Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Why ? If u had anything to sell would u undercut yourself ? Baloney !!

I buy and sell tickets all the time for face value on toutless.com, as do many others.

It's good for your karma - you should look it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Why ? If u had anything to sell would u undercut yourself ? Baloney !!

Because…opportunistic greed!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

sadie06 wrote: »
    Because…opportunistic greed!

Bull , I've no problem whatsoever selling a ticket I bought for 160 for 250 , inflation baby , cut the self righteous crap

Bull , I've no problem whatsoever selling a ticket I bought for 160 for 250 , inflation baby , cut the self righteous crap

Karma baby….it'll bite ya some day!

sadie06 wrote: »
    Karma baby….it'll bite ya some day!

Karma sutra ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Karma sutra ?

That's kama sutra.
    But you're the only one f*cking people over..

edit :
    You should think of changing that username to reggie ignoble.

Karma sutra ?

Never heard of it. Does it mean you'll get the bad sex you deserve?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Haunted, bought my ticket on the spur of the moment a few hours before they sold out.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    That's kama sutra.
    But you're the only one f*cking people over..

edit :
    You should think of changing that username to reggie ignoble.

How many times do u want to edit your post

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Live nation even have a website for reselling your tickets at mucho profit.

There on sale already for about €400 a ticket on seatwave and selling. It'll seem cheap by July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah I can see EP going the same way as Glasto now and the former glory days of T in the Park where a festival can sell out in the first few hours of tickets going on sale. We may see this happening yet for the Picnic, tickets selling out inside an hour of going on sale. Well I'll be there this year hopefully as I'm down for working the week again beforehand, or maybe this current band I'm in could land a gig there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Bootsy. wrote: »
    I was talking to a friend earlier who works in a Ticketmaster outlet and he was saying that there are only a few hundred tickets left

took the piss on your post, you were right though.

Snarky Snark Snark

Live nation even have a website for reselling your tickets at mucho profit.

There on sale already for about €400 a ticket on seatwave and selling. It'll seem cheap by July.

People should be able to pick up tickets a bit cheaper than the 400 there in the run up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

People should be able to pick up tickets a bit cheaper than the 400 there in the run up.

I wouldn't better on it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Wasn't there a release of tickets last minute a few days before the festival last year? Returns or business type tickets people never made use of it something along those lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Has anyone who bought their ticket on the installment plan (ending February 1st) received their tickets yet?

Snarky Snark Snark

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I wouldn't better on it this year

I would. I picked up a pair the minute they went on sale last sept even though I'm heading on me tod. Known few others who did the same. Will be plenty going round later on at pretty much cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Each to their own but I think it's a real scumbaggish thing to do and just encourages other to do the same... resulting in an insane free-for-all for popular events (to say nothing about the vaguely hippyish notion of the cult of being music lovers)

On a similar note, I know of a guy who buys 10 earlybird tickets to Picnic and sells them for 300 quid (to his friends) after it's sold out and then goes on holidays with the profits (EDIT to add, I dunno if it's just me but I'd take more delight in being able to give my friends early bird tickets in the final week before it as a surprise than asking them for nearly double the price of the ticket)

Turns my stomach but enjoy your extra 90 quid won on the desperation of another music fan

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

People who sell EP tickets for €400 are bellends, and people who buy EP tickets for €400 are ****ing cretins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Has anyone who bought their ticket on the installment plan (ending February 1st) received their tickets yet?

No I haven't received mine yet. I bought another ticket in January for my girlfriend and that arrived out within a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

leakyboots wrote: »
    Each to their own but I think it's a real scumbaggish thing to do and just encourages other to do the same... resulting in an insane free-for-all for popular events (to say nothing about the vaguely hippyish notion of the cult of being music lovers)

On a similar note, I know of a guy who buys 10 earlybird tickets to Picnic and sells them for 300 quid (to his friends) after it's sold out and then goes on holidays with the profits (EDIT to add, I dunno if it's just me but I'd take more delight in being able to give my friends early bird tickets in the final week before it as a surprise than asking them for nearly double the price of the ticket)

Turns my stomach but enjoy your extra 90 quid won on the desperation of another music fan

anyone willing to pay way over the odds for a ticket has only themselves to blame. for crying out loud, there's a million other festivals around europe that are cheaper and just as good/better. desperation? it's a festival not a housing crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

not really sure what's wrong with the edit button on here, doesn't work for me at all.

wasn't there an incident last year or the year before where EP actually linked to a site that was selling tickets at inflatable prices? really questionable stuff. don't let people do you like that, there's other festivals out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Haven't got mine yet

MadYaker wrote: »
    Haven't got mine yet

Me neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

People who sell EP tickets for €400 are bellends, and people who buy EP tickets for €400 are ****ing cretins.

Should that not be the other way around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Add your reply here.
    No I think you get the ticket 2/3weeks before it

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

No I haven't received mine yet. I bought another ticket in January for my girlfriend and that arrived out within a week.

Ah, funny whatever process they have for dispatching them. Thanks for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

HausOfTony wrote:

I emailed them and they said it'll probably be another couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Mr.S wrote: »
    Oh dear

:(

Cant see that link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

If you're spending your Monday after a festival asking for more, rather than begging for death, you've ****ed up very, very badly somewhere along the way.

its called reaching 40-always save a bit for next year :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement