

Id say the radiohead ship has sailed sadly.

• Advertisement

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Of course he was spoofing. He hadn't a clue.

Never claimed to have any 'clue' about bookings tbh. The person who told me does however. No interest in spoofing. Thanks for your thoughts though. :rolleyes:

alastair wrote: »
    Not in that announcement for sure - but my little bird was quite clear they're playing. Let's wait and see.

as I said already ...
    my experience of "little birds" is that they promise more than they deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭paulbok

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Why don't people like Lana Del Rey?

to the tune of video games;

Boring in the morning,
    boring in the evening,
    boring all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

Do relatively big Irish acts play EP that often? I know Coronas were added at the last minute last year so was wondering if there could be someone like Kodaline or Walking on Cars this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Fairly happy with the line up, not ecstatic, but fairly happy.

IIRC, the better bands (for me) are after the initial announcement.

I've yet to have a poxy time at the EP and so if people don't wanna go, that's their prerogative.

I, for one, cannot ****ing wait :D

No chance. If EP had booked Radiohead it would be in the initial announcement.

Just like Blur were?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Am I going to have to go abroad to see Radiohead now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 phuckphace

I thought as much, as I was there. Thought i was losing my mind for a minute. Love that self titled album from them. Only just realised they had an album in 2010, must check that out... tbh I thought they had disappeared. Delighted to see their name today... maybe Bran Van 3000 in next announcement ;)

/puts on Broken Social Scene eponymous album... bliss.

Listen to their second album 'You Forgot It In People' - blows BSS out of the water, it's amazing.

Very happy with that so far, ticket bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

But...Radiohead

We have 3 headliners already, so IMO it is very doubtful.

I'd say New Order are on a par with Manic Street Preachers, and they weren't the headliner for Sunday night...

• Advertisement

But...Radiohead

We have 3 headliners already, so IMO it is very doubtful.

The Chems don't strike me as a 'headliner' headliner these days. They sit better in the 'after the 'headliner' dance slot that's emerged over the past few years. I wouldn't be surprised if we're only looking at two actual 'headliners' on that lineup.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement