Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I wasn't at the academy gig, but the footage looked awesome!!
    I'm not talking about their ability, more so the performance on that day.

Their Glasto gig was just sloppy they looked a bit lost, weren't tight, vocals were pretty bad too, it was a bit like somebody singing with ear phones in, oblivious to the actual sound coming out!!
    I'm not expecting 100% live perfection, but it's a horrible technique when they pull away from the range of the mic prematurely.

http://youtu.be/JJCkeEhmkSY

Ah yeah fair enough, hopefully they'll be back on par again for EP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

183 sleeps till party times

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I wasn't at the academy gig, but the footage looked awesome!!
    I'm not talking about their ability, more so the performance on that day.

Their Glasto gig was just sloppy they looked a bit lost, weren't tight, vocals were pretty bad too, it was a bit like somebody singing with ear phones in, oblivious to the actual sound coming out!!
    I'm not expecting 100% live perfection, but it's a horrible technique when they pull away from the range of the mic prematurely.

http://youtu.be/JJCkeEhmkSY

Ah yeah fair enough, hopefully they'll be back on par again for EP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MJohnston wrote: »
    Aye, I was at their EP gig the year before, didn't realise they'd played Longitude though, damn :(

You sure about the Olympia, because they also did FF in 2014.
    yep https://www.goldenplec.com/live-reviews/metronomy-olympia-review/

don't think they've played FF?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Tickets bought.....................they'll be sold...................line up is utter $hite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Tickets bought.....................they'll be sold...................line up is utter $hite.

Genuine question.. and for anyone else selling their tickets.

1) Is this your first EP?

2) If it is not, have you bought tickets and sold them previously, or is the first line up which has caused you to sell them

3) Are you aware that there about 20 more acts that will be announced?

4) Are the main headliners the main reason you go.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Genuine question.. and for anyone else selling their tickets.

1) Is this your first EP?

2) If it is not, have you bought tickets and sold them previously, or is the first line up which has caused you to sell them

3) Are you aware that there about 20 more acts that will be announced?

4) Are the main headliners the main reason you go.

1) this would be my 1st due to work commitments ( i actually live in Laois )> But i have been on the grounds with work during the event so i know the "vibe" and other things that are there.

2) New Order/Gavin James are all that have jumped out at me. LCD, no interest personally and i've seen the Chemical Brothers before.

3) Yes but with research those i'd like to be playing aren't touring this year or will be elsewhere. Remember the 1st payment was made 6 months ago when a lot of acts hadn't announced their touring plans for 2016.

4) No, but look at last year and the middle of the bill was full of quality.

If i sell my tickets i could actually get to 3 or 4 gigs that I want to go to if you get me, buying early was hedging a bet on the line up and it didn't work out but i'll wait for a good while longer in case anything else pops up BUT 200 to see a few acts isn't worth it ( personally )

• Registered Users Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

1) this would be my 1st due to work commitments ( i actually live in Laois )> But i have been on the grounds with work during the event so i know the "vibe" and other things that are there.

2) New Order/Gavin James are all that have jumped out at me. LCD, no interest personally and i've seen the Chemical Brothers before.

3) Yes but with research those i'd like to be playing aren't touring this year or will be elsewhere. Remember the 1st payment was made 6 months ago when a lot of acts hadn't announced their touring plans for 2016.

If i sell my tickets i could actually get to 3 or 4 gigs that I want to go to if you get me, buying early was hedging a bet on the line up and it didn't work out but i'll wait for a good while longer in case anything else pops up BUT 200 to see a few acts isn't worth it ( personally )

Cheers for that.

For me, the vibe as you put it is the main reason I go :)
    With the early bird tickets, I feel the value for money is there.

I don't recognise a lot of the groups but I can genuinely say, without sounding to clichéd, that last year I listened to the spotify list of the bands playing and was out of the camp site at around 2 or 3pm on Sat and Sunday to hear small bands that were class. There were, in fact, as I've said before on this, too many bands and so if there are a dozen or so this time around, I might get a chance to relax more. More than likely, I will learn about new bands and I will be scrambling around the place as usual!

A weekend with my buddies, no responsibilities, some drink, live music and HOPEFULLY some nice weather.. sounds pretty damn sweet to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

And it hasn't even really been fleshed out. There'll be plenty of mid-tier acts in the next annoucements to beef it out, and usually these are the ones that make it interesting for me.

Selling now would be a bit hasty. You'd still get your money back in a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

You sound like great craic

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    And it hasn't even really been fleshed out. There'll be plenty of mid-tier acts in the next annoucements to beef it out, and usually these are the ones that make it interesting for me.

Selling now would be a bit hasty. You'd still get your money back in a few months.

As i said i'm willing to hold off but the middle tier would need to improve a lot to be worth 200 a ticket, as i said that's a personal view.

Synode wrote: »
    You sound like great craic

Thanks, that post means so much to me. I'll actually print it out and frame it:rolleyes:

Snarky Snark Snark

Lads, if ye want to see great craic, the wailing and gnashing of teeth and crying of "the line up is sh1te", the comments in bookface are an utter hoot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Lads, if ye want to see great craic, the wailing and gnashing of teeth and crying of "the line up is sh1te", the comments in bookface are an utter hoot

its hilarious .. "No Rock Bands!" "Where are Radiohead AND Arcade Fire?".

this sums it up for me:
    "Well done picnic. Ye announced a picnic lineup. Not the feared post- Oxygen acts. The selfie stick generation must be weeping into their pouting lips."

Snarky Snark Snark

its hilarious .. "No Rock Bands!" "Where are Radiohead AND Arcade Fire?".

this sums it up for me:
    "Well done picnic. Ye announced a picnic lineup. Not the feared post- Oxygen acts. The selfie stick generation must be weeping into their pouting lips."

Yeah I saw that one, this chap below seems a little confused though

"Get chilli peppers, edward sharpe and magnetic zeros and hozier, mumford and sons even coldplay to salvage this. was hoping for much more from picnic?"

(i like coldplay, but jesus, even I wouldn't put them below that shower of ****e merchants.)

Snarky Snark Snark

In other news, I'm really liking that Aurora one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

You're right, I'd googled "Metronomy Forbidden Fruit" but was misled by all the results (which are actually talking about 2ManyDJs, thanks to their remix of Love Letters)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

It's the same every year. You would think people would have copped on to what type of festival EP is. Seems like a lot of people hear festival and think Oxegen.

Snarky Snark Snark

What's surprising me is the number of them whinging at the lack of codes and early bird tickets etc...

It's not like it's the same thing every year, get yer fecking acts together

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

I would love to know the ratio of online rant to ticket purchase. A lot of these people never actually go to these festivals that they spend their time complaining about. I mean Coldplay FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

a personal favourite of mine

twitter.png

2qc35ds.jpg

Snarky Snark Snark

"Step up there game"

Ffs!

It's "their" game, jesus ****ing wept, goddamn illiterate numpties.

The usage of the invisible ninja comma is best left unranted.

(that creamfields looks like hell on earth to me.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

They seem to think that EP is now Oxegen :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

"Step up there game"

Ffs!

It's "their" game, jesus ****ing wept, goddamn illiterate numpties

(that creamfields looks like hell on earth to me)

Social media is a haven for goddamn illiterate numpties.

It's "could of would of should of" that genuinely chips away at my soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The thing is, which young people actually like Coldplay anymore? Surely they are primarily for 40 year olds??

Snarky Snark Snark

MJohnston wrote: »
    The thing is, which young people actually like Coldplay anymore? Surely they are primarily for 40 year olds??

Obviously the same ones that like Mumford and Hozier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Four Tet is in for a rude awakening when he arrives in Creamfields!

Snarky Snark Snark

leakyboots wrote: »
    Four Tet is in for a rude awakening when he arrives in Creamfields!

Four Tet at Creamfields

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

"Step up there game"

Ffs!

It's "their" game, jesus ****ing wept, goddamn illiterate numpties.

The usage of the invisible ninja comma is best left unranted.

The fact that it has 1 like says it all really. What a dope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Re: Creamfields ... Idris Elba? I didn't know .. looked it up and yeah .. he fits in just right with that sh!te ... and I had so much respect for him as an actor.

Luther would be f\/cking this custard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement