Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Another one from Daniel Avery.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

byrneg28 wrote: »
    a personal favourite of mine

twitter.png

2qc35ds.jpg

I'm no good at guessing...but i'd say about 6million ppl are going to get stabbed at this gig!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Absolutely loving that!

sadie06 wrote: »
    Getting ready for bed on the Saturday night was hilarious…it was bloody freezing!

Please no, not wet. Cold can be dealt with.

Yep was cold alright, but tell you what the cooler temp in the morning was brilliant for sleeping. I was getting 8hours every night!!

Yeah I felt it after Blur when the main stage crowd dissolved, the cold wind coming over the plain towards the main stage would have cut you in half. Myself and a friend retreated to B&S for Donal Dineen's set and about half of the next fellahs set and had to go to a smaller tent to feel any warmth again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Yep was cold alright, but tell you what the cooler temp in the morning was brilliant for sleeping. I was getting 8hours every night!!

Absolutely nothing worse than being at a festival without the ability to have a decent shower, then waking up in your tent absolutely drenched in sweat because of a little bit of Irish sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Fun colourful or a bit weird and leaving you wanting to shower afterwards colourful?

More like literally colourful (using the original definition of literally).

A lot of lights with a lot of different colours with the band been dressed colourfully and with some strange colourful hair.

Colourful.

Oh, the music was good too. Not experimental, well no more than on their albums.

Noice!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I feel like I'm watching Ibiza Uncovered.

Liking this guy, Ezra Furman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭endainoz

:pac::pac:

Man I really hope these type of people don't end up going this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

Slightly off topic - I bought my ticket via payment plan when they were 1st released. Last payment came out a month ago so thought I'd have actual ticket by now....anyone else paid this way and received their ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

endainoz wrote: »

ah c'mon, that's got to be a joke, they cannot be that dumb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Slightly off topic - I bought my ticket via payment plan when they were 1st released. Last payment came out a month ago so thought I'd have actual ticket by now....anyone else paid this way and received their ticket?

I wouldn't be getting worried. Ticketmaster are weird in when they issue the physical tickets. I got mine months ago but for other gigs I've only gotten it weeks before.

Snarky Snark Snark

could be that with the tickets back on sale, they batch printing and sending the things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I threw together a playlist of the acts so far. 3 songs from most of them (less for a few that are a bit sh!te, and I couldn't stomach even one from Years & Years! :p)

https://play.spotify.com/user/1195906060/playlist/6cu2cbkApthPCjnSHN77lK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

ah c'mon, that's got to be a joke, they cannot be that dumb

Go on to the EP twitter page,there's a serious questions asking if Beyoncé and Foo Fighters have been confirmed.

Snarky Snark Snark

Don't want to come across as a shill for Pink Moon (or any of the boutique camping sites).

But from checking the Pink Moon website, they are showing two of the larger tent options as sold out so if anyone is thinking of using them for groups, i'd get the deposits down, once the big ones go then people will start grabbing the two man tents and booking under a group name.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭belgowho

Daniel Avery will be a must see for me this year. Hoping Flight Facilities will be announced in next round since they're paying V festival end of August. If M83 play as well, ill be delighted.

Anyone inclined to type of music that flight facilities are, check out their LIVE album with Melbourne symphony orchestra. Its incredible.

First announcement is fantastic for me anyway. Can understand if people wouldn't be interested in some of the acts but don't get the moaning at all. There are so many more acts to be announced, at least 2 big headliners I think. You also have to embrace the fun that this weekend offers. I had to miss Jon Hopkins who I really wanted to see cause I needed to sleep for an hour. Caught Rosin Murphy after and later Shamir. Had my best night of the weekend which ended up in me "DJing" in a white tent at the ECO camping area around 7am. High as a kite...

Can't bloody wait!

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Absolutely loving that!

The whole album, Drone Logic, is quality

belgowho wrote: »
    Daniel Avery will be a must see for me this year. Hoping Flight Facilities will be announced in next round since they're paying V festival end of August. If M83 play as well, ill be delighted.

Anyone inclined to type of music that flight facilities are, check out their LIVE album with Melbourne symphony orchestra. Its incredible.

First announcement is fantastic for me anyway. Can understand if people wouldn't be interested in some of the acts but don't get the moaning at all. There are so many more acts to be announced, at least 2 big headliners I think. You also have to embrace the fun that this weekend offers. I had to miss Jon Hopkins who I really wanted to see cause I needed to sleep for an hour. Caught Rosin Murphy after and later Shamir. Had my best night of the weekend which ended up in me "DJing" in a white tent at the ECO camping area around 7am. High as a kite...

Can't bloody wait!

Yeah I want to see Daniel too, I don't care if he clashes with the Chemical Brothers which EP does a lot anyway, same type of artists on at the same time. I've seen the Chems two times now at different Picnics, might go and watch a bit for half an hour but then its off to make new discoveries.

Snarky Snark Snark

Sooooo, given that some of the posters very early predictions on LCD soundsystem were correct and they were sorted out during last years picnic, it rang a bell on a post from last year on Madness

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96395835&postcount=3728

wondering could the interviewee have been mixing their years up and they are playing this year?

Still dreaming of seeing Ms Polly Jean at it too, her website though is next to useless for figuring out availability.

Whats this talk of no rock bands at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

(that creamfields looks like hell on earth to me.)

Re: Creamfields ... Idris Elba? I didn't know .. looked it up and yeah .. he fits in just right with that sh!te ... and I had so much respect for him as an actor.

Luther would be f\/cking this custard.

Seen him(try to) do a dj set in ibiza a few years back, it was embarrassing. Surprisingly for me, fat boy slim made up for it

Listening to LCD Soundsystems albums for the first time in a good while. Forgot how good they are. Don't think I've ever seen them live so cannot wait for September. Murphy's a genius

Love this one from their first album.

And a classic from their second

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Delighted with the opening gambit from the organizers. Selection of these upper mid tier acts would go down a treat for me:

M83
    Jagwar Ma
    Four Tet
    Chance the Rapper
    The Last Shadow Puppets (possibly once their Olympia dates fulfilled?)
    Eagles of Death Metal
    Electric Light Orchestra
    Jake Bugg
    The Roots
    Jamie xx (saw somewhere back this thread he's playing elsewhere but couldn't find it online?)
    Annie Mac
    Public Service Broadcasting
    Booka Shade
    The Coral (new album is more than decent imo)

Also fancy Hozier as a relatively low cost sub headliner to appease the more commercially driven radio orientated among the faithful.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Unlikely but I would'nt mind seeing Childish Gambino, has he ever played here?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement