Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Mr.S wrote: »

Oh dear

:(

nah, not oh dear, these people are gifts from the gods, they buy their tickets and then they stay in the campsite getting blasted for the weekend, ****ing wonderful, more money for the festival to spend on acts, less knobs blocking the way to the stage!

win win all round, esp cos they get exactly the weekend they wanted and so do we!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Absurd

Jut wondering, do people think that the price will go down in a few months? I know you can't be completely sure. If not, I will check out some other festivals.

Snarky Snark Snark

Absurd wrote: »
    Jut wondering, do people think that the price will go down in a few months? I know you can't be completely sure. If not, I will check out some other festivals.

At the moment with the initial sold out signs, gits are trying to get as much as they can for their tickets, that bloom will fade, give it a bit and you'll be able to get tickets for a reasonable amount closer to the festival.

You're just seeing the initial flush of gob****es who think they're alan (****ing ****) sugar at the moment.

(edited to add in what i think of ****face sugar)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I wouldn't be so sure there going down if you can pick a ticket now for the €300/€350 mark I'd take it. They won't go below that figure.

Snarky Snark Snark

I wouldn't be so sure there going down if you can pick a ticket now for the €300/€350 mark I'd take it. They won't go below that figure.

yeah they will, those of us with multiple tickets are not all c**ts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I must say I'm a big fan of the lineup so gutted it sold out this soon. My own fault for not buying early I suppose. I see tickets on sale for well above face value on donedeal, I thought donedeal had put a stop to selling above face value in recent years?

Snarky Snark Snark

Requin wrote: »
    I must say I'm a big fan of the lineup so gutted it sold out this soon. My own fault for not buying early I suppose. I see tickets on sale for well above face value on donedeal, I thought donedeal had put a stop to selling above face value in recent years?

chill chill, early days yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Don't pay that crazy price!

Just make sure everyone in your working, social and family circles knows you are in the market for a face value ticket and one will come your way.

People drop out of EP for all sorts of reasons (unexpected wedding invitations, lack of funds, can't get the time off, mates didn't get tickets) so you will get one if you really put the word out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I had a bit of a rant yesterday about a guy who was hoping to profiteer from the fact that it's sold out.

Truth is though, these touts can only survive on the oxygen of panic stricken eejits with a bad case of the FOMO..

A few things.

If people would just chill, they'll have to drop their prices when the tickets don't sell.

There will be more tickets from Ticketmaster, so if you really want to go (and my sympathy is tempered by the fact that there was an installment plan you could have availed of), put in a bit of work by checking TM regularly and following the social media of the promoters.

There are 55,000 tickets out there.
    Set up alerts on Toutless and Adverts, and you will get one from a genuine person who has ended up with a spare.

Dont feed the Touts!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

There were piles of tickets for sale for face value in the weeks leading up to last year's one, use the #ticketfairy on twitter and you'll find loads of them, especially in the month or so leading up to it.

• Advertisement

Basic economics says tickets will go up not down, there's some out there now for €250, I wouldn't be hesitating, it's not much over odds but nows the time to strike not in 3/4mts, if tickets are hitting €500+ even scruffy will have a dilema.

Basic economics says tickets will go up not down, there's some out there now for €250, I wouldn't be hesitating, it's not much over odds but nows the time to strike not in 3/4mts, if tickets are hitting €500+ even scruffy will have a dilema.

I doubt that! If tickets were hitting €500 I'd be even more determined to sell for face value.

sadie06 wrote: »
    I doubt that! If tickets were hitting €500 I'd be even more determined to sell for face value.

I'm a capitalist, I'd buy it off you for face value and blow the profits on a good time : )
    The cheapest ticket now on seatwave is €389 http://www.seatwave.ie/electric-picnic-tickets/season

Buying more tickets than you need is investing, why would you tie up your cash and then make no profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'm a capitalist, I'd buy it off you for face value and blow the profits on a good time : )
    The cheapest ticket now on seatwave is €389 http://www.seatwave.ie/electric-picnic-tickets/season

Buying more tickets than you need is investing, why would you tie up your cash and then make no profit.

Because you're profiteering off the back of genuine fans. If you didn't need those tickets, why did you buy them other than to be a hungry cúnt

Synode wrote: »
    Because you're profiteering off the back of genuine fans. If you didn't need those tickets, why did you buy them other than to be a hungry cúnt

Yea that's what I'm saying, all these people with extra tickets why did you bother. I bought a bunch at the discounted price and all are sold to my friends at face value, I've none spare they were just for mates. Some posters here holding tickets just to sell at face value, that I don't get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I always get at least 1 spare at the early bird prices, there's always at least 1 friend who decides they're mad to go as soon as it sells out.

That's all fine and dandy Mr S, but there's tickets now on done deal at very close to face value, if you want a ticket buy now.
    That tickets I linked to on seatwave had now being sold so the market rate for ticket is now €394.
    Anyone I know who has a ticket is going. These are not going to get cheaper come August, you might get lucky but in general you'll be be paying over the odds.
    Buy now is my advice, don't be waiting on a good smaratin we were all brought up capitilists and we live in a capitilists country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

i'm with Mr S on this one. I had friends who paid over the odds last year when it sold out and come the week of the festival there were quite a few around at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

i currently have a spare loyalty ticket. i will sell it next august for €160 unless a friend takes it in the meantime. have ways and means of ensuring a proper fan gets it... will have a laugh at the seatwave carry on if/when i do

The worst C-word of them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I wonder why ticketmaster or EP didn't tell people that the tickets were selling like hot cakes? A simple announcement saying don't wait, buy now. I know a lot of people would probably have ignored it but still.

There's no other big festival, when oxygen was going ep would sell out anyway, now you've got 100,000 with no oxygen festival and the 25,000 that would just go to ep, that leaves a shortfall of 75,000 people with no where to go party, ep will hit oxygen numbers yet but they'll creap it up over a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I dunno about that. There's loads of smaller festivals now which are surely growing every year and cutting into EP's market.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah I'd agree with others that are saying now is the worst time to buy. Once the initial madness of it selling out calms down I'm sure a lot will become available for in and around face value. Ticketmaster will more than likely release another batch closer to the event (although it won't be many), so you would need to be quick to snap them up. The best advice as one poster said above, would be to let everyone in your circle of family and friends know you are on the lookout for a ticket and you will come across one between now and September. Of my group of friends I'd say there are easily 10 who have been left without tickets but I am confident all of them will find one for close to face value between now and then.

There are going to be a lot of people who bought tickets and their friends didn't and will end up selling theirs, I've already spoken to two or three who are considering selling theirs as most of their friends didn't get one. Best of luck to all on here who are on the lookout!

p.s - also heavily considering buying a pink moon tent, is it worth the €100 each?

Snarky Snark Snark

p.s - also heavily considering buying a pink moon tent, is it worth the €100 each?

If you consider a good nights sleep and a shower to be worth it then a thousand times yes.

The security aspect is also a big bonus as is the dedicated entrance just between the comedy tent and the electric arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yes its sooooo worth it. Trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Cheers guys. To be honest I am thinking it will be worth it for saving the hassle of carrying in/setting up a tent alone! Also the showers/toilets/security and the fact that the tents aren't on top of each other sounds very appealing, although in the past few years I have never minded camping in the normal campsites in fairness.

A few questions for ye:
    1) What is the general craic like in the campsite? I presume it's a hell of a lot quieter than the normal campsites (which is the appeal of it!) but I assume there is still a good buzz around the place and plenty of mingling with your neighbours etc?

2) Is it hassle getting to the car park/other campsites? Most of my friends will probably be camping in the Oscar Wilde so I will no doubt pop down to them at some point over the weekend, will it be possible to bring my drink from pink moon down to the other campsites?

3) What are the queues like going into the arena from the private entrance? At times they were ridiculous going in from the main campsites the past two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Which basic economic principle are you referring to? Basic empiricism says that you're wrong. You sound like the sort who spent 750,000 on a paper-built two-bed apartment in a drab Dublin satellite town back in 2006.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone who got a ticket i cant recommend these lads more , Put them in the EA and it will create a great atmosphere.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

A few questions for ye:
    1) What is the general craic like in the campsite? I presume it's a hell of a lot quieter than the normal campsites (which is the appeal of it!) but I assume there is still a good buzz around the place and plenty of mingling with your neighbours etc?.

It's decent, plenty of people around tents during the day/evening and it's got its own bar in the site which is pretty busy and had its own music at night so that you don't get numpties banging out "here's wonderwall" at 2 in the morning
    2) Is it hassle getting to the car park/other campsites? Most of my friends will probably be camping in the Oscar Wilde so I will no doubt pop down to them at some point over the weekend, will it be possible to bring my drink from pink moon down to the other campsites?

There's a car park really close to it at the paintball entrance, best to use that one. Yes you can bring your drink to the other sites & back again.
    3) What are the queues like going into the arena from the private entrance? At times they were ridiculous going in from the main campsites the past two years.

Not too bad at all, much better than the main entrances, can get busy at peak times though but quick enough

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement