Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mine were posted in March this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seanachai wrote: »
    One was in Dublin at the Twisted Pepper publicised in the news and the other was more recently where I'm from but there was no news coverage about it.

Right, so they're really nothing to do with EP then, if the cops were clamping down then half the crowd would have been marched out.

There was a bigger police presence there this year, but I think it was probably purely down to the increased numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Anyone know how to get the loyalty code if you purchased tickets via cash?

Last year I sent a picture of 3 of my wristbands and now I have 4 this year. I got the loyalty code last year by sending the picture to a email, but when I send it this year I get a bounce back.

I have only this year picnic on my Ticketmaster account as record so they havent emailed it out to me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

you need to contact them, they only auto e-mail the codes if it's in their records on your account that you've purchased the previous years.

Meant to have this in my original post, but I saw someone say they contacted customer.services@ticketmaster.ie about their code and they got a reply.

When I emailed them it said that the email address is non contactable. I sent an email to info@electricpicnic.com with proof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

you need to contact them, they only auto e-mail the codes if it's in their records on your account that you've purchased the previous years.

I have both records on my ticketmaster account and i havent received the code yet, but i do remember getting one last year in an email, so it could possibly still arrive by email.

Oh just as i typed that reply i got an email from festival republic with a code!! But it's diff from the ticketmaster one. Wonder would both work??

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

For people who have purchased the installment plan tickets before.

When do tickets generally arrive?

A few months before. Can't remember exactly but in plenty of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

EP answered a post on FB a few mins ago saying family camping still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

even this is a bit hit and miss. the last 2 years i was emailed the code, this year nothing. I had to ring them to get my code.

• Advertisement

Anyone that has wristbands and paid via cash.

I emailed 'PicnicOffer@festivalrepublic.com' with proof of my wristbands.

The responded back that they need a picture of myself holding the wristbands. So if you have 3 wristband and cant get the code email the with a picture of yourself and the bands and you can get the discount code

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Emailed Ticketmaster and got a reply with my code within 15 minutes. Great response time to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

Also a tip. I sent them screenshots of all my EP check ins on FB as proof and that worked.
    Yes I'm a saddo that checks in....*sinks into chair in shame*

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Reefer84

Is it easier to just go into the ticketmaster shop? They didn't ask me last year at all and last weekend was my first EP and i got a loyalty priced ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DDOK

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Can you drink your own drink in pink moon bar or do you need to buy them at the bar?

We drank our own drink at the picnic tables by the bar in Pink Moon this year and there was no issue. I think I saw people with cans in the covered bar area too so I don't think you'll get any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DDOK

Reefer84 wrote: »
    Is it easier to just go into the ticketmaster shop? They didn't ask me last year at all and last weekend was my first EP and i got a loyalty priced ticket.

I got that email requesting a photo of me with the bands. I didn't reply with a photo. I just dropped in to my local ticket master outlet with the bands and got the discount. I also saved on the overpriced online handling charge/booking fee. €162 was the total cost which is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I think a dedicated pink moon forum is needed ;)

Still no code, I couldn't be arsed ringing them. Anyone got a verified mail for TM? Tried "customer.services@ticketmaster.ie" but auto reply said this wasn't a valid mail for queries. Sorry if this has been covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

AdMMM wrote: »
    Emailed Ticketmaster and got a reply with my code within 15 minutes. Great response time to be honest!

What address did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

AdMMM wrote: »
    What email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Button_y

Reefer84 wrote: »

That's what I did, I was hoping to purchase via installment plan but gave up waiting for a code. I emailed them last night and this morning and no reply at all. Its a shambles really, there is no way they should have put the tickets on sale without having the codes distributed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Does anyone know when Pink Moon will start taking reservations? I just booked my tickets for 2016. 160Eur a piece. Absolute Bargain!!!!

Hogzy wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Pink Moon will start taking reservations? I just booked my tickets for 2016. 160Eur a piece. Absolute Bargain!!!!

Already are now. Bookings are open already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

this is the email address that EP said on facebook to use:
    picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Massive cues all day in Portlaoise for next years event

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Got my ticket this morning! Had to get onto festival Republic for my code- sent them screenshots of confirmation emails for 3 years and they sent me the code.

Instalment plan was 1/3 now and then early December and February.

Booking podpads again ASAP- wasn't sure about the move to pink moon but it was great! Went into boutique and it wasn't great looking- way better facilities and much more room. Yay 2016!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Yea, i've stayed in the campervan site 5 or 6 times now.
    It's great and all, but the 30 minutes (or so) walk there and 30 minutes back, maybe 3 times a day, on top of the walking in the arena, salty dog etc takes it's toll by Sunday.
    I'll either go with the camping place right behind EA, or just drive over and back each day (about a 25 min drive from the carpark).
    had a pacer on my wrist this year just to see what walking we clocked! We too were in campervan site day 1 17km day 2 16km day3 14 no wonder my legs felt like lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Massive cues all day in Portlaoise for next years event

A friend rang Clogans and the reason the cues were so long was because their internet was patchy all day they were advising people to go to Tullamore

Good start for them :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Surely this wont sell out for months yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Another downside is the distance that you are from the main arena .. 30 minutes to get to main stage.

We have stayed in campervan since 2013 and this year the facilities up there were very poor. The toilet disposal spot was full on both Saturday and Sunday by 2pm. This is a major problem btw and negates one of the main advantages of having a camper, cos once its full your toilet is out of commission. For us on the Sunday our toilet became ladies only in order that we got through to Monday. Apparently the site toilets at the top of the field were also a disgrace for most of the weekend. So what exactly did we pay for?

I see the campervan prices have increased quite a bit for 2016 also, 83 quid including charges to park in a field, miles from the stages, with dreadful facilities. I love our camper and we use it all the time, not only for festivals, but this is poor value.

This year I drew the short straw and got the drive home on Monday while my better half slept through the journey and arrived home in her pyjamas (now that is an advantage!).
    great crowd and vibe in the campervan site but agree facilities v poor - they would seriously need to review this! We managed to blag a couple of lifts on buggies was great!!! The walk home at night was hard going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

one week on, post picnic listening has been nick cave mostly, my brother thinks I am depressed, cant be doing with anything upbeat, missed him when he played picnic before, late convert but love his stuff. anyone see him last time he played? does it convert well live?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement