Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Diiv and Eagles of Death Metal confirmed for Rock en Seine in Paris the weekend before EP.

Official announcement on the 21st of March, a good indicator as to who'll be around.

Ah they'd be a great addition to the lineup. Heres hoping....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Diiv and Eagles of Death Metal confirmed for Rock en Seine in Paris the weekend before EP.

Official announcement on the 21st of March, a good indicator as to who'll be around.

Do you have a link to the Rock en Seine info, another French festival on the same weekend as RES is Cabaret Vert festival, some of the same artists.

http://cabaretvert.com/

line-up-annonce-01.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

EP announcement on the 21st of March? Or Rock en Seine?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Teenage Fanclub making their only UK festival appearance this year, Local Natives, Savages, Broken Social Scene, Thurston Moore Band, and Scritti Politti, lead the latest raft of acts for this year's End Of The Road which happens at Larmer Tree Gardens,Tollard Royal, Salisbury, in Wiltshire from Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th September 2016

Oh yeah. TFC would be just great! With a new album on the way, they'll probably play their own show in Dublin later in the year but I wouldn't say no to an EP appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yep it definitely looks like M83 could make it to the Picnic, Longitude could still announce them for the Saturday, but it seems they are touring to the end of August anyway and I don't think they have played the Picnic yet.

http://ilovem83.com/#tour

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

:):);) seen a similar post a few years back, but it's a good one none the less!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Sharon Jones and Damian Marley would be great additions

EDIT: other names touring this summer - Roots Manuva, Bob Moses too please!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

OhHiMark wrote: »

I wondered that but then saw this http://www.rockenseine.com/en/ so it looks like the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Pete Doherty just announced a UK tour.....possible maybe?

Hopefully not

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Everythin coming up Milhouse

OhHiMark wrote: »

Rock en Seine. There's usually some overlap between the two, 7/8 mid tier bands last year anyway.
    Do you have a link to the Rock en Seine info, another French festival on the same weekend as RES is Cabaret Vert festival, some of the same artists.

Lineup announcement on the 21st is advertised on their site.

http://www.rockenseine.com/en/news/

Eagles of Death Metal : http://www.parismatch.com/Culture/Musique/Eagles-of-Death-Metal-stars-de-Rock-en-Seine-925009

Diiv: http://www.sourdoreille.net/diiv-nous-a-rassasies/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Fat Freddys Drop are doing some Euro festival in Augurst, hopefully it wouldn't be too long for them to stay and do EP:
    http://www.fatfreddysdrop.com/gig-guide

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I was talking to a friend earlier who works in a Ticketmaster outlet and he was saying that there are only a few hundred tickets left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Listening to Todd Terje's albums for the first time and there's some cracking songs. Can't wait to see him

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MusicLover8498

Just out of curiosity was the limit on drink 2 litres or 48 cans I can't remember and am having a dispute with mes amis hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Just out of curiosity was the limit on drink 2 litres or 48 cans I can't remember and am having a dispute with mes amis hahaha
    The limit is determined by the strength of your musculoskeletal system and/or the storage space in your car. It's never been enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Bootsy. wrote: »
    I was talking to a friend earlier who works in a Ticketmaster outlet and he was saying that there are only a few hundred tickets left

gif_strangelove_scott_edit.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

My arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Whaaaaaaaaa? Surely not??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Let's see how long it takes them to sell the last 'few hundred'. Probably 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cab15

Are the 2 man tipis restricted to two people or can a group of three of us stay in there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

cab15 wrote: »
    Are the 2 man tipis restricted to two people or can a group of three of us stay in there?

In Pink Moon?

You'll be restricted to 2. Only 2 wristbands will be given to access the site.

Also, they wouldn't be particularly comfortable with 3 people and bags, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It'll be the wristbands that'll be your real problem - the tipis aren't big enough for three, but even if you were willing to give it a go, they will likely only give out 2 Pink Moon access wristbands for a 2-man tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It specifically says so on their FAQ actually:
    http://www.pinkmooncamping.co.uk/faq.asp
    If an accommodation states it is for 2 people, can we fit 3 persons in?
    Sorry, no. The persons allowed in the accommodation is strictly limited to the accommodation size stated on our products page. e.g. 3 people won't be allowed in to a 2 person tent etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

You def wont get a third person in. They are really really strict. Trust me. We tried several times to get a friend in who wasnt booked and it wasn't happening. Even on the last night, not a chance.

Why not get one of the other tents that fits 2-4 people?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cab15

MJohnston wrote: »
    It'll be the wristbands that'll be your real problem - the tipis aren't big enough for three, but even if you were willing to give it a go, they will likely only give out 2 Pink Moon access wristbands for a 2-man tent.

Ah yeah, thought that alright. Ah well €185 each for a 4 man for the weekend isn't too pricey anyway! You'd pay that much for a nice tent and a sleeping bag

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ah yeah, thought that alright. Ah well €185 each for a 4 man for the weekend isn't too pricey anyway! You'd pay that much for a nice tent and a sleeping bag

Why not go for the 4 man tent for €410?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

Effects wrote: »
    Hopefully not

haha i feel the same - was just keeping the information flowing :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Could hardly be that people are travelling to see LCD, therefore increasing demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I think if there were a few hundred tickets left, the promoters would be crowing from the rooftops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Could hardly be that people are travelling to see LCD, therefore increasing demand?

Can't see that being the case. Just in Europe, you would have a choice of Primavera, Roskilde, Lovebox, Lowlands .. can't see EP trumping any of those .. in terms of price anyway ..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement