Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

phuckphace wrote: »
    At least 2 of the best songs of the noughties and they were one after another on the same record

Apparently I'm not allowed post links so this post is now pretty pointless. Everyone just go listen to 'Someone Great' again right now.
    The instrumental version on 45:33 is great too, I prefer it. Listen to Shame On You, then let it lead into Someone Great instrumental

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

My goodness that LCD Sound System are absolutely awful. Truly God awful.

Alright mate,of course they are. Thats why they are headlining festivals everywhere. I heard boyzone and westlife are doing something together,maybe you should check that out:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

declanleo wrote: »
    My goodness that LCD Sound System are absolutely awful. Truly God awful.

Alright mate,of course they are. Thats why they are headlining festivals everywhere. I heard boyzone and westlife are doing something together,maybe you should check that out:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, they're headlining festivals because they're popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EoineyM

That is one p*ss poor lineup. I hoped some of the bands I hadn't heard would be better than those I know - I've been checking them out this evening, they're worse. Very disappointing. Gonna offload my tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MusicLover8498

I'm happy enough with that lineup. Very excited to see Lana Del Rey as wanted to see her at the Marquee two summers ago but the funds were low and saw Chemical Brothers at Longitude last year and they're always a crowd pleaser! And if the thoughts of Blue Monday by New Order doesn't make you slightly giddy I don't know what will. Was delira to see Jack Garratt announced too his album is being played on reply atm. And no acts that will attract the scrotes...happy days. Roll on September:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I'm pretty happy with that line up, it's a good base. I don't think we have the three headliners in this announcement.

It's hard to tell with the chems, but I assume they'll do the Saturday night late slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Delighted with that, thought everyone on here would be to be honest! I'm guessing that LCD, Lana Del Rey & Chemical Brothers will be the three headliners but I wouldn't think it's impossible for them to announce another headliner in a later announcement, can't imagine it would be anyone who would interest me a whole lot though.

Have never seen LCD, Chem Bros or New Order so will be very excited to check out all three of them, Todd Terje is a personal favourite so I'm delighted to see him announced as I felt he was due an appearance at EP! Plenty of other acts on the line up worth checking out too and this is only the beginning! Between another few batches of announcements, Body & Soul, RBMA & Casa Bacardi all to come I would say this is shaping up to be a very strong line up for EP 2016! No acts that will attract a scauldy crowd either which is always a nice bonus :)

Delighted for bodhrandude as well who will finally get to see Daniel Avery at an Irish festival!!

Thanks Ferris :) I think the Chems will be an after headliner, so maybe LCD before them or someone or two still to be announced. Lana will definitely be a sub and not a headliner, did she not play the Marquee last year. Loads more to come I reckon, but thats a great start.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

EoineyM wrote: »
    That is one p*ss poor lineup. I hoped some of the bands I hadn't heard would be better than those I know - I've been checking them out this evening, they're worse. Very disappointing. Gonna offload my tickets.

What acts were you hoping for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I'd say My Bloody Valentine and Bjork will be announced too:
    http://ticketscatalog.com/events/bjork-stradbally-hall-stradbally

Too soon for them to do it again they played in 2013, you need to vary it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Bjork is not doing any gigs, at all, anywhere in the world?

I think that's just a glitch on that particular website.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Bootsy. wrote: »
    Bjork is not doing any gigs, at all, anywhere in the world?

I think that's just a glitch on that particular website.

Yeah, both played 2013.
    Wouldn't say no, mind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Jesus I've just wasted 6 minutes on this, no ideas what she's doing on the list in big letters.

Had to play this before I got the rage on..

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Anybody done their homework on which festival there appears to be crossover from? Might be able to speculate on future additions

• Registered Users Posts: 10 phuckphace

There's a few from Bestival. The Cure are headlining that. Suppose it's too soon to see them back? They skipped Ireland on their arena tour.

Jesus I've just wasted 6 minutes on this, no ideas what she's doing on the list in big letters.

Pure ****e but she's extremely 'easy on the eye'!

I hope the promoters haven't blown their wad on Haim and Lana ;) , seriously they wouldn't be cheap and can't see them adding allot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I'd say it's safe to say that 4/6 headline/sub-headline spots on the main stage have been filled in the 4 big names on the poster. That leaves probably 2 more to be announced, whether they will be sub headliners or actual headliners is anyones guess though. I would also think a good few of the headline slots in the EA & Rankin Woods tents are yet to be filled, wouldn't be too familiar with certain names on the bill so hard to guess how high up they would play. We prob won't get another announcement for 2 months or so but I'd say there will be some nice surprises in it, last years second announcement was almost as good as the first!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

gandalfio wrote: »
    Anybody done their homework on which festival there appears to be crossover from? Might be able to speculate on future additions

Echo and the Bunnymen are playing Festival No.6. Wouldn't be surprised to see them as a (welcome) 80's old fart appeal act. Likewise a-ha are touring this summer. Rick Astley can't represent a decade on his own!

gandalfio wrote: »

There republic nation gigs so was expecting a cross between Leeds and lollapalooza but I think we got shafted so far..

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 phuckphace

Really?

I think EP's is far better than either of those

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

delighted with the announcement and think it's way better than last years
    Just reading all the comments on the EP Facebook page, Jesus people haven't a clue.

Still waiting on Rock en Seine festival in Paris to announce their line up which falls on the weekend before the Picnic and some of the line up has crossed over before such as Portishead and Tame Impala. Their closing night on Sunday is usually the day I arrive at the Picnic site to start work for the next four days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Drunkmonkey, those are two absolutely woeful lineups. Radiohead, New Order and James Blake (who needs at least a summer off from Ireland) are the only decent acts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Drunkmonkey, those are two absolutely woeful lineups. Radiohead, New Order and James Blake (who needs at least a summer off from Ireland) are the only decent acts.

Paul Kalkbrenner is class

Not a fan of the leeds one but lollapalooza was what I was expecting of picnic..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Are people being deliberately hipster in saying those line ups are worse? Proper festival bands on those which the EP line up is rather lacking in. I quite like Lana Del Rey but shes hardly festival material

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

AdamD wrote: »
    Are people being deliberately hipster in saying those line ups are worse? Proper festival bands on those which the EP line up is rather lacking in. I quite like Lana Del Rey but shes hardly festival material

Who on those lineups would you have wanted? Aside from the aforementioned Radiohead, and the endlessly repeated James Blake, Crystal Castles, Foals, Kalkbrenner, Disclosure, I can't see anything close to a decent festival lineup there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Delighted to see Glass Animals on the lineup, their set in (I think) the Little Big Tent a couple of years ago is one of my favourite EP memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Who on those lineups would you have wanted? Aside from the aforementioned Radiohead, and the endlessly repeated James Blake, Crystal Castles, Foals, Kalkbrenner, Disclosure, I can't see anything close to a decent festival lineup there.

Would have liked to see Chilis, Foals, Imagine Dragons, Catfish and the Bottlemen. EP has its fair share of endlessly repeated acts too..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement