Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Peter File wrote: »
    I cant see them paying €2million for radiohead. Where did you get that information?

From a person who works for Primavera. Its combination of upfront fee and % of revenues and potential for copyright of filming apparently.

Radiohead gave them such boost in sales, all 3 day passes sold within 2 days of announcement and only Thursday day tickets left they are sitting on quite the pile of cash and 5 months of interest to be earned so not totally out of the realms of possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Reckon any additions to the higher tiers would have to be at the lower end of the payscale and they will spend on quantity to fill up the other stages

I'd be quite happy with that tbh, made a big **** off playlist of all the acts in apple music yesterday and started listening on shuffle, didn't know a lot of the names on the list but there were a lot of the songs i recognised from having bbc 6music pumping away during the work day. I can see myself spending more time in the tents this year than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

I'd be quite happy with that tbh, made a big **** off playlist of all the acts in apple music yesterday and started listening on shuffle, didn't know a lot of the names on the list but there were a lot of the songs i recognised from having bbc 6music pumping away during the work day. I can see myself spending more time in the tents this year than ever.

I completely agree, I spend less and less time at main stages now, perhaps 1 or 2 sets in a weekend. Festivals are where I go to dig up new acts. Went to Eurosonic in Netherlands in January which is all new bands, and already seeing some of those acts on the lineup at other festivals I am going to. Blossoms are the only EP act so far that are on EP line up but expect to see loads of new acts as the line up grows

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I feel that all the people who were at Jack Garratt were Boardsies including me ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I feel that all the people who were at Jack Garratt were Boardsies including me ha

should have been the meet up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Meh to the lineup. Seen most of them in years gone by. Will wait a bit to see what acts are added to the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Meh to the lineup. Seen most of them in years gone by. Will wait a bit to see what acts are added to the bill.

Can't understand this attitude. So what if you seen them before. I've seen some bands loads of times. If you like them then what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Synode wrote: »
    Can't understand this attitude. So what if you seen them before. I've seen some bands loads of times. If you like them then what's the problem?

Surely everyone has a saturation point?

Surely everyone has a saturation point?

Yeah that's fair enough but would they really have saturation point for every band playing? Anyway, doesn't matter. Just a bug-bear of mine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeah that's fair enough but would they really have saturation point for every band playing? Anyway, doesn't matter. Just a bug-bear of mine

I've seen about half of them. Not really interested in the other half. I only tend to enjoy bands live once or twice. Therefore for the money that's in it it's not really worth my time.

We all have differences in music. I respect yours and peoples decisions to see bands many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Can you share that Apple Music playlist?

Snarky Snark Snark

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Can you share that Apple Music playlist?

erm...

i don't know how

edit #1
    aaaaah, right, try this

https://goo.gl/EvMx4d

gonna clean it up tonight, might have gone overboard in chucking everything plus kitchen sink into it

edit #2 : don't have chemicals in there, will add

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If you can predict the joke/line they use to introduce the song, then that's saturation point.....

If you can predict the joke/line they use to introduce the song, then that's saturation point.....

Yeah because the jokes are why we all go to concerts

Snarky Snark Snark

Yeah because the jokes are why we all go to concerts

I go for the hotpants

to see them that is

not to wear them

though I am open to that too

don't think anyone else would be though...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah but some of the repeats will have new material and possibly a new visual set up too or else it could be a crucial ex-member who has rejoined a group and is an important part of the bands early sound.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Wicked lineup. M83 would be the icing on the cake.

I thought they would definitely be on the line up, not sure why but just had a strong feeling. Also though Bloc Party would be on it for some reason. Both acts could still be added of course, M83 were announced for Latitude in the UK.

For anyone who is into electronic music/djs I wouldn't worry about the line up just yet, they always seem to announce most of these further down the line in other announcements (announcement 2 & 3, RBMA, Casa Bacardi). By this stage last year the only real electronic acts they had were Underworld, Hopkins & Tourist. The likes of Despacio, Julio Bashmore, Paul Kalkbrenner, The 2 Bears, MK, Mano le Tough, Joey Negro, Jackmaster, George Fitzgerald, Todd Terry, Paul Woolford, New Jackson & Krystal Klear all came later.

By my reckoning the only definite main stage acts they have announced so far are the 4 headliners, HAIM & Years & Years. Still a lot more to come I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Having seen Foals play 5 times in the last 3 years I'm very much at saturation point with them. Take a break from the fecking touring to write an album that isn't just the singles and one or two other decent tracks with a load of filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

MJohnston wrote: »
    Don't lump HAIM in with those lot, they're actually good :D

Seen them at Glasto14' they were absolutely pure ****e live!! Hopefully they've improved!

• Advertisement

I'd be surprised if M83 weren't added!

Here's the Latitude line up from earlier today. It looks like a very low cost FR line up, maybe more to be added? interesting to see EP follow the same lower cost model?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if M83 weren't added!

Here's the Latitude line up from earlier today. It looks like a very low cost FR line up, maybe more to be added? interesting to see EP follow the same lower cost model?

They should be affordable like B&S booked them in 2012 and they didn't close the main stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Seen them at Glasto14' they were absolutely pure ****e live!! Hopefully they've improved!

Seen them at Longitude & The Academy and would beg to differ! Each to their own & all that though ;)

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Seen them at Longitude & The Academy and would beg to differ! Each to their own & all that though ;)

I wasn't at the academy gig, but the footage looked awesome!!
    I'm not talking about their ability, more so the performance on that day.

Their Glasto gig was just sloppy they looked a bit lost, weren't tight, vocals were pretty bad too, it was a bit like somebody singing with ear phones in, oblivious to the actual sound coming out!!
    I'm not expecting 100% live perfection, but it's a horrible technique when they pull away from the range of the mic prematurely.

http://youtu.be/JJCkeEhmkSY

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Having seen Foals play 5 times in the last 3 years I'm very much at saturation point with them. Take a break from the fecking touring to write an album that isn't just the singles and one or two other decent tracks with a load of filler.

I heard them say in an interview recently that after they finish touring the new album that they are going to take a break for a bit. But not sure about the criticism for their new album I thought it was great and one of their better ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I heard them say in an interview recently that after they finish touring the new album that they are going to take a break for a bit. But not sure about the criticism for their new album I thought it was great and one of their better ones

They said the same after their previous album. The hiatus lasted all of 2 or 3 months before they went back to the studio.

I like the most recent album though. Didn't grab me right away but some great songs on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I want Metronomy back. One of my favourite live acts, so energetic and fun as performers, just like their music. Don't think they've been to Ireland for a couple of years now

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Ill add The Formidable Vegetable Sound System for fun MJohnston. Was a highlight for me last year (judgement was questionable at the time). Hope RSAG is back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MJohnston wrote: »
    I want Metronomy back. One of my favourite live acts, so energetic and fun as performers, just like their music. Don't think they've been to Ireland for a couple of years now

they played Longitude last year, and EP and the Olympia the year before. probably working on a new album at the moment so doubt they'll be here this year unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

they played Longitude last year, and EP and the Olympia the year before. probably working on a new album at the moment so doubt they'll be here this year unfortunately.

Aye, I was at their EP gig the year before, didn't realise they'd played Longitude though, damn :(

You sure about the Olympia, because they also did FF in 2014.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement