Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

No decent rock band? SFA, Savages, Wolf Alice?

Apologies, I was meant to say no rock acts as one of the main headliners!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Do people really think LCD will be on the main stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Mr.S wrote: »
    But...Radiohead

We have 3 headliners already, so IMO it is very doubtful.

We don't know if there's three headliners on that lineup - just as we didn't know there wasn't last year. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

As for the lineup, bit meh, its ok, hardly outstanding,as previous posters have mentioned , way more acts to be announced over the next few months. Be interesting to see how the stage times are allocated and what are deemed "Headline Acts" or are they holding back on leading headline acts (LCD headline Friday night ) (Chemical Brothers Saturday night) .....Sunday night headliners???????

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

The best moments I ever had at the picnics involved bands I knew nothing about and whose performances blew me away and opened up a world of new music which I buzzed off for ages afterwards.

I can't get over the moaning about lineups and headliners year after year. The best time you will have will be with your mates and those new discoveries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 phuckphace

No, I figured the main headliner might be in the Trailer Park at 4pm on the Friday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

But...Radiohead

IMO as a fan of both, Blur are a bigger act than Radiohead, especially given the relative rarity of their Irish gigs, and the fact that they might not tour many more times together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Hope not, sound can be poor enough there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

But...Radiohead

Relax Radiohead will headline Sunday night!!!! :D

Of course they will, they played there before when much less popular, and this time you'll note that they're in very big letters at the very top of the lineup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

setanta74 wrote: »
    The best moments I ever had at the picnics involved bands I knew nothing about and whose performances blew me away and opened up a world of new music which I buzzed off for ages afterwards.

I can't get over the moaning about lineups and headliners year after year. The best time you will have will be with your mates and those new discoveries.

Agreed. Like the cocktail bar.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

phuckphace wrote: »
    Listen to their second album 'You Forgot It In People' - blows BSS out of the water, it's amazing.

Very happy with that so far, ticket bought.

Added to playlist ... My EP 2016 playlist so far consists entirely of all the BSS albums ... will listen to that for the rest of the day before I start putting other stuff on.

phuckphace wrote: »
    No, I figured the main headliner might be in the Trailer Park at 4pm on the Friday afternoon.
    You sir are a ****ing genius.

MJohnston wrote: »
    Of course they will, they played there before when much less popular, and this time you'll note that they're in very big letters at the very top of the lineup!
    Another one.

Last time they played was in the Electric Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

But...Radiohead

which 2 other than LCD Soundsystem?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

I was hoping for radiohead myself but I think I'm still happy. A couple of nice surprises in there. There will be loads of new musical discoveries I'm sure. I must be the only person in Ireland who has not seen wild beasts. Don't think I've seen them announced much this year.

Super furry animals, glass animals, animal collective and wild beasts.... it'll be like a musical safari...

IMO as a fan of both, Blur are a bigger act than Radiohead, especially given the relative rarity of their Irish gigs, and the fact that they might not tour many more times together.
    did Blur even sell out the IMMA? i'd say Radiohead would be a bigger draw tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Melvin Benn said at the press launch that the big acts were done according to the Arts/Ticket editor for the Times.

I'm not saying anything but just to inform the speculation a little more!

Re: Radiohead - Blur were added after last year BUT Radiohead gigs are rare. Even in their last tour, they skipped A LOT of places they'd have been expected, including Ireland. Can they still be announced? Sure, but I would have expected them first time out.

Does that mean they won't be? Of course not.

--

For me, that doesn't have enough to make me part with my money. Some great acts (LCD, Savages and Broken Social Scene mainly) and a few that I'd like to see but have seen (Glass Animals, Wild Beasts, Jack Garratt, Phosphorescent) and some absolute steaming ****e (Years & Years, HAIM and Lana del Ray) so I'll hold onto my money for a few more weeks yet!!

EDIT: I know BSS have announced a few other gigs too - have they said anything about new material? Also, I presume this means new Wild Beasts too? 'Cos they said they were done touring the last album)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Not a bad start happy with lcd, new order, chems and wolf Alice. Will prob give lana del rey a look if she doesn't clash. Can still see another two biggish headliners being added to it tbh (hopefully radiohead) but as many ppl have said ep is so much more than headliners. Roll on Sep :)

Another one.

I didn't say last time they played, I said they've played the main stage before, which is true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Another one.

It was the main stage late Friday or Saturday night, the also played main stage a few years before that during the day on I think a Saturday.

I apologise for my inaccuracy.

Boooourns wrote: »
    It was the main stage late Friday or Saturday night, the also played main stage a few years before that during the day on I think a Saturday.

The time I'm thinking of was definitely a Friday, because I remember my mates getting stuck in the awful traffic and missing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

I heard there will be three massive Irish acts announced around Easter to help the Picnic celebrate 1916

How true this is I don't know its the talk of the local area here in Laois !!

The time I'm thinking of was definitely a Friday, because I remember my mates getting stuck in the awful traffic and missing them.

Would this have been one of the very early EPs with perhaps a smaller stage (like the Trailer Park :rolleyes:)

I just find it hard to believe that they would finish out a night on the main stage. I don't think they have that big of a following.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

laois gael wrote: »
    I heard there will be three massive Irish acts announced around Easter to help the Picnic celebrate 1916

How true this is I don't know its the talk of the local area here in Laois !!

The Coronas!
    The Corrs!
    WestBoyzOwnLife!

:rolleyes:

Chem Brothers and Lana where referred to as headliners on launch (as well as LCD obviously) but to be fair, not directly by EP.

If they have indeed booked Radiohead, i'd imagine we're in for one of the quickest sell outs in recent times!
    I very much can't see LDR playing last on the main stage so I'd assume someone else will be after her, a la Sam Smith/Blur last year.

if it was just those names, i'd imagine:
    Friday: New Order
    Saturday: LDR/Chemical Brothers
    Sunday: LCD Soundsystem

Underworld were referred to as headliners last year at the launch but were later shifted to the 2nd row when Sam Smith and Blur were announced (along with Grace Jones who was also 2nd row

Electric-Picnic-2015-Line-up_10_Portriat_28-410x553.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-07-23-at-10.42.25.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The Coronas!
    The Corrs!
    WestBoyzOwnLife!

:rolleyes:

Well ****, I better buy tickets before this rumour gets out and all the tickets go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

There will be at least one more headliner to still be announced, maybe even 2. Lana Del Ray and New Order are not headliners.
    I wouldn't rule out Radiohead yet.

It is interesting that the Red Bull stage is not mentioned anywhere. It was magic back when it was Neutronix In The Woods, and you'd get lost trying to find it, and it was all Irish DJs you'd never heard of but it didn't matter. It's become waaaay too overcrowded in the last couple of years. I wonder if the sponsorship is not finalised yet or if they are changing it or scrapping it. I haven't been fond of it for the last few years but it would be a shame if it's gone.

• Advertisement

Boooourns wrote: »
    Another one.

they 100% played the Electric Arena in 2010, headlined it with Hot Chip on before them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement