Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Thanks for that, no interest in the main camping area. Might i ask are there restrictions on what we can bring in booze, food etc wise ?

No restrictions, same as other campsites. Bring in drink and food etc, but same rules apply, no glass etc. You cant bring drink in to main arena either until after bars close. Its the same as other campsites to be honest, rules wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Button_y wrote: »
    Thanks, I am surprised they didn't allow a couple of days to get codes to people before starting tickets sales.

Is this their sneaky way of getting people to buy the more expensive tickets?? :mad:Based on that people may fear these early birds could sell out quick? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

andreac wrote: »
    Although this did close at 12am fri and sun night and 2am sat night.

What happens if you're late back? Can you get back in? It was after 2am nearly every night by the time I got back to my tent this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Just got my family ticket me and my daughter who will be 6. Bit scared camping on my own with her but I say it will be good fun 😀

Stay in pink moon if you have any doubts and if it's within your budget.

hernie wrote: »
    What happens if you're late back? Can you get back in? It was after 2am nearly every night by the time I got back to my tent this year.

Oh sorry, just the handy entrance in to main arena closes at those times. Other than that you have to walk around the long way through the forest and in by Salty Dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I ended up giving Ticketmaster a call. The agent was very good but said all codes were sent out last night.
    She checked my account and could see all my past purchases and didnt understand why I did not get the code.
    Anyway, she gave me the 8 digit code over the phone and that worked a treat.

I ended up giving Ticketmaster a call. The agent was very good but said all codes were sent out last night.
    She checked my account and could see all my past purchases and didnt understand why I did not get the code.

Which number did you call? And what options did you go through?

Which number did you call? And what options did you go through?

0818 903001. Think it was the last option. Query around a booking. Was on hold for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Decided at last minute to leave kids at home, I know there would only be one of us minding the kids at night and it wouldn't be the wife.

Just be aware that this means you will be camping in the main campsites and not family camping. If you have been to festivals before, you know the score. If you haven't, have a read of feedback on the last few pages of the 2015 thread about the campsites before you decide to leave the kids at home! :-)

Family camping = space, relative peace and quiet and...eh....certain other perks that I don't want to say out loud! ;-)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

0818 903001. Think it was the last option. Query around a booking. Was on hold for a while.

I emailed the ticketmaster customer service thing on their website about a booking this morning, they emailed me back about 10 minutes ago with a code for €160 tickets. If you've bought EP tickets through ticketmaster before they'll have a record of it, ring them or email them if you haven't received a code yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

probably because she doesn't actually know and lots haven't actually been sent out. checked with my group of 10 or so that went this year (all 3+ timers who got emails last year), and most of us haven't got the email yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

sadie06 wrote: »
    Just be aware that this means you will be camping in the main campsites and not family camping. If you have been to festivals before, you know the score. If you haven't, have a read of feedback on the last few pages of the 2015 thread about the campsites before you decide to leave the kids at home! :-)

Family camping = space, relative peace and quiet and...eh....certain other perks that I don't want to say out loud! ;-)

I booked the pink moon campsite, we go to quite a lot of concerts never to a festival, the only problem we will have now is that I will probably want to go to the other voices and wifee will want the main stage.

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I emailed the ticketmaster customer service thing on their website about a booking this morning, they emailed me back about 10 minutes ago with a code for €160 tickets. If you've bought EP tickets through ticketmaster before they'll have a record of it, ring them or email them if you haven't received a code yet.

Can you give me their email address please? I cant find it on their website. Only phone numbers. Thanks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Can you give me their email address please? I cant find it on their website. Only phone numbers. Thanks.

customer.services@ticketmaster.ie but initially I made contact through their 'Contact us' thing on the website. You select options from a drop down menu & go from there. Emailing them directly would probably work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    customer.services@ticketmaster.ie but initially I made contact through their 'Contact us' thing on the website. You select options from a drop down menu & go from there. Emailing them directly would probably work too.

Weird. I don't see any drop-down menu??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

If you have a group going I'd much rather hirer a campervan than the posh camping. You can bring everything you want, drive straight in with it all, cooking facilities, proper toilet, charging, drive straight off when leaving, camp site was really relaxed, you can even stick up a tent or two around it for more people in your group. Excellent way of doing it. Only downside is getting someone who wants to do the drive out :)

Another downside is the distance that you are from the main arena .. 30 minutes to get to main stage.

We have stayed in campervan since 2013 and this year the facilities up there were very poor. The toilet disposal spot was full on both Saturday and Sunday by 2pm. This is a major problem btw and negates one of the main advantages of having a camper, cos once its full your toilet is out of commission. For us on the Sunday our toilet became ladies only in order that we got through to Monday. Apparently the site toilets at the top of the field were also a disgrace for most of the weekend. So what exactly did we pay for?

I see the campervan prices have increased quite a bit for 2016 also, 83 quid including charges to park in a field, miles from the stages, with dreadful facilities. I love our camper and we use it all the time, not only for festivals, but this is poor value.

This year I drew the short straw and got the drive home on Monday while my better half slept through the journey and arrived home in her pyjamas (now that is an advantage!).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I know there was talk on boards about how to get 'proof' of attending 3 festivals if you haven't a long time ago. I wasn't there 3 times (once or twice) but can anyone tell me how to get the €160 discount please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭rameire

rang up and got the code instead of waiting, thankfully got family camping 2, as family camping 1 is gone.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

One more questions- when and how can you book the 'fancy' accommodation- teepees, huts etc.?

Thanks.

found it, God they're expensive!
    link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

No sign of a code yet but I only want general admission so should I hold off until this evening?
    Anyone got any idea as to when the early birds sell out?
    Cant ring up ticketmaster as 2 of my 3 tickets have been purchased from others and not via ticketmaster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Another dumb question, do all tickets include camping ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

6541 wrote: »
    I have to say that this festival is gone to the dogs. Everything is overpriced, security were rude, cops going around busting people. The audio was off on the main stage. Electric Picnic is not worth the hassle. We will be finding another festival !!

Was it really that bad? there's been a few deaths from dodgy pills so the cops might be clamping down because of that.

Another dumb question, do all tickets include camping ???

Yes, general camping. Joplin, Hendrix, Wilde etc.
    You dont have access to Pink Moon, Family, Boutique or caravan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Seanachai wrote: »
    Was it really that bad? there's been a few deaths from dodgy pills so the cops might be clamping down because of that.

Don't listen to that nonsense. EP 2015 was epic

dinneenp wrote: »
    One more questions- when and how can you book the 'fancy' accommodation- teepees, huts etc.?

Thanks.

found it, God they're expensive!
    link

Well worth it, trust me. Have you camped before? If not i would def pay the extra for Pink Moon and then have a walk through Hendrix about 2am and see what it's like :eek::eek:

Ok, i just got what looks like an automated reply from festival republic, with no code. Have emailed ticketmaster too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Finally got through to TM to get a code. Managed to get Fam1 Camping, so happy days! :)

In my haste to book I mistakenly booked through the instalment plan rather than the regular pay in one go. Ah well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Yes, general camping. Joplin, Hendrix, Wilde etc.
    You dont have access to Pink Moon, Family, Boutique or caravan.

Ah we're going to book Pink Moon on Monday ! Just good that i didn't buy the wrong ones !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Well worth it, trust me. Have you camped before? If not i would def pay the extra for Pink Moon and then have a walk through Hendrix about 2am and see what it's like :eek::eek:

The Greeks have a saying , 'Cabbage twice cooked is death' I'd put waking up in a crappy tent in a field full of other tents on the same level. I'm saying this and I'm a country boy born and raised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

What is/was so bad about Hendrix?

I've camped in Warhol every year since 2008 I think, and I love it (and I'm not one of these "full time mad bastard" types).

The prices for "luxury" camping seem absolutely nuts IMO, but whatever you're in to :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement