Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MJohnston wrote: »
    You asked why I might think they'd attract a crowd, and I was just listing things that might suggest why they would, I've no idea how many Irish people are interested in them. Genuinely can't see it being any less than were interested in Chic, Leftfield, Chems, or a handful of other previous headliners.

And also, I think the answer to whether they'd play the main stage isn't about the crowd they'll attract, it's (as I mentioned before) all about their positioning on EP's official lineup, which is right at the top. Has EP ever listed a headliner up there that didn't play the main stage?

Beastie Boys, but they themselves would only play the tent apparently .. feck anyone at that separate instrumental set they did? Excellent set that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

LCD are obviously going to be on the main stage
    Christ people will argue over anything on here these days. "Calvin Harris CAN play the Picnic!" "The headliners WONT be on the main stage!" "The headliners ARENT the headliners!"

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Christ people will argue over anything on here these days. "Calvin Harris CAN play the Picnic!" "The headliners WONT be on the main stage!" "The headliners ARENT the headliners!"

The turtle ISN'T bad !

phuckphace wrote: »
    Listen to their second album 'You Forgot It In People' - blows BSS out of the water, it's amazing.

Very happy with that so far, ticket bought.

You're not wrong there .. great album ... loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm happy I bought my ticket early now. We don't really know who will be headlining yet, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they are saving a big announcement for the summer like they did last year. It's a good way to boost potentially low ticket sales.

Like others said that lineup is a bit dance heavy, I'd say there's a least 1 big main stream rock band to be added. Radiohead or Chili peppers hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I'd like to hear from Sideshow Mel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Hope the Despacio tent will be back again this year seeing as James Murphy will definitely be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Can people stop mentioning RHCP, it's really putting me off my dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Effects wrote: »
    Hope the Despacio tent will be back again this year seeing as James Murphy will definitely be there.

I'd love to see Soulwax performing "Belgica" too tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Poor lineup bar a few bands, but maybe I'm just getting old and those bands aren't to my tastes, so I'm wrong to call it "poor", just not my bag.

It seems like there are a lot of "River Island / Top Shop Spring Summer 2016 collection" bands in there, but again, I'm probably just getting old and grumpy.

I didn't enjoy 2015. The whole thing seemed to be background music to people talking ****e.

I remember a line from Cedric Bixler talking about how Coachella had changed. He said something like: "it's turned into the type of festival where you'd see Gerard Butler shagging someone in a porta loo". :)

Maybe Mogwai or Tindersticks might get added to the bill...

• Advertisement

Effects wrote: »

Seems that Despacio is on a USA tour this year .. Would be great to have it again, but I doubt it will come to Europe this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

did Blur even sell out the IMMA?
    It was seriously packed out at that gig so they probably did. Queues at the bar were nearly an hour long at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

seachto7 wrote: »
    I remember a line from Cedric Bixler talking about how Coachella had changed. He said something like: "it's turned into the type of festival where you'd see Gerard Butler shagging someone in a porta loo". :)

Gerard Butler cannot shag anyone without a green screen there to put on his penis in post production

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Gerard Butler cannot shag anyone without a green screen there to put on his penis in post production

haha. On reflection, I think I'd just prefer the day gigs, or the 1 day type festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Who's arguing? I asked if people thought LCD would play the main stage. People replied with their opinions (apart from one guy with a sarcastic smart arse answer).

What's annoying is people telling people to stop arguing, especially when they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Loving the lineup.

Ccju8RJWoAA-ONd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10 phuckphace

seachto7 wrote: »
    Poor lineup bar a few bands, but maybe I'm just getting old and those bands aren't to my tastes, so I'm wrong to call it "poor", just not my bag.

It seems like there are a lot of "River Island / Top Shop Spring Summer 2016 collection" bands in there, but again, I'm probably just getting old and grumpy.

Like who? I presume by that you mean kind of 'style over substance' flavour of the month type acts and I really can't see how anyone could come to that conclusion from this announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Synode wrote: »
    declanleo wrote: »
    Add your reply here.

What's the story with this? Are you typing it out

Getting there,slowly but surely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭LowOdour

melvin benn said on he last word that the main headline acts are those announced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

frantic190 wrote: »
    Loving the lineup.

Ccju8RJWoAA-ONd.jpg

Keyboard cat? YES!

Are Bill Cosby & Ur Ma B2B?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Im happy enough with that but I would expect another headliner to be announced be that Radiohead, Arcade Fire or.......

• Registered Users Posts: 10 phuckphace

If Carly Rae Jepsen was really playing I would definitely see her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Is there an official playlist floating around yet? I threw this together but it hasn't got all of the artists in it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think thats a pretty decent first announcement, LCD, Lana Del Ray, The Chems, New Order (Who I've never seen yet), Todd Terje, Wolf Alice, Animal Collective, Broken Social Scene, Pathu De Prince and Daniel Avery among others. The second announcement could still yield Radiohead and hopefully Air. Then again I wouldn't mind if Body & Soul festival got Air as that is more realistic with Air's touring schedule.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

LowOdour wrote: »
    melvin benn said on he last word that the main headline acts are those announced

Was listening to that too, I'm not entirely sure I'd use his word as gospel on this matter though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

My goodness that LCD Sound System are absolutely awful. Truly God awful. New Order haven't been relevant in the last 20 years. Really disappointed in the headliners although i like a lot of the remainder of the acts. Hopefully the line-up stays like that should be able to pick up a ticket a closer to the date no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Delighted with that, thought everyone on here would be to be honest! I'm guessing that LCD, Lana Del Rey & Chemical Brothers will be the three headliners but I wouldn't think it's impossible for them to announce another headliner in a later announcement, can't imagine it would be anyone who would interest me a whole lot though.

Have never seen LCD, Chem Bros or New Order so will be very excited to check out all three of them, Todd Terje is a personal favourite so I'm delighted to see him announced as I felt he was due an appearance at EP! Plenty of other acts on the line up worth checking out too and this is only the beginning! Between another few batches of announcements, Body & Soul, RBMA & Casa Bacardi all to come I would say this is shaping up to be a very strong line up for EP 2016! No acts that will attract a scauldy crowd either which is always a nice bonus :)

Delighted for bodhrandude as well who will finally get to see Daniel Avery at an Irish festival!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

My goodness that LCD Sound System are absolutely awful. Truly God awful.
    And just like that, everyone stopped reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Solid enough lineup, some great names on the undercard, Nao definitely worth checking out if anyone doesn't know her stuff. But still feels like it's lacking, none of the acts have that "Need to get a ticket right this second" feel to them. Was really hoping for Radiohead :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Lights On wrote: »
    Solid enough lineup, some great names on the undercard, Nao definitely worth checking out if anyone doesn't know her stuff. But still feels like it's lacking, none of the acts have that "Need to get a ticket right this second" feel to them. Was really hoping for Radiohead :(

I'm ambivalent about Radiohead tbh - could be good, but could be dull. I'm pretty sure that we're not looking at the definitive/final headliners in that announcement though, so I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement