Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Wouldn't mind Everything Everything playing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Fat Freddy's Drop, how about them - was the last time they played Sea Sessions? Give them a 4 hour slot on the Body and Soul stage or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Re getting 3 people in a 2 man tipi.
    Pink Moon has been answered but some of the Boutique camping companies do sell extra wristbands. Probably pricier than Pink Moon but might be worth looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I suspect Slow Readers Club will be added to the bill after their Workmans show next month.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Madness have added another tour date for August in Wales. Looks like they are only touring till the end of August , fingers crossed they add EP to the tour , they usually play Ireland on their tours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Madness have added another tour date for August in Wales. Looks like they are only touring till the end of August , fingers crossed they add EP to the tour , they usually play Ireland on their tours

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*inhales deeply*

Oooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Any idea when tickets purchased will be posted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

Any idea when tickets purchased will be posted ?

I checked with Ticketmaster & they said it might be another month or two before they are posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I have mine already. I bought last year though

I checked with Ticketmaster & they said it might be another month or two before they are posted.

Isn't it amazing that you purchase a product in March and they can't supply it until May/June :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Isn't it amazing that you purchase a product in March and they can't supply it until May/June :rolleyes:

It's not really a product though. The event isn't til August, why do you need it now?

It's a method to try and cut down on touting, however little impact it may have.

It's not really a product though. The event isn't til August, why do you need it now?

It's a method to try and cut down on touting, however little impact it may have.

It is a product, its a physical ticket.

I bought mine right after last year's festival and received the physical ticket not long after. And it's a ****ing pox to be honest, I'd much rather they had held onto it until a couple of weeks before the event, because I've nearly lost mine several times since I got it, and I'll have to move house in June and that's a disaster waiting to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Somebody was saying here last year that they're sent out in batches of a certain size, e.g. 5000 or whatever. So they're not doing it purposely to annoy you and you'll get yours soon enough.

Now stop your bickering.

MJohnston wrote: »
    I bought mine right after last year's festival and received the physical ticket not long after. And it's a ****ing pox to be honest, I'd much rather they had held onto it until a couple of weeks before the event, because I've nearly lost mine several times since I got it, and I'll have to move house in June and that's a disaster waiting to happen.

You need to stitch it into your underpants and wear the same ones until the end of Aug.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

ffs if you're worried about losing your tickets, do the sensible thing.

give them to your mammy to hold on to.

There's a good 'yer ma' joke waiting to be made here, but I'll restrain myself ;)

Snarky Snark Snark

Either that or give them to me, I'll hang on to them and store them in Scruffys Super Ticket Storage Service, No Fees!

you can find the link here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

MJohnston wrote: »

Put the ticket in the box.
    Put the box into the car.
    Drive the car around the woooooooorld...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Any chance of Calvin Harris in the May announcement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

srm23 wrote: »

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

If this happens, I will be selling my early birds on toutless.

F\/ck dat sh!t

Judging by the flavour of the first acts announced, I am happy to surmise that the chances are very very slim...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

If this happens, I will be selling my early birds on toutless.

F\/ck dat sh!t

Judging by the flavour of the first acts announced, I am happy to surmise that the chances are very very slim...

Fatboy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Absolutely not

I wonder if Antony Hegarty might be touring ANOHNI? The tracks I've heard from their album are bloody fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Ha not a hope.

Calvin is a nuclear option , he's a knack magnet, knacks killed oxegen and don't mix well with camping festivals. It would be a massive turn off for a lot of loyal festival goers for this year and next. There is barely a commercial justification for it , its on the way to selling out and he costs a lot of money. EP are not gonna put their reputation as risk.

lbj666 wrote: »
    Ha not a hope.

Calvin is a nuclear option , he's a knack magnet, knacks killed oxegen and don't mix well with camping festivals. It would be a massive turn off for a lot of loyal festival goers for this year and next. There is barely a commercial justification for it , its on the way to selling out and he costs a lot of money. EP are not gonna put their reputation as risk.

Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

You may have heard this doing the rounds in the last day or two.

If not, excellent cover version of Blue Monday by Orkestra Obselete with instruments form the 1930s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

lbj666 wrote: »
    Ha not a hope.

Why do they have that cocktail bar that looks like it is from the streets of magaluf if worried about reputation :rolleyes: not to mention a funfair lol.

Snarky Snark Snark

Why do they have that cocktail bar that looks like it is from the streets of magaluf if worried about reputation :rolleyes: not to mention a funfair lol.

Don't think of it as a cocktail bar/funfair, think of it as a childrens paddock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

It keeps the riff-raff ocupado :pac:

Most of the run of the mill Sam Smith type headliners on the main stage do. I'm usually off in a tent somewhere

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement