Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭lurleen lumpkin

MJohnston wrote: »

The worst thing about the Cocktail Bar for me was that I was already annoyed that the Peacocktails van didn't return from '14 with its amazing Bourbon Brittle cocktails.

The peacocktails were there! I can't remember what was either side of them, but roughly if you stood at the back centre of the b&s main stage, facing the stage, they were in the row of bars/vendors to the left.

Any word about red bull? They've now removed all mention of the stage from the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Ugh that cocktail bar was just horrendous. It wasn't as bad as the e-Cigarette place though. Perhaps it was because I had to pass both of them on the way to the Body and Soul area, and they couldn't have been more diametrically opposed vibe wise. Not to mention the ****ing GAA, but that's another story.

The worst thing about the Cocktail Bar for me was that I was already annoyed that the Peacocktails van didn't return from '14 with its amazing Bourbon Brittle cocktails.

Coming to think of it they probably tendered out a spot for a cocktail bar and that horrendous luminous forecourt from hell thing won which ousted peacocktails from the place. Similar thing with the fun fair a few years ago it when from quaint chairoplanes and helter skelters to funderland behemoths that rake in the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The peacocktails were there! I can't remember what was either side of them, but roughly if you stood at the back centre of the b&s main stage, facing the stage, they were in the row of bars/vendors to the left.

AH ****ITY ****, really?? Although, this might mean they're back again this year? Oh, I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Nialler9 saying EP is sold out. Surely not?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Nialler9 saying EP is sold out. Surely not?!

Email from the press company says so anyway.

There's a few tickets left for Three customers only apparently, but the general sale has ended.

Which is mad - 9 days after the announcement and 6 months before the festival!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Aye, but sure LCD Soundsystem aren't a draw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

The problem is really that you can't say any music is specifically "bad", just that you don't like it. There is no 'bad' art in any form, by it's own definition. If you're into over-produced, under-imaginative, samey EDM (or more realistically, if you're into getting wrecked and moshing around to anything), then Calvin Harris is undoubtedly at the top of that pile for you.

That said, yeah, he would definitely attract a load of the "EP 2015 Cocktail Bar" crowd.
    So there's no such thing as bad but there's such a thing as over-produced and under-imaginative?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ya says it on Facebook! Wow

Shocked. The installment plan is looking like a better idea by the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

1936223_10153996956294168_279857578375104713_n.jpg?oh=cc217fa0d49517245e8c919264492ec1&oe=57602ED4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Christ.

That's not a good sign. The "Oxegen" crowd have grown legion methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Aye, but sure LCD Soundsystem aren't a draw ;)
    They could have had OPM at the top of the bill with Amanda Brunker serving as a sub-headliner and the thing would have sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

where are the tickets for 3 customers? have mine already but i'm sure a few of our group won't have bothered buying theirs yet.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Christ.

Hopefully not. Most people I know who have tickets so far are people who have gone in previous years (not scauldies:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

where are the tickets for 3 customers? have mine already but i'm sure a few of our group won't have bothered buying theirs yet.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

Was wondering the same myself - except I'm one of the ones who didn't bother yet!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

I reckon the festival is going to deteriorate now. Now that it's sold out, what is their incentive now to book another big headliner? Glad i decided to forego EP this year. Am heading to Nos Alive in Portugal. Altho, am gutted to be missing LCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

Anyone know when it was announced as a sell out last year? Was there any further tickets released after it was announced as sold out? (Excuse me while I find some more straws to clutch at)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Christ.

They're learning and getting organised :pac:

Did it ever sell out this early? Not sure if its a good thing or bad thing tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I reckon the festival is going to deteriorate now. Now that it's sold out, what is their incentive now to book another big headliner? Glad i decided to forego EP this year. Am heading to Nos Alive in Portugal. Altho, am gutted to be missing LCD.

Is that because you wont be there mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

That's unbelievable that it's sold out already

Agree with the poster above re: Headline acts - why would they bother adding anyone that's going to cost serious €€€? Unless they're 90% in with an act and just on the cusp of an announce

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Sure it sells out every year, why will it deteriorate because it sells out this year. I'd imagine headliners are already booked, just not announced (although Chems, LCD, New Order and Lana DR are headliners enough on their own I'd have thought)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I've never been so happy to have got one early! Maybe I'll be able to sell it for €400?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

Celtic tiger is back

headliners are booked several months in advance. for most medium-big festivals they'll have booked them a year in advance, with the big acts planning their tours for several months before that.
    the headliners are booked at this stage, whether or not all of them are actually announced yet.

deeks wrote: »
    Anyone know when it was announced as a sell out last year? Was there any further tickets released after it was announced as sold out? (Excuse me while I find some more straws to clutch at)
    20th June last year:
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/0620/709460-electric-picnic-2015-is-now-sold-out/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm flabbergasted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

That's crazy. Has it sold out this quickly before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I wonder how many tickets they have allocated to Seatwave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Sooo glad I got my ticket sorted. Roll on september. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement